Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Why do I need a different lead interface/adaptor/charger thingy for every piece of technology that I own.

Why doesn't the EU make a sensible rule like that and stop worrying about the shape of my bananas.

I have a bowl for my fruit, I don't have an elaborate cable tidy charger facility room built on to the back my house.

Why do I need a different lead interface/adaptor/charger thingy for every piece of technology that I own.

Why doesn't the EU make a sensible rule like that and stop worrying about the shape of my bananas.

I have a bowl for my fruit, I don't have an elaborate cable tidy charger facility room built on to the back my house.

The EU tried to legislate that all phones use the same connectors and apple basically ignored them, things will get worse since a new micro usb connector is rolling out.

Selling my car, how many ****wits have rang me is like foxestalkSelling my car, how many ****wits have rang me is like forestalk

What's more annoying is you've put in the advert what colour the car is, the mileage, engine size, etc and they ring up and ask, "what colour/mileage/engine is it?" and then they say they aren't interested based on the colour (or mileage, engine size...)

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

What's more annoying is you've put in the advert what colour the car is, the mileage, engine size, etc and they ring up and ask, "what colour/mileage/engine is it?" and then they say they aren't interested based on the colour (or mileage, engine size...)

God knows how many people rang me, and start haggling on price without even had a look at it. Some chancers, who want the car for basically nothing.

I had a woman rang me, asking me to drop the price, giving me a son story about hard times. Times can't be that hard if you be £5k to spend on a car.

I'm losing faith in mankind

When adults say "x more sleeps until..." and it is even worse when companies use it on their social media.

Agree with this, would +1 if I wasnt on my phone. Try to avoid social media around Christmas for this reason.

On that note - adults with no kids/nieces/nephew who are a bit too into Christmas.

• Like 1

When adults say "x more sleeps until..." and it is even worse when companies use it on their social media.

My wife has an app which tells her how many sleeps until we go on holiday. She sends me a picture everyday.

Obviously cause i cant work out for myself that if it was 40 days to go yesterday then it must be 39 days to go today.

• Like 2

The EU tried to legislate that all phones use the same connectors and apple basically ignored them, things will get worse since a new micro usb connector is rolling out.

By the time the EU politicians agree on their "standard", it will probably be years out of date and tech companies will have come up with something more efficient, smaller and lighter. Innovation in banana curvature is slightly less rapid.

By the time the EU politicians agree on their "standard", it will probably be years out of date and tech companies will have come up with something more efficient, smaller and lighter. Innovation in banana curvature is slightly less rapid.

They agreed fairly quickly to use the current micro USB standard, pity that one major industry standout killed the whole programme but Apple makes plenty of cash from licensing lightning connectors and doesn't care that a unified standard would cut the need for so many periferals

They agreed fairly quickly to use the current micro USB standard, pity that one major industry standout killed the whole programme but Apple makes plenty of cash from licensing lightning connectors and doesn't care that a unified standard would cut the need for so many periferals

I don't think Apple gives a shit about the tiny amount of cash it gains from licensing peripherals.  I do think the care about have a standard connector across all devises, and that micro USB is not powerful enough to charge ipads in an acceptable time.  Apple work in a world were everthing works together, so they are not even slightly interested in adhering to standards.  To be  fair they have been quick enough to move technology when needed - eg Mac to intel processors, so I think it is strange to think they would keep their own cable for the hell of it.

I think if you really think apple don't care about what extra profit they get from having their own bespoke chargers you're a massive ****ing idiot.

I know you're not a massive ****ing idiot, Jon, you just don't want to admit how much of a dirty, greedy, repulsive bunch of money grabbing ultra capitalist shits apple are because you're a fanboy.

(That said, you're a raving capitalist apologist so I've no idea why it bothers you, probably because you've a shred of humanity in there somewhere, however well hidden. I know you're a great big softy liberal when it comes to gender issues.)

I think if you really think apple don't care about what extra profit they get from having their own bespoke chargers you're a massive ****ing idiot.

I know you're not a massive ****ing idiot, Jon, you just don't want to admit how much of a dirty, greedy, repulsive bunch of money grabbing ultra capitalist shits apple are because you're a fanboy.

(That said, you're a raving capitalist apologist so I've no idea why it bothers you, probably because you've a shred of humanity in there somewhere, however well hidden. I know you're a great big softy liberal when it comes to gender issues.)

Honestly, you get a cable with the phone, and then you buy other ones for £3 off Amazon.  You think Apple are making money from those Chinese rip offs?

Apple believe in the whole product ecosystem, and they have no interest in tolerating shite when they can get away with making their own product better - they know people will pay for it don't they?