Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Jeez.

Well I for one don't want to see a football world where instead of banter between fans we all exchange phone numbers over the tarpaulin.

Hate doesn't produce banter it produces violence.

Banter Definition - an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

Do you not have any friends that you exchange banter with?

Jeez.

Well I for one don't want to see a football world where instead of banter between fans we all exchange phone numbers over the tarpaulin.

Are you retarded?

I'm all for a good bit of banter and a good rivalry. I just think obsessing over how many clubs hate you is a bit pointless - and needy in it's own right, it's like an attention seeking complex really. Leeds fans are terrible for it but some of our own support are pretty bad n'all. It's almost sacrilege in some circles to admit we don't really have any fierce local derby.

Events like El Classico and the Old Firm definitely make the sport a better spectacle (when they aren't killing each other) but if I had to choose between the M69 Derby or the fan-friendship of Livorno/OM/AEK I know what I'd pick and it wouldn't be the chav-off pissing contest.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Women.

Why is it they cant organise themselves properly? You try and arrange days to see each other, and inevitably some days just cant be done for whatever reason, but then there are times when you start to question if they do make the effort in the first place.

I try and do all the arranging, I like to have myself organised and know what I'm doing where and when at least a day or two before. But she likes to take her time, leave it till the last minute and have you running around for in the end what turns out to be for nothing (of course you cant voice this frustration to her, so she is oblivious to all the hassle you go to).

Then you start to ask her again and again about seeing each other, and try to make it so you have more time to discuss it. But this makes you sound quite stupid and needy when really its not like that at all, you just want things organised. But still nothings changed, and nothing ever will.

You begin to think whether its all worth the bother! I'm now finding myself at risk of missing Swansea on Monday to go and see fucking Gulliver at the cinema, which despite everyone who has seen it saying its utter shite, she still wants to see it. I wouldnt usually mind going to see it, but instead of watching the City! Dear me. Cinema prices are a big rip off, but least you usually think you are at least paying for a half decent film, but not this time. Money down the drain. And we all know we'll go and beat Swansea 3 or 4 nil now! Not that she would care.

Unbelieveable. Rant over!

Edited by peterborofox

Women.

Why is it they cant organise themselves properly? You try and arrange days to see each other, and inevitably some days just cant be done for whatever reason, but then there are times when you start to question if they do make the effort in the first place.

I try and do all the arranging, I like to have myself organised and know what I'm doing where and when at least a day or two before. But she likes to take her time, leave it till the last minute and have you running around for in the end what turns out to be for nothing (of course you cant voice this frustration to her, so she is oblivious to all the hassle you go to).

Then you start to ask her again and again about seeing each other, and try to make it so you have more time to discuss it. But this makes you sound quite stupid and needy when really its not like that at all, you just want things organised. But still nothings changed, and nothing ever will.

Maybe you're just really ugly and the female involved has some sense in not wanting to see you

Maybe you're just really ugly and the female involved has some sense in not wanting to see you

Hmm cinema, sitting in the dark maybe you're on to somethingtongue.png

People (sorry to generalise but usually old women, with no sense of awareness of other people) who stop in the middle of the street/enterence of a shop to put umbrellas away or coming out a shop pointing their umbrellas.

It's worse whenever people always think it's a good Idea to stop and pull out the handle of a suitcase at the bottom of the stairs, causing a big pile up of people.

People (sorry to generalise but usually old women, with no sense of awareness of other people) who stop in the middle of the street/enterence of a shop to put umbrellas away or coming out a shop pointing their umbrellas.

I agree - and women who stop at the bottom of the escalators to have a natter / get their bearings / sort out their pushchair, shopping trolley, blah, blah. :mad: