Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Peppers are a bit of a waste of space in most dishes (never called them bell peppers before, but yeah those ones, chillis and jalapeños are fair game). They taste like water and are an arsehole to prepare with all the white stuff and seeds. They bring nothing to the pizza table, but they're more acceptable than sweetcorn on a pizza.

Some of you may remember a few weeks back i posted a picture of my mums Mercedes that caught on fire randomly on her driveway. Well the latest news on that is that Mercedes collected the car and have done an investigation and concluded that the car DIDNT suffer a mechanical fault and it is not their problem.

Absolutely f****** laughable.

We have given Mercedes the chance to resolve this and they have failed miserably so now my mum is getting in touch with her solicitor. No way should my mum have to pay for the damage when the car caught fire on its own whilst she slept.

Shame on you Mercedes.

To refresh memories as it was in the How was your day thread i posted about this.

Mums car.jpg

Edited by kingcarr21

Some of you may remember a few weeks back i posted a picture of my mums Mercedes that caught on fire randomly on her driveway. Well the latest news on that is that Mercedes collected the car and have done an investigation and concluded that the car DIDNT suffer a mechanical fault and it is not their problem.

We have given Mercedes the chance to resolve this and they have failed miserably so now my mum is getting in touch with her solicitor. No way should my mum have to pay for the damage when the car caught fire on its own whilst she slept.

Shame on you Mercedes.

To refresh memories as it was in the How was your day thread i posted about this.

Mums car.jpg

You need to get your own expert to check the cause of the fire, don't let Mercedes destroy any evidence.

• Like 1

That's appalling, what are they saying caused it then?

I havent spoke to my mum in detail yet but Mercedes are claiming that it isnt a mechanical fault. Therefore i assume they are saying that its Arson.

Its a new House in Glenfield Park (the new builds) and my mums neighbour has CCTV which shows the car going up in flames on its own with nobody anywhere near the car when it happened. The fireman on the night said there was nothing to suggest it was Arson either.

Ive told my mum she needs to go to the fire station and get the report that says in writing that Arson wasnt the cause of this.

You need to get your own expert to check the cause of the fire, don't let Mercedes destroy any evidence.

The fireman said on the night it was an electrical fault. Ive told my mum to get the report.

Shame on you Mercedes.

Mums car.jpg

Needs to be going in the Cvnts thread as well!

Sorry to hear that.

Edited by cambridgefox

I'm sure I remember AOWW mentioning she used to work for Mercedes. Maybe she can shed light on what they will have done while they had the car?

Appalling stuff though. Agree you should get an official fire report and a copy of the footage, and a solicitor.

Shame on you Mercedes.

Mums car.jpg

I remember seeing that on Facebook or Twitter and thinking it was a wind up. Thats shithouse behaviour from Mercedes. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

I remember seeing that on Facebook or Twitter and thinking it was a wind up. Thats shithouse behaviour from Mercedes. 

No windup i can assure you. That would be my brother that posted it as he got in contact with Mercedes through facebook aswel as on the phone. It was shared in many countries through work colleagues and family from all over the place so im not surprised you saw it.

Horse shit. 

Most people with dogs pick it up when they take them for walks. Why not people with horses. I have to travel through country lanes to get to work and there is horse shit everywhere on the roads. If these people want to travel on public roads surely they should be responsible enough to clean up after them, if not stick to the fields. Why should I have to constantly clean my wheels because of these idiots? I pay road tax do they?

Horse shit. 

Most people with dogs pick it up when they take them for walks. Why not people with horses. I have to travel through country lanes to get to work and there is horse shit everywhere on the roads. If these people want to travel on public roads surely they should be responsible enough to clean up after them, if not stick to the fields. Why should I have to constantly clean my wheels because of these idiots? I pay road tax do they?

You pay vehicle excise duty not road tax but I agree on the point about horse shit, I run along the GCW regularly and it is covered in piles of shit (some of them are on the horses)

Horse shit.

The idle rich have been shitting on us for centuries.

I havent spoke to my mum in detail yet but Mercedes are claiming that it isnt a mechanical fault. Therefore i assume they are saying that its Arson.

Its a new House in Glenfield Park (the new builds) and my mums neighbour has CCTV which shows the car going up in flames on its own with nobody anywhere near the car when it happened. The fireman on the night said there was nothing to suggest it was Arson either.

Ive told my mum she needs to go to the fire station and get the report that says in writing that Arson wasnt the cause of this.

The fireman said on the night it was an electrical fault. Ive told my mum to get the report.

Call the fire service and request the fire report, it'll cost about £60 to get but it'll be invaluable and is the only way they'll give you something official.

Animal abusers.

Saw a Facebook post on spotted Syston today that someone has chopped off a horses ear, broke two of its legs and slashed it numerous times. What kind of sick **** does this?

Have seen various people offering cash sums for a name over who did it and I would gladly pay money to punish the person responsible. Absolute sick ****. A horse is defenceless and one of natures beautiful creatures why would you want to do that?

Angers me so much

Edited by SystonFox
  • Like 3

Animal abusers.

Saw a Facebook post on spotted Syston today that someone has chopped off a horses ear, broke two of its legs and slashed it numerous times. What kind of sick **** does this?

Have seen various people offering cash sums for a name over who did it and I would gladly pay money to punish the person responsible. Absolute sick ****. A horse is defenceless and one of natures beautiful creatures why would you want to do that?

Angers me so much

Yeah I saw that earlier, made me feel sick.

I agree about horse shit.

All shit is bad, but is there anything worse than cat shit?  Most dog owners are responsible enough to get it up & dispose of it.  Cat owners don't seem to give a toss.

I've a customer in Countesthorpe & all the local cats are using her garden as a toilet.  She doesn't have a cat herself, but does have grandchildren that like to play in the garden.  She can't let the kids out when there's cat shit all over the lawn.......some clearly visible & some not so.  She's in her late 80's & can't get it up herself.  I go once a week, so it's up to me to get up what I can.  Considering the smell of cat food, I'm not surprised at the pure evil that comes out the other end.

If anyone saw a dog owner let their dog out, run onto a park or someone else's property, shit everywhere & not bother about getting it up - it would get reported.

Animal abusers.

Angers me so much

I can only think that they have some kind of mental illness, because how could a sane person do such a thing?