Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Not intentionally, no, as didn't realise the law had actually started.

It's been all over the news for the past few days, and the self service tills actually tell you to pay for them. They ask you how many bags you've used, at least the ones in Tesco did. To have not paid on the ones I used you'd have had to ignore about 3 different warnings.

i asked for a spare bag cos i bought more shopping than i planned an the bird looked and spoke to me like i'd just stabbed her mum in the face. 

nice 5p bag tho extra strong probs have paid 5p so the c unt of a free bag didnt break as soon as i put anything in it 

Anarchy in the UK.

It's correct politics gone mad, or something.

It's only because c***ing idiots kept moaning because there would be a queue of 10 people, whilst completely ignoring the fact the queue moved really quickly.

Wilko's must be one of my top 5 places in the world so you can see why it's important to me

It's been all over the news for the past few days, and the self service tills actually tell you to pay for them. They ask you how many bags you've used, at least the ones in Tesco did. To have not paid on the ones I used you'd have had to ignore about 3 different warnings.

Exactly. Pretty disgraceful that imo wymswo

Wilko's decision to ditch the single queue checkout system.

Furious

Try going B&M instead. They've got all manner of bargains and homeshit like Wilkos, but they do discount alcohol and American import sweets and cereal too for half the price you'd find anywhere else here. I love a little trip round B&M

Try going B&M instead. They've got all manner of bargains and homeshit like Wilkos, but they do discount alcohol and American import sweets and cereal too for half the price you'd find anywhere else here. I love a little trip round B&M

I know they do Wispa and Yorkie biscuits as someone at work brought some back from there. Discount alcohol? Deal sealed

A Shop Assistant (those who watch on whilst you're using the self-service machines) moaning as I forgot to pay for the amount of plastic bags I used.

Sorry, didn't know it was compulsory until now.

The Londis shop in Anstey aren't charging for bags (yet)... in your face Cameron

In summary:

Explain-these-bad-grades.jpg

Seriously though, that's pretty shit. It's the main reason I'm not sure about going into teaching - while it'd be quite rewarding, and I'm the sort of person that they want to go into teaching (with a masters in chemistry there's a 20k bursary on offer for me if I go on to do a PGCE due to the severe lack of chemistry teachers in the uk), the idea of being hounded by parents who can't accept that their dear little timmy might just be a bit of a twat or not very bright is incredibly unappealing.

• Like 1

Certain parents of schoolchildren.

As the husband of a primary school teacher, i get it in the ear on a regular basis about the shit that's cracking off at her work. Much of this involves the insane behaviour of the foul children. Unfortunately, the parents are often just as bad.

The worst are the stay at home mums who have **** all to do all day, so fill their time by inventing problems with their child's school and then bitching about it with the other fat idiot mothers.

And, now, they use Facebook as a forum to semi-publicly air their insane and poisonous views.

None of these moronic wastes of space are able to comprehend that their disgusting offspring is capable of doing anything wrong. Any issues that the child encounters are immediately blamed on other kids, the teachers, the government - anybody except their darling child.

These unfit mothers - many of whom can't even be arsed to teach their feral kids to speak or use the toilet before they reach school age - are unable to handle their own small pack of kids.

Meanwhile, the schoolteacher has to try and teach 30 of the little shits whilst trying to stop them sexually assualting each other.

Despite this, to the gossiping **** of a mother, the teacher is the enemy.

Bile is spurted on Facebook about how bad a job they are doing and how they should be bollocked and physically assualted as punishment.

Never does it occur to them that their dreadful child might actually be a) a bit thick, b) a habitual liar and c) a horrible little ****er.

Apologies to all you decent parents who read this, i needed to vent my frustration about these awful ****s who have the audacity to behave in the way they do when my wife and other teachers work bloody hard for the best outcomes for these kids, most of whom will genuinely amount to **** all anyway - and, guess what, it ain't their teachers' fault.

Rannnnnnnt of the day award goes to.... lol.

My wife is a primary school teacher as well here in canada and believe me the same sort of bollocks happens here. Always so easy to blame the teacher. Everyone who has a degree these days think they know how to do a teachers job which is so not the case. I can just about handle my two kids, i have no idea how my wife handles 25 to 30 4/5 year olds all day. The stories i hear are shocking. Parents have no idea.

Parents are by far the worst. I have no problem with a parent questioning but they never seem to own up when their kids are just quite frankly in the wrong. Most teachers are normal hard working people that actually care more about your kids progression then you do. At least all the ones I know are.

In summary:

Explain-these-bad-grades.jpg

Seriously though, that's pretty shit. It's the main reason I'm not sure about going into teaching - while it'd be quite rewarding, and I'm the sort of person that they want to go into teaching (with a masters in chemistry there's a 20k bursary on offer for me if I go on to do a PGCE due to the severe lack of chemistry teachers in the uk), the idea of being hounded by parents who can't accept that their dear little timmy might just be a bit of a twat or not very bright is incredibly unappealing.

I want to go into teaching as well . I have helped out at the school for over a year now and yes there are parents like he said , but on the flip side you have others that are lovely. 

In all it is very rewarding job even if its not for the parents but the little ones make you so proud at times  .