Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

22 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

No madder than the days of yore where it was "a woman's place is in the home" and "no Blacks, no dogs, no Irish", I would think.

What I find mind-blowing is we move past the nonsense that some races, sexes, sexual orientations were more intelligent or better or less sinful than others, only to then come round to the nonsense that you can change from one sex to the other, or be born in the wrong sex.  Or that being same sex attracted makes you a transphobe.  It is made on a different level becuase we got past so much of this shit.

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

What I find mind-blowing is we move past the nonsense that some races, sexes, sexual orientations were more intelligent or better or less sinful than others, only to then come round to the nonsense that you can change from one sex to the other, or be born in the wrong sex.  Or that being same sex attracted makes you a transphobe.  It is made on a different level becuase we got past so much of this shit.

:dunno: wishing and being able to change one's identity has nothing to do with believing an identity is superior to another, just more comfortable to oneself.

In any case, give it a few decades and I'm hopeful biotech will have advanced to the point this discussion becomes entirely moot.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

:dunno: wishing and being able to change one's identity has nothing to do with believing an identity is superior to another, just more comfortable to oneself.

In any case, give it a few decades and I'm hopeful biotech will have advanced to the point this discussion becomes entirely moot.

Wow.  I think my friend you are living in dreamland.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Wow.  I think my friend you are living in dreamland.

Really? In terms of what we know about the human body and how to change it we're already massively ahead of where we were twenty years ago - we have gene-based therapeutic treatments being developed for some cancers, for instance.

I wouldn't bet against some more incredibly significant changes in the next, say, fifty years.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Do you think espousing this opinion enough times will drive a chorus of people going "You know what, Jon, your typed war of attrition has really won me over and I now agree with your perspective"? :dunno:

We get it Jon, you are challenged by people not conforming to your world view. Let's drop it now, eh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Really? In terms of what we know about the human body and how to change it we're already massively ahead of where we were twenty years ago - we have gene-based therapeutic treatments being developed for some cancers, for instance.

I wouldn't bet against some more incredibly significant changes in the next, say, fifty years.

Everyone's gonna look like an amalgamation of David Bowie, Eddie Izzard and Ru Paul lol

12 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Leicester Station’s excuse for a car park. The state of that station now is an embarrassment to the city. 

Is the car park there meant to be where the taxis all pile up?..

It's not the most organised of stations logistically.

Any website that when entering a field that can only be numbers makes you do so using the shite small ones on the standard keypad.

Oh also anyone who's been to the Morrison's in Glenfield the amount of folk who park in the parent toddler bays.... I could forgive them if they looked as if they'd struggle to walk the extra few yards or even if the car park was full, but I can gurantee anytime I go there I'll see 4 or 5 using these spaces when there's standard spaces on the next row free.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Just now, Bordersfox said:

People in coffee shops very loudly espousing their bullsh1t views for all to hear.

You're having a private conversation so keep it private you gammon town crying cvnt.  

Was sitting in Costa the other day trying not to listen to a young Mother (with a newborn in a pram) saying why she wished she had a girl and not a boy..

• Sad 3

Just now, Wymsey said:

Was sitting in Costa the other day trying not to listen to a young Mother (with a newborn in a pram) saying why she wished she had a girl and not a boy..

By all means discuss what you want it is a social venue but why the hell do people feel the need to yorp at the top of their voices? 

It's as if they think we all WANT to hear their tedious shite.  I've got my own tedious shite to deal with thanks very much.  

• Like 1

The shameless "scientist" hack Anthony Watts.

Moved from broadcasting climate change ignorance to informing that humans aren't in fact responsible for mass extinctions of wildlife and it's purely coincidental.

There's no way someone so learned can be so ignorant, so sadly that leaves motives that are almost exclusively malicious.

Edit: He doesn't actually have any kind of credentials, he's a jumped-up ex-weatherman taking money from oil and gas think-tanks and support groups and telling people in denial what they want to hear.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The shameless "scientist" hack Anthony Watts.

Moved from broadcasting climate change ignorance to informing that humans aren't in fact responsible for mass extinctions of wildlife and it's purely coincidental.

There's no way someone so learned can be so ignorant, so sadly that leaves motives that are almost exclusively malicious.

Edit: He doesn't actually have any kind of credentials, he's a jumped-up ex-weatherman taking money from oil and gas think-tanks and support groups and telling people in denial what they want to hear.

But what about the more pressing issue of the day  - people who talk too loudly in coffee shops?

Way to make my rant seem petty 😅

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

But what about the more pressing issue of the day  - people who talk too loudly in coffee shops?

Way to make my rant seem petty 😅

TBF yours is a corollary of mine so it's equally important :D

Without these mouthpieces and misinformation you wouldn't have so many loud talking heads in the coffee shop, which is damned annoying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

TBF yours is a corollary of mine so it's equally important :D

Without these mouthpieces and misinformation you wouldn't have so many loud talking heads in the coffee shop, which is damned annoying.

Haha, thank you!

I agree with your first post.  Unfortunately as stated elsewhere I got a bit reacty last night to the Linekar thread and seem to have no thumbs up left.

Which actually also grinds my gears a bit.