Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

22 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

This post could just be generalised to 'LinkedIn' as a whole but why does it feel like everyone is just a narcissist nowadays? Why do some people think that they are so important that other people will want to know about every aspect of their lives?

I've just been scrolling and some guy has posted a video all about how he enters his office each day. He's literally positioned a camera in all four corners of this room so he can show people what he does in the first minute of going into the office for work each day e.g. where he puts his bag, where he puts his phone, how he sits in his chair and the text in the post is a load of waffle about something completely irrelevant to the video.

Needless to say the person in my network who 'liked' this post and made it appear on my timeline, has now been unfollowed. (ps. just to pre-empt responses, I'd love to just not go on LinkedIn to avoid these plebs but I have to use it for work) 

what a boring sad self righteous cvnt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blarmy said:

Likewise, overly loud and repetitive music in documentaries that tries to manipulate my brain into a certain emotional response, rather than a natural emotional response based on the content. 

I hate this. It goes hand in hand with the dumbing down of anything to do with nature, science or similar.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c0494zkxprpo

Fourth kits in football. Noel Gallagher has designed one for Man City.

Why? They don't need them. Three is literally the max any team could possibly need. And you could argue that actually teams only need two.

I remember a few years back Norwich had a yellow and green 1st kit, a green and yellow 2nd kit and a yellow and green 3rd kit. There's surely an argument there they could have just had 1 kit lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

I remember a few years back Norwich had a yellow and green 1st kit, a green and yellow 2nd kit and a yellow and green 3rd kit. There's surely an argument there they could have just had 1 kit lol

Haha yeah remember that!

25 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Not exactly going to clash with anyone either given the rather rancid colour combo.

36 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

My daughters GP is charging her £25 for a letter my grandchild's school has requested, regarding his dietary needs.

I know why GPs can charge for letters but this charge is discretionary and, as it's for a 4 year old childs health needs, I think it's wrong.

I can understand how you feel, but tbh, if it's important that the lad needs certain foods, isn't that a small price to pay? I'd pay my GP ten times that amount if he'd write to the DVLA to convince them that my vision is fine - which it is! 

14 hours ago, String fellow said:

I can understand how you feel, but tbh, if it's important that the lad needs certain foods, isn't that a small price to pay? I'd pay my GP ten times that amount if he'd write to the DVLA to convince them that my vision is fine - which it is! 

Sounds like you have an excellent alibi for not being able to read the DVLA's letter

• Haha 1

Football 'shithousery', especially from official club channels. Totally understandable and fair when it's a player (e.g. Vardy) who's been given stick throughout the game, but when it's from e.g. a club twitter account it's just cringey and without wishing to sound like an old bastard, totally disrespectful. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Plumbing.

You people who do plumbing - how?

There is never enough room for your hands. And plastic threads? What moron thought plastic threads are a good idea?

I hate the plumbing.

Insert some garbage comment about how plastic is lighter, just as strong as metal and tested for long term durability.  Ie. Trying to save money, talking crap now move along and pay the same price as metal. Lol

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

And plastic threads? What moron thought plastic threads are a good idea?

It was the other way round for me and the cold water pipe that fills the sistern. The valve kept leaking no matter how many different brass valves I tried with plenty of plumbers tape. The only thing that stopped it leaking was using a plastic valve on the top half. No idea why.