Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Garlic bread. Terrific stuff.

oh man the thought of combining crisps with bread at this hour is making me salivate.

it was always my dream as a child to open a crisp butty shop. might try set the wheels in motion soonish.

Set it up on a back alley in London and you'll have the next big hipster dining spot.

I make mini sandwiches and put them in between big crisps

you can be my business partner

Garlic bread. Terrific stuff.

Set it up on a back alley in London and you'll have the next big hipster dining spot.

I legit think it would work too who doesn't love crisp butties

What's everyone's favourite sandwich or variation of bread?

Subway 6 inch Italian. Turkey slices & pepper cheese, red onion and jalapeno peppers + mayo. £2.69 = bargain. Probably have about 4 a week. I'm obsessed.

what type of butter though? im an anchor man myself truly magnificent spread that

"I can't believe it's not butter!"

Well I can, because it isn't butter. It's Clover all day for me lol

What's everyone's favourite sandwich or variation of bread?

Different breads for different... needs

If we're talking sandwich, 9 times out of ten it's gotta be white sliced. Brown is alright for all-day breakfast or ham and cheese, but you ever made the mistake of using brown for a chip buttie? Nasty

French baguette smeared with potted beef or proper salty butter, always great

Peshwari naan YES PLEASE

Seeded batch is good if you want to pretend you're being healthy

Bloomer if you're planning on eating it same day

Danish for crisp sandwiches

Cheese topped baps stuff with naff sausages

Garlic flatbread cooked on the griddle, perfect

English muffins and scones are naturally fantastic

Soreen. Yeah why not

On the whole I'd say Warburton's Toastie is my go-to, good for most things.

As for butter, has to be proper salted butter. French stuff with salt crystals in is the best. I will just about tolerate Lurpak Spreadable but any other spread can do one. It REALLY bothers me when someone asks if you want butter then they pull out some giant tub of bright yellow slop trying to pull a fast one

If I offer you a cup of tea then piss in a mug and put a splash of milk in it, you wouldn't be happy. They're both hot and fluid, what's the difference?

• Like 3

Proper fresh bread which you can cut yourself outdoes sliced bread every day of the week for me.

You can have thick sandwiches, thin sandwiches, fat sandwiches, double decker sandwiches, triple decker sandwiches. 

But my favourite, is when you cut the loaf in half take out the middle and stuff it full of goodness.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/food/ic/food_16x9_448/recipes/roasted_vegetable_picnic_46310_16x9.jpg

Something like that but filled with your filling of choice.

Edited by Ollie93

Proper fresh bread which you can cut yourself outdoes sliced bread every day of the week for me.

You can have thick sandwiches, thin sandwiches, fat sandwiches, double decker sandwiches, triple decker sandwiches. 

That's the problem with a loaf, well hard to cut thin slices unless you've got a well expensive knife or 4 hours to kill

That's the problem with a loaf, well hard to cut thin slices unless you've got a well expensive knife or 4 hours to kill

How thins thin though? To be fair just bought these new knives and they are the sickest thing ever, cutting bread is just not an issue any more.

Same as thin sliced bread, 10mm ish? If I try and cut that thin it just rips the bread up

IMO you only need to cut bread thin enough to fit in the toaster, otherwise the thicker the better. But each to their own.