Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

When you go to Smyth's to get your nephew a My First Vape but they don't have any on the shelves 

Wrong shop mate, you need to go to the Conservative and/or Reform online shops... theyve got loads of them there...theyll send em out you can trust that.

• Haha 1

On 19/07/2024 at 15:51, Daggers said:

What did he do wrong?

Bus was stationary, he went to ride around it because it gave no indication of moving, driver didn't check his mirror. and Vine had right of way.

Possibly, I guess you have the right to overtake a stopped vehicle, but it was already half in the lane he was in at an angle probably should have suggested to him to proceed with a bit more caution.  Perhaps he could have rung his bell!

Edited by Jon the Hat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cne4vw1x83po

"Online influencers like Andrew Tate are radicalising boys into extreme misogyny in a way that is "quite terrifying", police are warning.

Senior police officer Maggie Blyth said young men and boys could be radicalised similarly to how terrorists draw in followers.

She was speaking as the National Police Chiefs Council published a report into violence against women and girls, external, which it is calling a "national emergency".

The NPCC estimated at least one in 12 women in England and Wales would be a victim of violence every year - or about two million women.

And it said the problem had been growing, with "more complicated types of offending".

Deputy Chief Constable Maggie Blyth said officers who focused on violence against women and girls were now working with counter-terrorism teams to look at the risk of young men being radicalised.

Speaking about harmful content online, she said: "We know that some of this is also linked to radicalisation of young people online, we know the influencers, Andrew Tate, the element of influencing of particularly boys, is quite terrifying and that's something that both the leads for counterterrorism in the country and ourselves from a VAWG [violence against women and girls] perspective are discussing."

Sometimes - just sometimes - I think that the internet and social media regulation places like China use actually have a point.

• Like 1

Bloody influencers on the ticktocks have convinced idiots they can take amazing pictures by simply buying a camera...meaning my X100VI order won't get delivered for at least another three to four months.

By the looks of things, a number of them are already finding out they need to know how to do photography, can't do photography, and are trying to shift their purchases for RRP+. Dumbarse millennials.

On 23/07/2024 at 07:19, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cne4vw1x83po

"Online influencers like Andrew Tate are radicalising boys into extreme misogyny in a way that is "quite terrifying", police are warning.

Senior police officer Maggie Blyth said young men and boys could be radicalised similarly to how terrorists draw in followers.

She was speaking as the National Police Chiefs Council published a report into violence against women and girls, external, which it is calling a "national emergency".

The NPCC estimated at least one in 12 women in England and Wales would be a victim of violence every year - or about two million women.

And it said the problem had been growing, with "more complicated types of offending".

Deputy Chief Constable Maggie Blyth said officers who focused on violence against women and girls were now working with counter-terrorism teams to look at the risk of young men being radicalised.

Speaking about harmful content online, she said: "We know that some of this is also linked to radicalisation of young people online, we know the influencers, Andrew Tate, the element of influencing of particularly boys, is quite terrifying and that's something that both the leads for counterterrorism in the country and ourselves from a VAWG [violence against women and girls] perspective are discussing."

Sometimes - just sometimes - I think that the internet and social media regulation places like China use actually have a point.

https://hopenothate.org.uk/2024/07/24/plugged-in-classroom/

• Sad 1

I just saw an article in my Google newsfeed, "17 tips for taking your dog camping." (I can only assume there aren't 18).

I was highly surprised to see that tip no. 1 wasn't, "Don't."

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I just saw an article in my Google newsfeed, "17 tips for taking your dog camping." (I can only assume there aren't 18).

I was highly surprised to see that tip no. 1 wasn't, "Don't."

This is the only tip that counts.

I was made to do it twice. The wife hadn't learned hard enough from the first time - we ended up going home early after two nights.

On 29/07/2024 at 08:21, leicsmac said:

Mosquitoes.

The only species on this planet where I would advocate for total eradication, and with good reason.

and wasps

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

I agree though the aeroplane was good

"In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set – then at least I'll own something that has always worked." - Hermann Goering

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

"In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set – then at least I'll own something that has always worked." - Hermann Goering

Now we can't build anything and everyone thinks of German engineering as the gold standard. 

Was walking around the other day and couldn't help but feel society has completely eroded. We don't take any pride in ourselves as a nation anymore.