Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

20 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

@Milo

So it begins... 

It’s Christmas Eve eve…

I’m not entirely sure I have I have the energy…after spending an entire year telling people to put food in the fvcking fridge. 

All of it. 

All the time. 

Get a bigger fridge. Get two. 

Happy Christmas 

• Haha 1

To also add to my disapproval, when you send them with a big shopping list and they pick up all the reduced aisle items.

They're reduced for a reason so that it can be eaten today or tomorrow, not over the next few weeks! :mad:

(Yes I much prefer shopping by myself)

Edited by HybridFox

10 hours ago, String fellow said:

Front-door letter-boxes fitted with brushes on the inside - guaranteed to bend every card, letter and magazine pushed through them, and leave anything not pushed through completely vulnerable to being stolen. 

People who use your letterbox who don’t fully close the letterbox, allowing a cold wind to whip through the house. I will fight those people with cutting words and knives. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Worse for me is ambient items that don't need refrigerating being put in the fridge.

Bread. Eggs. Cat food. Tomato and other sauces. WHY????

If you buy something from an ordinary shelf in the supermarket, it doesn't need to go in the fridge.

Unless it's alcohol. ;)

But some ambient things do say refrigerate after opening. Lots of jars of sauces and pickles etc. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

And that's why I said "ambient items that don't need refrigerating".

Ahhh, I was only reading this bit "If you buy something from an ordinary shelf in the supermarket, it doesn't need to go in the fridge". 

I still think, if in doubt, wack it in the fridge.  And 99% of the time our full height fridge would look bare without all the jars and sauces :D

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Ahhh, I was only reading this bit "If you buy something from an ordinary shelf in the supermarket, it doesn't need to go in the fridge". 

I still think, if in doubt, wack it in the fridge.  And 99% of the time our full height fridge would look bare without all the jars and sauces :D

Humblebrag lol

2.3kg*0.5 = 4.6 (how many 500gs)

(4.6*30)+30=168 minutes = 2 hours 48 minutes. 

F**k did they get 2 hours 54 from? Even playing tunes with the recommended resting and warming to ambient time doesn't do make it align. 

What really stings is that I'm so gutless and full of self loathing that I've bottled. It and put it on for 2 hours 54. 

Merry Christmas all! 

IMG-20231225-WA0021.jpg

Screenshot_20231225_114109_Photos.jpg

51 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

F**k did they get 2 hours 54 from? Even playing tunes with the recommended resting and warming to ambient time doesn't do make it align. 

What really stings is that I'm so gutless and full of self loathing that I've bottled. It and put it on for 2 hours 54. 

Merry Christmas all! 

IMG-20231225-WA0021.jpg

Never go off their time, always work out time per kg etc. I did a turkey crown last night and m and s said 2:35 hours, whereas guidelines said 2 hours. I did it for 2. Would’ve been well overcooked. I assume they are covering themselves. 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Never go off their time, always work out time per kg etc. I did a turkey crown last night and m and s said 2:35 hours, whereas guidelines said 2 hours. I did it for 2. Would’ve been well overcooked. I assume they are covering themselves. 

Better still use an in cook temperature probe. I use a Meater but there are cheaper ones out there, guaranteed perfect results every time and you can set and forget.  

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Merry Christmas all! 

IMG-20231225-WA0021.jpg

As a complete guess, perhaps the real weight is between 2.3 and 2.4 kg, but to err on the side of caution they round the weight down to the nearest 0.1 kg, but round up for the cooking guideline.

(2.4 / 0.5) * 30 + 30 = 174 mins or 2h54

On 22/12/2023 at 11:45, Tuna said:

Non league clubs tweeting they are rejecting the super league, stops being funny when you see the 300th team doing it.

The stupid thing is they could easily use it as a chance to attract disenfranchised fans of bigger clubs ("come and enjoy real football with us instead" type stuff) but instead everyone has to go for the social media banterlikes.

Their loss, but a shame nonetheless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

The word 'Twixmas'.

No, it's not a thing, don't make it a thing.

There's about 10 articles on the BBC website using it.

Fvck off.

What in hecks name is 'Twixmas'.

There are mini twix in my tub of Celebrations, which are for Christmas. Any connection? 

Edit: I'm wondering now if I should've asked! 

Edited by FoyleFox

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

What in hecks name is 'Twixmas'.

There are mini twix in my tub of Celebrations, which are for Christmas. Any connection? 

Edit: I'm wondering now if I should've asked! 

I'd never heard of it until 2 days ago, now it seems to be everywhere.

Nobody knows completely where it comes from.

One theory is that it derives from the old English word 'betwixt', that means in-between. 

Another explanation stated that it might come from Twix chocolate bars and their phrase "Have a break"

This sums it up, it's bullshit. Everyone knows that's Kit-Kats slogan.

It's just awful.

• Like 1