Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Film festival organization that even can't get the basic stuff straight.

I was queuing for more than an hour today with my gf in order to see a screening at Locarno. The ticket desk was supposed to be open 30 minutes in advance, the staff arrived about fifteen minutes before the doors opened. Then they let everyone wait outside the entrance, still selling tickets, when it turns out the screening had already sold out. lol

At least we got our tickets reimbursed afterwards.

Narrow-minded folks.

I was sat on the train back home from the South of the country. My left-hand neighbors were talking **** all along the way, mainly about food and one of them was utterly condescending towards her husband, belittling and berating him at every single moment. At one point, that **** called a group of Asian tourists at one station "Japs".

Backwoods people for a backwoods nation?

Narrow-minded folks.

I was sat on the train back home from the South of the country. My left-hand neighbors were talking **** all along the way, mainly about food and one of them was utterly condescending towards her husband, belittling and berating him at every single moment. At one point, that **** called a group of Asian tourists at one station "Japs".

Backwoods people for a backwoods nation?

Backwards

After the west ham meeting my cousin, a QPR STH over at hammersmith for a drink. Unfortunately they are on SKY so on my own til about 730. In Hammersmith but only one pub out of five around here showing live sport.

Got two channels, one showing eggchasing (two foreign teams) and the other showing German football. We are less than a mile from shepherds bush so I ask for the QPR match. Geezer behind bar looks at me like I am from outer space and says the locals want the rugby and bundesliga!

I know London is cosmopolitan, but surely we have some English living there. I know QPR are rubbish, but why do some pubs favour foreign sport over home grown.

After the west ham meeting my cousin, a QPR STH over at hammersmith for a drink. Unfortunately they are on SKY so on my own til about 730. In Hammersmith but only one pub out of five around here showing live sport.

Got two channels, one showing eggchasing (two foreign teams) and the other showing German football. We are less than a mile from shepherds bush so I ask for the QPR match. Geezer behind bar looks at me like I am from outer space and says the locals want the rugby and bundesliga!

I know London is cosmopolitan, but surely we have some English living there. I know QPR are rubbish, but why do some pubs favour foreign sport over home grown.

Because it's more entertaining? Do you watch only British films?

Not really surprising, London is very much a global city based in England, rather than an English city. Whether you think that's a good thing or not depends on how you see things. Personally I like it. There is plenty of real England left, shocking places like Liverpool for eg.

Not really surprising, London is very much a global city based in England, rather than an English city. Whether you think that's a good thing or not depends on how you see things. Personally I like it. There is plenty of real England left, shocking places like Liverpool for eg.

Liverpool's alright.

You could have said North Norfolk, Cornwall, Leicestershire, the North Yorkshire coast and loads of other stunning places on this island....

• Like 1

Liverpool's alright.

You could have said North Norfolk, Cornwall, Leicestershire, the North Yorkshire coast and loads of other stunning places on this island....

i would assume as a troll he said liverpool was shocking as an attempt to get a bite from me. in reality anyone who thinks it's "shocking" has either never been, so to comment on it would be retarded, or has been but didn't like it, therefore is retarded anyway. frank fits the bill tbf. 

i would assume as a troll he said liverpool was shocking as an attempt to get a bite from me. in reality anyone who thinks it's "shocking" has either never been, so to comment on it would be retarded, or has been but didn't like it, therefore is retarded anyway. frank fits the bill tbf. 

I haven't been much, used to go to Manchester much more when I was at Uni.

In general I can't stand people who slag places off, everywhere has its good and bad parts and if you think you live in paradise just shut up and be content.

Foxestalk has been trollerific recently, I reckon it's a consequence of how content everyone is with the football.

Edited by bovril

I haven't been much, used to go to Manchester much more when I was at Uni.

In general I can't stand people who slag places off, everywhere has its good and bad parts and if you think you live in paradise just shut up and be content.

Foxestalk has been trollerific recently, I reckon it's a consequence of how content everyone is with the football.

haha yeah, there are places i'd prefer to avoid in liverpool but they're out of town and there is literally no reason to go to any of them unless you deal drugs or live there. 

yeh probably, less football to troll so just unfunny people trying to be funny about other stuff instead.