Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I dont know if this is a new thing but I've just noticed you can make other people's profile pictures your profile picture on Facebook. They don't even have to be your friends. As if weirdos needed another way to be fvcking creepy...

Well you could always use whatever image you wanted so long as it wasn't offensive.

The fact that i have to bust my balls at work or in life be accountable for the smallest things and then you get people like woy who do fook all and get paid top dollarsssss.

Not that i work in one of these places but i feel the same as this guy lol (mods if this must be deleted i understand)

Hot desking. Wtf is this shit all about. Which stupid ****ing tart came up with this idea. Twats turning up early to bag the best skiving desks. Impossible to find anyone. Zero decent banter. People who need to work closely together ending up tens of yards apart. No risers so everyone is hunched over a laptop, chiropractor appointments out the wazoo. No storage space so everyone wastes an hour packing and unpacking everyday. And all for what, so we can 'collaborate' and 'share ideas'. Nobody is sharing any ideas you dumb cvnts. Literally nobody.

Hot desking. Wtf is this shit all about. Which stupid ****ing tart came up with this idea. Twats turning up early to bag the best skiving desks. Impossible to find anyone. Zero decent banter. People who need to work closely together ending up tens of yards apart. No risers so everyone is hunched over a laptop, chiropractor appointments out the wazoo. No storage space so everyone wastes an hour packing and unpacking everyday. And all for what, so we can 'collaborate' and 'share ideas'. Nobody is sharing any ideas you dumb cvnts. Literally nobody.

I've always thought that the reason why companies adopt hot design was so no one could have an untidy desk at the end of the day. There's no other reason why it can be beneficial.

This has been bothering me for some time now but today I've lost my temper with it.

I'm of course referring to the horrendous covers of songs on TV adverts.

I've just heard a horrendous slowed down version of Time After Time from a male singer for a fcukcing mattress advert. As you could imagine, it was dreadful.

Then there is the hugely irritating Mad World cover for the Llloyds bank advert...the mind numbingly awful Halifax choir...there are many more but thankfully I've managed to erase them from my memory...for now.

I've always thought that the reason why companies adopt hot design was so no one could have an untidy desk at the end of the day. There's no other reason why it can be beneficial.

Hot desking is alright if your job isn't predominantly office based otherwise you need, well, a proper office and desk.

If it's just a sit down, log on and do some quick reports and emails then fine but to need to actually spend a serious amount of time in front of the desk it's stupid

Hot desking is alright if your job isn't predominantly office based otherwise you need, well, a proper office and desk.

If it's just a sit down, log on and do some quick reports and emails then fine but to need to actually spend a serious amount of time in front of the desk it's stupid

Whats hot desking? 

Just googled it. sounds ridiculous

Edited by Beliall

I think its great, you get to sit as far away as possible from the work colleagues you dislike the most, and nobody raises any questions.

Hot desking was fantastic at my old job, but I think it only worked because it wasn't office-wide. Everyone who worked at my office had their own desk (save a few IT guys and the like), but there were hot-desks for people visiting from other offices to use as they pleased, or the odd occasion when people genuinely needed to collab. Seemed a healthy balance.

100% hot desks sounds like a completely stupid idea. Far too much hassle and incredibly counterproductive.

Hot desking was fantastic at my old job, but I think it only worked because it wasn't office-wide. Everyone who worked at my office had their own desk (save a few IT guys and the like), but there were hot-desks for people visiting from other offices to use as they pleased, or the odd occasion when people genuinely needed to collab. Seemed a healthy balance.

100% hot desks sounds like a completely stupid idea. Far too much hassle and incredibly counterproductive.

Hot desks at the place I work is where the hot females sit......it's fair to say, there aren't many hot desks