Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It annoys me when people send me an email at work without saying "Hi, Hello or any sort of greeting" Even more so when they just state my name and then get on with the email.

Bit pedantic probably but grinds my gears.

Oh, and I also love bread.

That's interesting, I prefer it when people just get to the point. No need to receive emails from colleagues which start with 'Hello, X - how's it going? How was your weekend? I had a great time doing X in the X mountains and the weather was X...' Just get on with it what do I need to know?

That's interesting, I prefer it when people just get to the point. No need to receive emails from colleagues which start with 'Hello, X - how's it going? How was your weekend? I had a great time doing X in the X mountains and the weather was X...' Just get on with it what do I need to know?

Oh yeah I don't want to know all that but an hello would be nice. I get emails like...

Rowlattsfox,

Can you blah blah blah etc

Like I say, pedantic but doesn't seem very polite to me.

Oh yeah I don't want to know all that but an hello would be nice. I get emails like...

Rowlattsfox,

Can you blah blah blah etc

Like I say, pedantic but doesn't seem very polite to me.

wow you must spend a lot of time on foxes talk at work

It annoys me when people send me an email at work without saying "Hi, Hello or any sort of greeting" Even more so when they just state my name and then get on with the email.

Bit pedantic probably but grinds my gears.

Oh, and I also love bread.

I frequently send no nonsense emails, usually when I'm annoyed at whoever.

I only stick something like "hope you're well" in if they're important or I need something from them.

Tend to sign off an e-mail with Thanks, or Regards if I don't know them. Can't be doing with this "kind regards" BS. Hate the term (which, as you'd expect, everyone uses.)

I've mentioned this before, but I'm getting fed of seeing these types of email...

Dear Friend,

How are you today? I hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transaction and transfer of your international bank draft cheque to you from the bank, I am sorry for presenting and using someone else in your name to get this transaction successful. Due to logistic reasons and your inconsistence to the other best to you, right now, I want to inform you that I have successfully cleared the bank draft check fund to someone else account who was capable of assisting me in this great venture that have been over and successful.

Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trustworthiness you showed at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of $800,000.00 (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS).

I have authorized Mr. Mark Ndu where I deposited the money with to issue you international certified bank draft, cashable cheque at your bank or anywhere as choice felt. My dear friend I will like you to contact Mr. Mark Ndu for the collection of this international certified bank draft.

His name and contact address is as follows:

COMPENSATION HEAD OFFICE
CONTACT AGENT: MR MARK NDU
Email Address: [email protected]

Contact Mr. Mark Ndu at this moment, I'm very busy here in the Paraguay because of the investment projects, which my new partner and I are, having at hand In Paraguay Finally remembers that I have forwarded instructions to Mr. Mark Ndu on your behalf to send the bank draft cheque of $800,000.00 (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS). To you as soon as you contact him without delay. Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks God bless you and your family.

Hope to hear from you soon as soon as you've gotten my compensation.

Sincerely

**** off.

I usually "hi" someone I don't speak to regularly but if I speak to them regularly I just go straight in with the name.

There's something a bit weird about saying hi in an email to someone you've spoken to in the last few hours.

Also weird are those people who offer a standard hi so they'll email you with a hi, you'll hi back and they'll come back with another hi. If you've already said hi to someone there's no need to say hi again in the same email chain unless it's a new day.

If emails are firing back and forth in the same day I tend to do away with any kind of greeting and go straight to the message. This is really living on the edge though and is only suitable for a fast paced email chains among familiar colleagues.

As for thanks/regards I'll thank only if there's some reason why I would thank like if I've asked for some information, otherwise it's regards.

I'll offer kind regards on the odd occasion, typically in formal emails to people I don't know at all.

I've mentioned this before, but I'm getting fed of seeing these types of email...

Dear Friend,

How are you today? I hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transaction and transfer of your international bank draft cheque to you from the bank, I am sorry for presenting and using someone else in your name to get this transaction successful. Due to logistic reasons and your inconsistence to the other best to you, right now, I want to inform you that I have successfully cleared the bank draft check fund to someone else account who was capable of assisting me in this great venture that have been over and successful.

Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trustworthiness you showed at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of $800,000.00 (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS).

I have authorized Mr. Mark Ndu where I deposited the money with to issue you international certified bank draft, cashable cheque at your bank or anywhere as choice felt. My dear friend I will like you to contact Mr. Mark Ndu for the collection of this international certified bank draft.

His name and contact address is as follows:

COMPENSATION HEAD OFFICE
CONTACT AGENT: MR MARK NDU
Email Address: [email protected]

Contact Mr. Mark Ndu at this moment, I'm very busy here in the Paraguay because of the investment projects, which my new partner and I are, having at hand In Paraguay Finally remembers that I have forwarded instructions to Mr. Mark Ndu on your behalf to send the bank draft cheque of $800,000.00 (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS). To you as soon as you contact him without delay. Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks God bless you and your family.

Hope to hear from you soon as soon as you've gotten my compensation.

Sincerely

**** off.

Just report it as spam? or block the sender?

I usually "hi" someone I don't speak to regularly but if I speak to them regularly I just go straight in with the name.

There's something a bit weird about saying hi in an email to someone you've spoken to in the last few hours.

oh man so this, always wtf when the person sat opposite you forwards you an email or a document and says "hi will, please see attached as discussed, kind regards, jan". 

like yo jan just send the spreadsheet cut the bullshit we're sat next to each other you wet one 

Also weird are those people who offer a standard hi so they'll email you with a hi, you'll hi back and they'll come back with another hi. If you've already said hi to someone there's no need to say hi again in the same email chain unless it's a new day.

If emails are firing back and forth in the same day I tend to do away with any kind of greeting and go straight to the message. This is really living on the edge though and is only suitable for a fast paced email chains among familiar colleagues.

As for thanks/regards I'll thank only if there's some reason why I would thank like if I've asked for some information, otherwise it's regards.

I'll offer kind regards on the odd occasion, typically in formal emails to people I don't know at all.

I think this sums it up for me too.

**** off.

Have you only just started getting emails or something? Or is the spam filter not working on your inbox?

Those emails are nothing new :blink: In fact I can't remember the last time I received one, junk filters are quite good nowadays