Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Listening to my colleague bang on about how hilarious it is that reports are saying the number of people trying to breach the Eurotunnel each night has been reduced from 2k to 150 as though it's no difference at all and they're still all going to break through and steal our jobs (even though obviously like me he doesn't even live in the UK so he has no job there to be stolen)...  Too tired to even begin trying to explain maths to him.

Listening to my colleague bang on about how hilarious it is that reports are saying the number of people trying to breach the Eurotunnel each night has been reduced from 2k to 150 as though it's no difference at all and they're still all going to break through and steal our jobs (even though obviously like me he doesn't even live in the UK so he has no job there to be stolen)...  Too tired to even begin trying to explain maths to him.

I think you'll find they are actually trying to steal "are" jobs, Mr Llama.

I've never actually worked out how one can 'steal' a job. I'd like to know, might be handy in my future career.

Seen this done as a flow chart picture. Goes something like this.

They are stealing our jobs.

Do you have a job?

Answer

Yes=  No they are not taking your job. You have a job

No=They are better qualified than you

Were you sacked

Answer

Yes Your employer replaced you because you were crap at your work.

Edited by Rincewind

Duvet covers.

Why the fvck can't they have fastenings on more than one side?

It's a nightmare when trying to put it in, around and under the bloody duvet.

I sometimes feel like a student in not being bothered to put the covers on. lol

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Absolute 'mare.

I've only just came back to this now and realised in my moment of deep hatred I made the fvck ups of all fvck ups.

God forgive me. lol lol lol

Edited by Finnaldo

Duvet covers.

Why the fvck can't they have fastenings on more than one side?

It's a nightmare when trying to put it in, around and under the bloody duvet.

I sometimes feel like a student in not being bothered to put the covers on. lol

Come on. It's pretty easy.

Lay the cover out flat, and grab the two corners of the duvet that will be at the opposite end of the cover opening with one hand. Then put your hand holding the duvet corners up inside the cover up to the end of the cover and put both corners of the duvet into the end corners of the cover. then grab the top corners of the cover from the outside (one in each hand) with the duvet inside, hold it up and shake it to get the bottom end of the cover down a bit. Now put the bottom corners of the duvet into the correct corners of the cover like you did the top end. You might need to hold it up and shake it again. Fasten the opening. Done.

Duvet covers, I've got two methods.

1) "The dog poo bag". Turn cover inside out. Grab the corners of the non-opening end and the end of the duvet then bring the inside-out cover back over the duvet turning it rightside out as you do

2) "Military". Lay the cover on the floor. Grab two corners of the duvet and crawl into the open duvet cover and shove the two corners into the corners of the duvet cover. Climb out carefully, shake it flat and close it

• Like 1

Lay the cover out flat, and grab the two corners of the duvet that will be at the opposite end of the cover opening with one hand. Then put your hand holding the duvet corners up inside the cover up to the end of the cover and put both corners of the duvet into the end corners of the cover. then grab the top corners of the cover from the outside (one in each hand) with the duvet inside, hold it up and shake it to get the bottom end of the cover down a bit. Now put the bottom corners of the duvet into the correct corners of the cover like you did the top end. You might need to hold it up and shake it again. Fasten the opening. Done.

You didn't make that sound easy!

Duvet covers, I've got two methods.

1) "The dog poo bag". Turn cover inside out. Grab the corners of the non-opening end and the end of the duvet then bring the inside-out cover back over the duvet turning it rightside out as you do

2) "Military". Lay the cover on the floor. Grab two corners of the duvet and crawl into the open duvet cover and shove the two corners into the corners of the duvet cover. Climb out carefully, shake it flat and close it

The 'dog poo bag' method is the easiest, and such a wonderful way to describe it.

Yep.

'Er indoors has explained this to me a thousand times; she has demonstrated it, too - it takes her about a minute - but to no avail.

I simply cannot do it. :(

Edited by Buce