Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Talksport.

People won't believe me that I've never listened to it before, but I've never listened to commercial radio given the choice. I was astonished at how difficult it was to listen to, given I know a lot of people that seem to like it.

Half formed 'opinions' belched into the ether by barely sentient sports divs while the producer I assume stands in front of them holding a sign asking them to dumb it down a bit more, punctuated every few seconds by the worst adverts I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to static.

Makes Gem 106 seem almost bearable

• Like 1

Talksport.

People won't believe me that I've never listened to it before, but I've never listened to commercial radio given the choice. I was astonished at how difficult it was to listen to, given I know a lot of people that seem to like it.

Half formed 'opinions' belched into the ether by barely sentient sports divs while the producer I assume stands in front of them holding a sign asking them to dumb it down a bit more, punctuated every few seconds by the worst adverts I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to static.

I only listen to their commentary on PL games in the car on the way back from away games and it is a painful experience, you get to know more about the odds for the timing of the next throw in than what is actually going on in the game.

Adverts where the producers (or whatever they are) haven't thought it through. For instance, thd trivago advert where the Italian kid can't remember where the gangsters hid all the cash.

Wouldn't it now be worthless as Italy is in the euro??????

The painfully unfunny "in before the lock" images that keep obnoxiously showing up in threads now.  It's bad enough when the thread's genuinely got a few short minutes of lifespan left, but now people are doing it in threads that don't even look close to ending.  

Could one of you lot explain to me:  What's the actual point?  Is this some new brand of 'humour' for the kidz?  Either way, count me out.

The painfully unfunny "in before the lock" images that keep obnoxiously showing up in threads now.  It's bad enough when the thread's genuinely got a few short minutes of lifespan left, but now people are doing it in threads that don't even look close to ending.  

Could one of you lot explain to me:  What's the actual point?  Is this some new brand of 'humour' for the kidz?  Either way, count me out.

Also when people feel the need to end almost every sentence with 'imho, or 'imo' lately. We get it, it's your opinion, we managed to work that out from the rest of what you've written. Or again, is this just some unfunny attempt at humour these days, or an attempt to actually sound intelligent or informed by prolonging the sentence or showing off because they have an opinion?

Also when people feel the need to end almost every sentence with 'imho, or 'imo' lately. We get it, it's your opinion, we managed to work that out from the rest of what you've written. Or again, is this just some unfunny attempt at humour these days, or an attempt to actually sound intelligent or informed by prolonging the sentence or showing off because they have an opinion?

Tbh I don't mind that one so much tbph imo.

Tbh I don't mind that one so much tbph imo.

asdoguhnadpofgnasdfnb'aksv!!!!

Sorry for the outburst there. If used sparingly or in the right context, I guess it's not really a problem, but time and time again, it's just being shoved on the end of a sentence when it's really not needed. Maybe I'm just being an old cvnt, but I think half the time it makes people look pretty dumb.

Nice Samurai Champloo sig by the way.

Sorry for the outburst there. If used sparingly or in the right context, I guess it's not really a problem, but time and time again, it's just being shoved on the end of a sentence when it's really not needed. Maybe I'm just being an old cvnt, but I think half the time it makes people look pretty dumb.

Mugen's stance in the intro makes me giggle every time I watch it.  Had to chuck it in there imo.  

:ph34r:

I started using imo ironically but I just do it anyway now tbqh

agreed imho 

I only listen to their commentary on PL games in the car on the way back from away games and it is a painful experience, you get to know more about the odds for the timing of the next throw in than what is actually going on in the game.

It sort of explains those people that don't like sport at all. They've presumably heard Talksport and not unreasonably decide that they want nothing to do with it

I'm rediscovering my over-sensitive nationalist side working with foreign students in Cambridge.

Cocky Swiss guy: "The problem with English cheese is it all tastes the same".

Mother****er....

That's fvcking ludicrous!

I suspect we might be the nation with the most varied cheeses. Stilton is more or less the polar opposite of Red Leicester. And that's just one county!

Pretty rich coming from a Swiss person, as well.

• Like 2

That's fvcking ludicrous!

I suspect we might be the nation with the most varied cheeses. Stilton is more or less the polar opposite of Red Leicester. And that's just one county!

Pretty rich coming from a Swiss person, as well.

Yeah at least we eat our cheese not melt the fvcker. It's always more annoying said in a Swiss / German accent, too. Like I can live with an Italian telling me the coffee is crap in a charming accent, but please don't slag off my cheese in your aggressive Teutonic tones.

• Like 3

Yeah at least we eat our cheese not melt the fvcker. It's always more annoying said in a Swiss / German accent, too. Like I can live with an Italian telling me the coffee is crap in a charming accent, but please don't slag off my cheese in your aggressive Teutonic tones.

lol  Good point. I don't mind Italians or the Spanish slagging off our food, because you've got to say fair enough, but I laugh when I hear it off a Pole. It's like a bloke with cancer lauding it over an AIDS guy.

They don't half big up their sausages, as well. I worked in a pub with Polish kitchen staff, and I was looking forward to trying what were hyped up like the best in the world. Finally got to try some. Needless to say, I was not in the least bit impressed. They're okay, but I much prefer Lincolnshire sausages. Bang(er) average.

lol  Good point. I don't mind Italians or the Spanish slagging off our food, because you've got to say fair enough, but I laugh when I hear it off a Pole. It's like a bloke with cancer lauding it over an AIDS guy.

They don't half big up their sausages, as well. I worked in a pub with Polish kitchen staff, and I was looking forward to trying what were hyped up like the best in the world. Finally got to try some. Needless to say, I was not in the least bit impressed. They're okay, but I much prefer Lincolnshire sausages. Bang(er) average.

It annoys me when anybody slags off an aspect of a country without actually researching it or trying it for themselves. It's lazy and arrogant. UK has a hell of a lot of great food, you just have to search for it a bit harder. Don't go to Tesco's and Costa and then tell me we have shite cuisine. It's the same in most countries, I bet Poland has some amazing local dish or weird brandy made from sticks and dead parrots that tastes like heaven.

Talksport.

Yeah I can't listen to it now. I like Colin Murray and Max Rushden but every time I'd attempt to tune in, it'd be an advert, competition or padding for another show. It must be less than 50% actual content. 

• Like 1