Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The Unmumsy Mum.

Raised a small smile when I read the Ruth post on Facebook but its not this amazingly funny post a lot of people seem to think it is. Classic example of how filling something full with expletives and the caps lock stuck does not always make it funny.

True but I don't think it's really the same thing. I would love it if someone wrote a note in the book saying "3 out of 5 stars. Fairly enjoyable but somewhat predictable. Harry comes across as something of a loser and I can't relate to that." Then maybe go on to recommend something else

I'd rather they go around putting the twists in the front - just open the sixth on and it just says Dumbleton dies, copies of planet of the apes saying "turns out it's earth".

Things anyone not living under a rock should know of course, not obscure murder mystery books with the killers identity on the first page

I'd rather they go around putting the twists in the front - just open the sixth on and it just says Dumbleton dies, copies of planet of the apes saying "turns out it's earth".

Things anyone not living under a rock should know of course, not obscure murder mystery books with the killers identity on the first page

Hmm. Dumbledore actually dies at the end of the fifth book (HP And The Half-Blood Prince), as anyone not living under a rock should know..

Sorry, Doc, couldn't resist it. :D

Hmm. Dumbledore actually dies at the end of the fifth book (HP And The Half-Blood Prince), as anyone not living under a rock should know..

Sorry, Doc, couldn't resist it. :D

Yeah, but I wasn't talking about dumbledore, I (or rather auto correct) was talking about Dumbleton, who dies at some point, presumably.

I think I have said this before, but the term 'pre-planned'. The radio (LBC) are using it at the moment to talk about some police activity that happened in the UK.

To plan an activity, you have to do the planning before the action is carried out. Otherwise you are doing an unplanned activity. There is no need to say 'pre'.

I think I have said this before, but the term 'pre-planned'. The radio (LBC) are using it at the moment to talk about some police activity that happened in the UK.

To plan an activity, you have to do the planning before the action is carried out. Otherwise you are doing an unplanned activity. There is no need to say 'pre'.

A glaring tautology, indeed.

One for kingcarr!

93143621.jpg?width=500

"Selfie spoons"

I do not have any problems with a selfie in certain circumstances (at a landmark etc) but this? I despair. 

What the actual FVCK is this sh1t?! A register should be taken of the people dickwheels that buy them, then rounded up and catapulted as far in to the sea as possible!

Edited by Darkon84

People who share their own "Facebook memories" - often was bad enough seeing it the first time without reminding us again of what you said or did on this day two years ago.

People who share their own "Facebook memories" - often was bad enough seeing it the first time without reminding us again of what you said or did on this day two years ago.

Indeed. We seem to have become a society where opinion and belief have been substituted for an endless regurgitation of 'memories' and 'events'.

Or maybe I'm just a cynical grumpy cvnt.