Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who sit in meetings all day everyday, literally doing nothing.

meeting about a meeting,I was forever in meetings in an old job with work just piling on my desk meaning,working until about 7 everyday.

I've been with my current job about 11 years and I can honestly say me and my boss have had one proper meeting in that time of which he said" sod this lets go for a curry" after an hour.

People who work opposite each other but rather than tell them a simple bit of information.E mail the fooking thing.

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

People who work opposite each other but rather than tell them a simple bit of information.E mail the fooking thing.

Nah you need the audit trail for when they turn around and say you never told them so it looks like your fault something's not been done

Blame culture rather than have the balls to own up.

This.  My colleagues are always telling me to keep a CYA (cover your arse) folder but I don't have the enthusiasm to be that petty so I've never bothered.  If you always own up to your mistakes people tend to believe you when you tell them something wasn't relayed to you anyway in my experience.  That said if someone gives me petty treatment I usually find the energy to respond in kind.  :whistle:

Edited by Carl the Llama

When you've planned a dinner/event/date night. And the wife spends the day telling you she is tired. Which means she will basically be grumpy all night, and you'll have to leave the dinner/event/date early.

When she organises something, you're expected to be happy and smiley and enjoy it.

When you've planned a dinner/event/date night. And the wife spends the day telling you she is tired. Which means she will basically be grumpy all night, and you'll have to leave the dinner/event/date early.

When she organises something, you're expected to be happy and smiley and enjoy it.

planning a "Date night" and wondering why the Mrs will be grumpy!
  • Like 1

You'd still better have the time of your life though. If you're even slightly deflated by her grumpy attitude, it'll all quickly turn on you!

• Like 1

Tell her not to bother going or when she's hinting at leaving early tell her to go on her own and you're staying.

My girlfriend got steaming a few years ago on New Year's Eve she asked if we could go home as it was ten past 1 in the morning, when really she was that drunk it was ten past 11. I rang the taxi company who I always use put her in a taxi and stayed out with my friends.

Give her a dose of helium. Will sound less growly.

Tell her not to bother going or when she's hinting at leaving early tell her to go on her own and you're staying.

My girlfriend got steaming a few years ago on New Year's Eve she asked if we could go home as it was ten past 1 in the morning, when really she was that drunk it was ten past 11. I rang the taxi company who I always use put her in a taxi and stayed out with my friends.

I've come out by myself.

Pretty bored already.

planning a "Date night" and wondering why the Mrs will be grumpy!

The carnage the next day will be worse than a curry night.

People who post lists on social media describing how 90's kids grew up, in an attempt to mock the new generation for it's 'cotton wool' nature and how they had to build dens for fun rather than play on Facebook. All whilst using social media.

People who post things on social media saying "little jimmy was innocently taking the rubbish out but what happens next will astonish you"

People who post lists on social media and say "number 4 is particular relevant" and then it's not relevant or just shit.

Basically I fvcking hate Facebook for any other purpose then messaging a mate or perving on your attractive mates photos.

• Like 2

When a website you go on is supposed to show you a list of top 10 ways ____ or something like that and it's never all on one page for you to read so you have to click on the arrows for ages to find what you wanted. Always seems to load so slowly. Pretty sure it's so they get more page hits for the advertising money.

• Like 3

Take no chances, buy her a Big Mac and a Mcflurry.

When a website you go on is supposed to show you a list of top 10 ways ____ or something like that and it's never all on one page for you to read so you have to click on the arrows for ages to find what you wanted. Always seems to load so slowly. Pretty sure it's so they get more page hits for the advertising money.

Have to agree with this.