Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Prices that exclude tax until you're ready to pay.

I hate this system. I've hated it ever since I moved into it. Just tell me what money you're expecting me to hand over you tosspipes.

It's one of the main reasons I don't ever use cash unless I have to. I can't be fooked to figure out the taxes, especially as there's two different taxes that aren't always applied.

Plastic is the way to go... 'cept in tits.

Bloody US; making me think I have found a bargain until I get to the till. :angry:

Foreigners wearing clothes with stupid English branding

Recently seen on a trip to Holland - a geek who had SKY REBEL emblazoned across his denim jacket

a butch looking woman who had FIST POWER beneath a picture of a clenched fist

I have both these items, and I'm not foreign...

I also have a cap with MAVERICK emblazened across it.

Idiots who just because there is a little bit of snow drive at 10mph. Usually women.

<_< :angry:

Canada's much worse... the taxes are considerably higher for the most part. :S

Does Canada have different State taxes, like the US, or is it simply down to them being a bit difficult?

<_< :angry:

Does Canada have different State taxes, like the US, or is it simply down to them being a bit difficult?

It differs from province to province (Provincial Sales Tax - PST), naturally. Ontario it's 8%... Quebec I'm not sure... 7.5% I think. Alberta doesn't have any PST. Prince Edward Island has the highest rate at 10%.

And then there's the national VAT-type tax, the GST (Goods & Services Tax I think it's called). That's 5%. So for me here in Ottawa, on some things I pay 5% in GST, some others I pay just 8% PST, and on others still there's GST and PST together (totalling 13%). And to complicate matters further, some places don't add any of the taxes for whatever reason... the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario - the booze shop) for one, I think includes all the taxes in the base prices. I don't know which taxes they even charge. lol

If you head out to the Maritime provinces such as Nova Scotia, GST and PST are combined to form HST (harmonized sales tax) which is 13%. It's because the provinces couldn't be arsed to collect their own provincial taxes, or something like that.

Basically, taxes range from around 5% up to around 15% or so... depending on the product and the province. :doh:

It is a County sales Tax not State. For example in Franklin County (Where I live) it is 6.75%. Cuyahoga County is 7.75% or so. Some states don't have a sales tax, some don't have income Tax but pay higher sales tax.

It differs from province to province (Provincial Sales Tax - PST), naturally. Ontario it's 8%... Quebec I'm not sure... 7.5% I think. Alberta doesn't have any PST. Prince Edward Island has the highest rate at 10%.

And then there's the national VAT-type tax, the GST (Goods & Services Tax I think it's called). That's 5%. So for me here in Ottawa, on some things I pay 5% in GST, some others I pay just 8% PST, and on others still there's GST and PST together (totalling 13%). And to complicate matters further, some places don't add any of the taxes for whatever reason... the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario - the booze shop) for one, I think includes all the taxes in the base prices. I don't know which taxes they even charge. lol

If you head out to the Maritime provinces such as Nova Scotia, GST and PST are combined to form HST (harmonized sales tax) which is 13%. It's because the provinces couldn't be arsed to collect their own provincial taxes, or something like that.

Basically, taxes range from around 5% up to around 15% or so... depending on the product and the province. :doh:

Hmm, interesting.

And what about inheritance and exise taxation policies?

'this morning' on itv arrrrrrrrrrrggggghhh, 'this boring' more like.

the worst thing is when they have somebody on that has had their whole family murdered or something which is obviosuly very sad.

but the presenters put on that really deep, quiet and over the top sympathetic voice on and then at the end of the interview its always the same....

'well, thank you for coming in its been a pleasure to talk to you............................COMPETTITION TIME NOW AND A CHANCE tO WIN 10 GRAND WAHHHEEEYYYY' lol

how disrespectful... :giggle:

and

JADE GOODY. i hated her anyway but as soon as i found out about her illness i said i hoped she gets better, even if somebody is really annoying, cancer is not something you should joke about.

HOWEVER, she has official lost all sympathy and respect from me since selling her "recovery" story iN the magazines.

I knew she would do it and this is appauling, shes essientially making money from a deadly illness.

There are many people out there with different types of cancer and they are all as important as her so what gives her the right to demand sympathy and then go and get paid to so how bad she feels when theres people and families that have been suffering and going unnoticed.

SHOCKING

JADE GOODY. i hated her anyway but as soon as i found out about her illness i said i hoped she gets better, even if somebody is really annoying, cancer is not something you should joke about.

HOWEVER, she has official lost all sympathy and respect from me since selling her "recovery" story iN the magazines.

She has cancer?

Really?

ep1.jpg

I knew she would do it and this is appauling, shes essientially making money from a deadly illness.

There are many people out there with different types of cancer and they are all as important as her so what gives her the right to demand sympathy and then go and get paid to so how bad she feels when theres people and families that have been suffering and going unnoticed.

SHOCKING

Are you sure she's not selling the story and giving the money to Cancer charities? If not then that is pretty bad.

Being in bed and not being able to magic up a cup of coffee or some toast - that is really grinding my gears at this moment.

I have to get up.

Which bastards are to blame for this state of affairs?

Bastards.

You could just blame me....mrs singh seems to blame me for everything these days, stupid cow!!!!