Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

19 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9wjx781ngzo

Groundless antivax sentiment.

How very proud "Doctor" Wakefield, Internet misinformers and those with "religious objections" must be when they see children suffering from an easily preventable and possibly eradicatible disease.

It’s an idiocracy 

19 hours ago, leicsmac said:

How very proud "Doctor" Wakefield, Internet misinformers and those with "religious objections" must be when they see children suffering from an easily preventable and possibly eradicatible disease.

Who and what are these peeps, they need to be called out for there stupidy.

23 hours ago, leicsmac said:

They should all be arrested for child cruelty, and then...

When their kids are in care for the 24 hours...

Vaccinate them.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

The football forum at the mo.

I've never seen anyone mention this Popov lad on here before (and had never heard of him) but there is more moaning about it as if he was going to be a regular feature up top. I'm as frustrated with the club as the next person but some posters are looking for the negative in bloody everything and it's so tiresome.

Dare I say.... folk who moan about folk who moan.

Does this make me a member of the set of folk who moan about folk who moan about folk who moan?

This all feels like something akin to Russell's paradox.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Dare I say.... folk who moan about folk who moan.

Does this make me a member of the set of folk who moan about folk who moan about folk who moan?

This all feels like something akin to Russell's paradox.

Fair point.

We're all entitled to a moan, I just wish I could keep up with what's going on without reading so much of it is all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Fair point.

We're all entitled to a moan, I just wish I could keep up with what's going on without reading so much of it is all.

whats going on just happens to be something that makes people moan:brendan:

13 hours ago, ajthefox said:

The football forum at the mo.

I've never seen anyone mention this Popov lad on here before (and had never heard of him) but there is more moaning about it as if he was going to be a regular feature up top. I'm as frustrated with the club as the next person but some posters are looking for the negative in bloody everything and it's so tiresome.

Couldn't agree more.  Whilst there is plenty that isn't right with the club, the negativity then pervades everything.

It doesn't help that there are a few frequent posters with a clear agenda against the club who are unable to see anything positive.  Screams of we aren't signing a striker before the deadline turn to howls of 'Palace reject' when we do.  

It's not as if there isn't plenty to moan about without having to jump all over the stuff we should try and be positive about.  

50 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Couldn't agree more.  Whilst there is plenty that isn't right with the club, the negativity then pervades everything.

It doesn't help that there are a few frequent posters with a clear agenda against the club who are unable to see anything positive.  Screams of we aren't signing a striker before the deadline turn to howls of 'Palace reject' when we do.  

It's not as if there isn't plenty to moan about without having to jump all over the stuff we should try and be positive about.  

Yeh agreed. Interesting perspective into life though. This is social media ergo not real life, but always thought some of these people must be those compliance types you see where nothing is their fault, everything is against them, it’s always unfair etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh agreed. Interesting perspective into life though. This is social media ergo not real life, but always thought some of these people must be those compliance types you see where nothing is their fault, everything is against them, it’s always unfair etc etc. 

Yeah probably true, and that's why I am not on any social media - other than here.  

I should say it's tempered by some really good posters and some funny ones.

It's not about agreeing with everyone on everything, always good to see alternate view points, but definitely some are so deep into a hate spiral I can't really take anything they say that seriously because it's entirely without balance or ability to listen to other viewpoints.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What does this mean? Is it a pop-psych term?

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

What does this mean? Is it a pop-psych term?

Haha no apologies. It’s me taking out my frustration on my compliance colleagues who like to swing their weight around with no regard for the fact their checklist jobs will all be replaced by a bot, on a football forum 

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Football clubs who do a release video to get attention, it’s so pathetic. You’ve signed a player that’s it, no need to try and impress some virgins. 

Weird videos which clearly get engagement and end up on a report to potential/current sponsors to show how many eyeballs a small club like barrow get and hence ask for more money. 
You posting about it here will prob tempt some middle aged bloke who’s disengaged with life, hates the ticket office, detests three short passes in a row and has watched the whole wrexham documentary to google the videos and garner more $$$. I’m no marketing bod but it’s simple genius imo 

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Weird videos which clearly get engagement and end up on a report to potential/current sponsors to show how many eyeballs a small club like barrow get and hence ask for more money. 
You posting about it here will prob tempt some middle aged bloke who’s disengaged with life, hates the ticket office, detests three short passes in a row and has watched the whole wrexham documentary to google the videos and garner more $$$. I’m no marketing bod but it’s simple genius imo 

I didn’t think about it that deeply, just a bit annoying. 

• Haha 3

On 30/08/2024 at 20:32, Unabomber said:

Football clubs who do a release video to get attention, it’s so pathetic. You’ve signed a player that’s it, no need to try and impress some virgins. 

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

So people actually watch them? I see the still on whichever social media platform, acknowledge the shirt and name and move on. Something else to add to my list of I'm doing it wrong. Never mind lol

People filming in gyms. In the gym, you can shove your tripod up your rear. It's such a selfish craze that grinds my gears. Takes up too much space. I came to get fit, not to be in someone's crappy "look at me" video. It's pathetic. 

Annnnnd relax