Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Evri, formerly Hermes. Two emails on Saturday, two more yesterday and two more today all promising to deliver a small parcel in a certain time interval, then saying it's been delayed. Maybe if they tried a bit harder to actually deliver stuff instead of making promises to do so, they'd not have such a bad reputation. Do on-line traders not understand that most of their customers would like to pay slightly more and be confident that their stuff won't have to pass through the hands of these jokers?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, String fellow said:

Evri, formerly Hermes. Two emails on Saturday, two more yesterday and two more today all promising to deliver a small parcel in a certain time interval, then saying it's been delayed. Maybe if they tried a bit harder to actually deliver stuff instead of making promises to do so, they'd not have such a bad reputation. Do on-line traders not understand that most of their customers would like to pay slightly more and be confident that their stuff won't have to pass through the hands of these jokers?  

I've had quite a bit delivered with Evri recently and I've been very impressed with the service. 

I'm currently more unimpressed with Amazon. Most of my recent delivery drivers haven't even bothered to ring the bell or knock. Just dumped somewhere in the front garden. 

My recent online seller gripe, those who say 'any questions, please ask' in the ad but never reply to said questions. 

Yeah no issues with EvRi for me recently either, just seems like a pretty standard delivery service with plenty of pick up points, decent tracking and options for if you need redelivery now. Although tbh I never really had much issue with them before. Yodel used to be the ****ing pits I know that, you wouldn't order a Faberge egg if you knew them tinmen were delivering it

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

I think all delivery companies have issues. The woman who delivers Evri round here is great, but before her whoever it was was awful. Not had much issue with Amazon. DPD have on occasion tried to deliver the completely wrong address. But the worst round here is Royal Mail, and I've had others tell me of their horror stories from other areas. It feels like collectively, the vast majority of them are either lazy, uncaring or incompetent. Not all I'll add, but it feels like a lot of them. I've been sat at home and they haven't even rang my bell so I've missed the delivery, I've caught them getting back in the van with my package after not being able to deliver it to the wrong set of flats, clearly numbered 1-7, when i live at 9. I've had them leave stuff outside the main door of the flats and class that as delivered. Just in the street for anyone to pick up. Last week they put a red attempted delivery card in number 8s post box and then handed my parcel to them at the delivery office. Despite the card and parcel being addressed to me and they supposedly check ID. My mum, who live about 10 miles away, and under a totally different delivery office, had her post man throw a parcel over a 9 foot gate last week. It baffles me how some of them think the behaviour is acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I fully agree with Starmer's winter fuel allowance cut. However if it were any Tory proposing it, I would prob only be in a slight agreement, and would also be faced with hordes of online comments about how the tories are killing old people 

It makes sense to not pay the fuel allowance to rich pensioners. Not a single person is going to argue that someone sitting on millions in the bank needs an extra couple of hundred come winter time. 

Taking it away from people that only have a basic pension seems a bit harsh though. 

• Like 2

I went to see the band American Football at Rock City last night. It was good! However, the fella in front of me had his phone up filming pretty much the whole show. Now, I get getting one little video to prove you were there. I accept that is the modern way and I can be guilty of this, but why do you need to film anything beyond that? You can't tell me that you're gonna watch all of it back when you get home. I've not paid for a ticket to watch pretty much the whole show through your phone screen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

This post could just be generalised to 'LinkedIn' as a whole but why does it feel like everyone is just a narcissist nowadays? Why do some people think that they are so important that other people will want to know about every aspect of their lives?

I've just been scrolling and some guy has posted a video all about how he enters his office each day. He's literally positioned a camera in all four corners of this room so he can show people what he does in the first minute of going into the office for work each day e.g. where he puts his bag, where he puts his phone, how he sits in his chair and the text in the post is a load of waffle about something completely irrelevant to the video.

Needless to say the person in my network who 'liked' this post and made it appear on my timeline, has now been unfollowed. (ps. just to pre-empt responses, I'd love to just not go on LinkedIn to avoid these plebs but I have to use it for work) 

May have mentioned it before but I'm counting the days until my retirement and I don't need to use LinkedIn anymore.

I'm going to write the mother of all posts slagging off cvnts like this and all the willy pullers and clients in my 'network' who I secretly detest for posting constant shite.

It will be a joyous moment.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I've just been scrolling and some guy has posted a video all about how he enters his office each day. He's literally positioned a camera in all four corners of this room so he can show people what he does in the first minute of going into the office for work each day e.g. where he puts his bag, where he puts his phone, how he sits in his chair and the text in the post is a load of waffle about something completely irrelevant to the video.

Sorry you didn't enjoy my content, but could you leave a like anyway just to help my stats.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

May have mentioned it before but I'm counting the days until my retirement and I don't need to use LinkedIn anymore.

I'm going to write the mother of all posts slagging off cvnts like this and all the willy pullers and clients in my 'network' who I secretly detest for posting constant shite.

It will be a joyous moment.

I deleted my LinkedIn account many years ago.  The amount of people who were convinced I was dead..................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

This post could just be generalised to 'LinkedIn' as a whole but why does it feel like everyone is just a narcissist nowadays? Why do some people think that they are so important that other people will want to know about every aspect of their lives?

Needless to say the person in my network who 'liked' this post and made it appear on my timeline, has now been unfollowed. (ps. just to pre-empt responses, I'd love to just not go on LinkedIn to avoid these plebs but I have to use it for work) 

Next time he puts something up, reply to it with 'and the whole office applauded'.

He will probably be too deluded to know you are taking the piss.

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 2

Waits for clear skies to use his wireless remote for the camera. Clear skies arrive. Go to set up remote - not compatible with camera.

Today will be spent driving around camera shops of the East Midlands.