Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Thanks for the correction. I knew it looked wrong.

I'm not nearly kind enough to make a simple correction - what you see there is a rather brilliant if I do say so myself play on words:

"C'est la vie" is what you meant.  "Se" in French is the 3rd person reflexive pronoun so I wrote out the infinitive form of a common verb which uses it - "se laver", to wash oneself - and replaced the se with c'est, inverting the error in your post.  Fufufufu.

I'm not nearly kind enough to make a simple correction - what you see there is a rather brilliant if I do say so myself play on words:

"C'est la vie" is what you meant.  "Se" in French is the 3rd person reflexive pronoun so I wrote out the infinitive form of a common verb which uses it - "se laver", to wash oneself - and replaced the se with c'est, inverting the error in your post.  Fufufufu.

Yes that never clicked. Pretty sure 'lava' is also Spanish and 'lavatory' must come from the french or latin word. So translates as washroom. I used 'C'est la vie as a titke for one of my haikus so it was just lazy of me to not correct it.

Very clever play on words btw.

The worst things on Facebook are the bullshit random pictures with background "stories". 

Screen-Shot-2013-08-15-at-9.49.01-PM.png

This man quit his job to give a homeless elephant biscuits every day because no-one else would. We need more people like this. 

And no mention of the poor bastard behind the elephant, who gave up his job so he could collect and recycle elephant biscuit dung. Thereby saving the elephant..and the world!

Also, is that the worlds longest elephant, or is he a person of small stature?

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

And no mention of the poor bastard behind the elephant, who gave up his job so he could collect and recycle elephant biscuit dung. Thereby saving the elephant..and the world!

You obviously didn't see the photo taken a few seconds later?

The bloke behind was from a local indigenous pygmy tribe. He mischievously pulled the elephant's tail and the biscuit man at the front was crushed by the elephant's trunk. Horrible mess. 

Saudi Arabia. Philistines building concrete and glass monstrosities in the desert, compensating for an obvious inferiority complex by destroying the culture of their neighbours, either directly in Yemen or indirectly as in Syria. Utter cvnts.

"Dougal, this elephant is close up... that man is faaaarrr awayyyy"

• Like 1