Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Honestly, you get a cable with the phone, and then you buy other ones for £3 off Amazon. You think Apple are making money from those Chinese rip offs?

Apple believe in the whole product ecosystem, and they have no interest in tolerating shite when they can get away with making their own product better - they know people will pay for it don't they?

Nobody profits from Chinese knock off except Chinese knock off merchants but you can buy a dodgy Asian copy of more or less any bit of electrical goods, apple or not.

Apple will make a tidy profit off people buying their own bespoke accessories and licensed alternatives. It might be a slip compared to what they make selling ipads or iwatches (what an unbelievably ridiculous con they are) but it's profit.

Everything they do is about profit, it all adds up at the end of the day, doesn't it?

If you think they can't invest in producing a charger that's microusb compatible that charges an ipad you're naive or gullible (and again, I really don't think you are.) It just makes more business sense to produce their own bespoke goods because it's not a big enough inconvenience that it'll stop their cult of followers buying their shit.

This is the company that would literally reinvent the wheel and make it out of cheap white plastic if they thought enough morons would pay three hundred quid for an iwheel for their shit little folding bicycles.

(Looking at you, Marsh.)

Edited by Finnegan

I don't think Apple gives a shit about the tiny amount of cash it gains from licensing peripherals.  I do think the care about have a standard connector across all devises, and that micro USB is not powerful enough to charge ipads in an acceptable time.  Apple work in a world were everthing works together, so they are not even slightly interested in adhering to standards.  To be  fair they have been quick enough to move technology when needed - eg Mac to intel processors, so I think it is strange to think they would keep their own cable for the hell of it.

Micro USB would add 10% to an ipad charge time, it's used on all Android and Windows tablets.  The excuse was a fudge so that they could keep their own connectors business, Apple sweats every penny.

• Like 1

Why is Finners so angry at App...

Hold on, my apple watch has just buzzed me.

I don't give a **** what phone or watch or laptop people choose to use.

I'm just fed up of being preached to by gullible nobheads who have gobbled up every piece of toss apple have fed them and now feel inclined to tell me about it.

Not everyone with an iPhone is the same, granted, I'm not that bigoted.

But there's definitely a correlation between the number of Apple products owned and how big a w@nker an individual is.

• Like 1

Was strolling through town this morning on my break and was just coming past the clock tower towards Mcdonalds at the time the floor was quite slippy as it was pissing it down and the next minute this guy on a racing bike comes bombing down towards me goes to turn and BOOM goes sliding across the path and then I had to dodge the on coming bike that was coming to me at speed, it did actually hit my leg but managed to jump over it without being took out in the process.

What a **** though bombing through town like he was in the tour de France.

If it was an older person or a child then it could have been pretty serious. muppet

Edited by whoareyaaa

There seems to be an epidemic spreading at the moment - certainly amongst my family, friends & colleagues. Instead of just saying 'No' once, it has to be: 'No, No.....No No No No....No......No'. Just once is enough FFS.

My father-in-law holds the record atm with 8 'NOs'. Now I'm hearing folk at work starting to do it too! Arghhhhhh!!!

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

There seems to be an epidemic spreading at the moment - certainly amongst my family, friends & colleagues. Instead of just saying 'No' once, it has to be: 'No, No.....No No No No....No......No'. Just once is enough FFS.

My father-in-law holds the record atm with 8 'NOs'. Now I'm hearing folk at work starting to do it too! Arghhhhhh!!!

Are you hanging around with Jim from The Vicar of Dibley?

• Like 1

By the time the day comes, it goes very quickly.

It comes and goes at roughly the same speed as any other day in my experience lol

Christmas is terrible though, teaching young children the art of consumerism, moulding them into good little gluttonous capitalists.

In my family a gift is something you do, not something you buy for someone else, and the kids are involved, they have to make something for me and the wife, typically a cake.

Edited by Frank to be
  • Like 1

No idea what you posted but if it's about christmas while it's still sep-****ing-tember, it deserved to be deleted.

lol

In fairness all I said was that adults with no kids who were too into Xmas grind my gears, which was loosely linked to Merging Culture's point on adults/corproates 'x sleeps until y' grinding his fears, which was also deleted for some reason.