Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Certain parents of schoolchildren.

As the husband of a primary school teacher, i get it in the ear on a regular basis about the shit that's cracking off at her work. Much of this involves the insane behaviour of the foul children. Unfortunately, the parents are often just as bad.

The worst are the stay at home mums who have **** all to do all day, so fill their time by inventing problems with their child's school and then bitching about it with the other fat idiot mothers.

And, now, they use Facebook as a forum to semi-publicly air their insane and poisonous views.

None of these moronic wastes of space are able to comprehend that their disgusting offspring is capable of doing anything wrong. Any issues that the child encounters are immediately blamed on other kids, the teachers, the government - anybody except their darling child.

These unfit mothers - many of whom can't even be arsed to teach their feral kids to speak or use the toilet before they reach school age - are unable to handle their own small pack of kids.

Meanwhile, the schoolteacher has to try and teach 30 of the little shits whilst trying to stop them sexually assualting each other.

Despite this, to the gossiping **** of a mother, the teacher is the enemy.

Bile is spurted on Facebook about how bad a job they are doing and how they should be bollocked and physically assualted as punishment.

Never does it occur to them that their dreadful child might actually be a) a bit thick, b) a habitual liar and c) a horrible little ****er.

Apologies to all you decent parents who read this, i needed to vent my frustration about these awful ****s who have the audacity to behave in the way they do when my wife and other teachers work bloody hard for the best outcomes for these kids, most of whom will genuinely amount to **** all anyway - and, guess what, it ain't their teachers' fault.

Am Primary School Teacher. Can confirm all these things.

Parents evening next week.

Don't go into teaching.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

Guest MattP

It's an awful thing to say but pupils should be a little afraid of their teachers, that balance between respect and discipline should work for both sides, why we've been so intent on changing something in the last twenty years that seemed to work fine for generations I have no idea. When I speak to kids these days they have absolutely no respect for their teachers so it's hardly surprising to see the parents act the same.

I don't think I would ever have dared come home to my parents and slag off a teacher, I can imagine it's pretty common with children now.

Add that to the whole "blame someone else" and "it's not my fault it's the government/doctors/pills im on/bipolar etc" culture we have and you'll end up with this.

I wonder if they have the same problems in private schools with regards to this, I would doubt it.

Edited by MattP

In private schools if the parents all band together the teacher will get the sack. Money wins. But they also can pick and chose who they want at the school provided their is demand. With private schooling you can get the rich who dont pay attention to their kids education and just dump them there. Im sure there are many who do care but you will find twat and non twat parents/students in both systems.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

It's an awful thing to say but pupils should be a little afraid of their teachers, that balance between respect and discipline should work for both sides, why we've been so intent on changing something in the last twenty years that seemed to work fine for generations I have no idea. When I speak to kids these days they have absolutely no respect for their teachers so it's hardly surprising to see the parents act the same.

I don't think I would ever have dared come home to my parents and slag off a teacher, I can imagine it's pretty common with children now.

Add that to the whole "blame someone else" and "it's not my fault it's the government/doctors/pills im on/bipolar etc" culture we have and you'll end up with this.

I wonder if they have the same problems in private schools with regards to this, I would doubt it.

To be fair some of the old groups like the Bullingdon Club (I know it's university but it's generally made up of ex-public school boys) definitely have some darker traditions that would show disrespect to authority, trashing restaurants/venues etc., so I'd put it down more to a generational thing. Personally I think that although it's a mixed bag and there is still and social and economical challenge for a fair few, there's a lot less to fight for as previous generations had (anti-racism, miner strikes, gay/lesbian right etc.) society is a lot fairer nowadays and the best way to vent the typical teenage angst is to be a little scruff in general.

Then there's this extremely agitated milennial 'anti racism anti sexism anti everything that campaign' that while it has a good idea at heart has been taken over by angry middle/upper class teens to just want to be pissed off by something and therefore push the boundaries of PC to it's absolute limit. In that way it's those more likely to have a easy life trying to start fires where there needn't be one, like smashing up a cereal shop. A fvcking cereal shop, joining the all-women anti-men anti-establishment societies which does more damage than good. In fact on Twitter a couple of people keep retweeting this girl, all of which you need to know is that her bio she wrote is 'grumpy goth feminist', from Kent.

Basically, condensing my point is that this generation is like none other but with very little in terms of social injustice to confront than the previous generations. When there's less to fight for you're more likely to fit against the direct authority, the government, just to be seen as the archetypal 'rebellious youth' you expect the newest generation to be. Except now due to expansion of the social ladder and social networking, the middle class and landed posh are more likely to join in too.

About time we got some better teachers really

Are you as nasty to people face to face as you are here, hiding behind your screen?

I doubt it because you come a cross as a coward with a big mouth when you can't be got at.

If you are then you you deserve every smack in the gob you get.

Troll.    

• Like 2

Are you as nasty to people face to face as you are here, hiding behind your screen?

I doubt it because you come a cross as a coward with a big mouth when you can't be got at.

If you are then you you deserve every smack in the gob you get.

Troll.    

So you know he's not being serious?  I thought it was one of the funnier Moose posts personally. lol

" and "it's not my fault it's the government/doctors/pills im on/bipolar etc" culture we have and you'll end up with this.

My daughter suffers from bipolar disorder and took a serious overdose (60 paracetamol) 3 days ago and has been in hospital as a result. She has no control over the lows she gets.

It's definitely NOT a culture

It's a shame someone with your intelligemnce would stoop to a low comment about mental illness.

It's highly unlikely someone with a mental illness like bipolar disorder would make it as far as a private school.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

So you know he's not being serious?  I thought it was one of the funnier Moose posts personally. lol

You obviously have read other posts from him and his "humour" is definitely not innocent or gentle. He is nasty and vindictive to almost everyone on here with the exception of those who share his vitriol and his unpleasant attitude.

• Like 1

You obviously have read other posts from him and his "humour" is definitely not innocent or gentle. He is nasty and vindictive to almost everyone on here with the exception of those who share his vitriol and his unpleasant attitude.

Which is why I was surprised when he made such a funny comment blatantly playing to type.

In private schools if the parents all band together the teacher will get the sack. Money wins. But they also can pick and chose who they want at the school provided their is demand. With private schooling you can get the rich who dont pay attention to their kids education and just dump them there. Im sure there are many who do care but you will find twat and non twat parents/students in both systems.

I can only speak from my experience when I was at school, but not one single parent who I knew was like that or treated their kids with such worthlessness. If there was a problem with a student/teacher, the parents were called in and it would be discussed with the teacher of that particular subject, along with their tutor etc. Of course there were disagreements, but at the end of the day, mutual ground was always met, as that's what matters. You resolve things like adults and you learn from an early age that's how to do it. There was no 'banding up to get teachers sacked because money matters', or 'the rich who don't pay attention to their kids education'. That's such a throwaway comment, it could be flipped on it's head to say at council estate schools the kids just get dumped there and forgotten about because their parents are too busy down the pub all day etc. I'm sure there will be a tiny minority each way, but it's wrong to make such a generalisation.

Edited by Darkon84

My daughter suffers from bipolar disorder and took a serious overdose (60 paracetamol) 3 days ago and has been in hospital as a result. She has no control over the lows she gets.

It's a shame someone with your intelligemnce would stoop to a low comment about mental illness.

It's highly unlikely someone with a mental illness like bipolar disorder would make it as far as a private school.

I am sure you  know  this information already but this is for those that  do not. I know people that have bipolar and they  need several drugs to control it. It is not always apparent that they have the condition. It is one of the  many hidden illnesses that non-medically  trained assessors are  not familiar with at places like ATOS.  

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinfo/problems/bipolardisorder/bipolardisorder.aspx

Guest MattP

Apologies, first of all I hope your daughter is OK.

My comment was intended to be a throwaway line about how people will blame anything for any sort of behaviour in this day and age, often to the detriment of genuine victims of the cases I mentioned, certainly didn't intend to mock people who suffer from a genuine illness. Probably for a new thread but we really need to look at why so many people have bipolar now, did they always?

I don't think it's unlikely someone with bipolar would get into Eton, according to some research the vast majority aren't even dianosed until they are adults and Churchill, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Napoleon, Kennedy and Hamilton were all considered it.

My GF is a nurse and has claimed I'm bipolar for years....

I have to say I don't understand your criticism here at all. I merely said we need better teachers which is something a lot of people in education actually agree with. I've said before that teachers should be paid more to attract better quality and we shouldn't be employing kids fresh out of school to teach, it should be seen as a prestigious position that attracts people with real life experience that they can then pass on to their students.

For me that's quite a liberal, positive message so I can't even grasp why you've responded to it with any negativity, never mind such an aggressive personal attack.

I'll probably be banned again for responding amicably to your criticism or else banned because you've posted multiple times about me and I'll get the blame for derailing the thread, so I'll see you in a few months folks lol

Edited by MooseBreath

Guest MattP

I don't think anyone doubts we need better teachers, most of the ones I know aren't actually very bright at all and I even know an English teacher whose Facebook posts are always illiterate.

Mine were appalling from memory aside from 2/3 and I was at a decent school. I do agree with Moose that its a job we should be looking to attract the best and brightest as we did 50 years ago.

Edited by MattP

I have to say I don't understand your criticism here at all. I merely said we need better teachers which is something a lot of people in education actually agree with. I've said before that teachers should be paid more to attract better quality and we shouldn't be employing kids fresh out of school to teach, it should be seen as a prestigious position that attracts people with real life experience that they can then pass on to their students.

For me that's quite a liberal, positive message so I can't even grasp why you've responded to it with any negativity, never mind such an aggressive personal attack.

I'll probably be banned again for responding amicably to your criticism, so I'll see you in a few months folks lol

Amusing enough reply, but you know exactly what I'm getting at.

I don't necessarily disagree that some teachers aren't all that in tha same way that some paramedics or office workers or call handlers or any other job you care to mention.

I was commenting on your attitude and the nastiness in the majority of your responses to those you have a gripe with or who's views don't match your own. Often just in general you are (or come across as) unpleasant and your sarcasm has a nasty edge to it. That said, some of your posts have a degree of intelligence. It's a shame you let yourself down in other responses.

I have been on the recieving end of some extremely personal and nasty comments from you about my family of whom you know nothing so had no right to say what you did and you deservedly got sanctioned.

I have no doubt you will again.

Apologies, first of all I hope your daughter is OK.

My comment was intended to be a throwaway line about how people will blame anything for any sort of behaviour in this day and age, often to the detriment of genuine victims of the cases I mentioned, certainly didn't intend to mock people who suffer from a genuine illness. Probably for a new thread but we really need to look at why so many people have bipolar now, did they always?

I don't think it's unlikely someone with bipolar would get into Eton, according to some research the vast majority aren't even dianosed until they are adults and Churchill, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Napoleon, Kennedy and Hamilton were all considered it.

My GF is a nurse and has claimed I'm bipolar for years....

Thanks... :thumbup:

Bipolar isn't the same as a split personality... :P

I don't think anyone doubts we need better teachers, most of the ones I know aren't actually very bright at all and I even know an English teacher whose Facebook posts are always illiterate.

Mine were appalling from memory aside from 2/3 and I was at a decent school. I do agree with Moose that its a job we should be looking to attract the best and brightest as we did 50 years ago.

I still recall and tell stories about some of the people at University who were doing teaching courses. The level of stupidity was incredible, and if those are the kinds of people who are going on to teach the children of the nation, I fear for the future. For fvcks sake, one of them genuinely thought the moon and the sun were the same thing! How is it possible to get in to adulthood thinking that?!

Amusing enough reply, but you know exactly what I'm getting at.

I don't necessarily disagree that some teachers aren't all that in tha same way that some paramedics or office workers or call handlers or any other job you care to mention.

I was commenting on your attitude and the nastiness in the majority of your responses to those you have a gripe with or who's views don't match your own. Often just in general you are (or come across as) unpleasant and your sarcasm has a nasty edge to it. That said, some of your posts have a degree of intelligence. It's a shame you let yourself down in other responses.

I have been on the recieving end of some extremely personal and nasty comments from you about my family of whom you know nothing so had no right to say what you did and you deservedly got sanctioned.

I have no doubt you will again.

I take it you've not been in the Liverpool thread in the Gen Sports section to see Grandad telling people to die then lol

EDIT: PS. Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope all is well.

Edited by Darkon84

A) people who gave up their seat for a child on a bus/train and B) parents who have a toddler taking up a full seat on a rammed train/bus when they could easily sit on the parent's lap.

Not wanting to sound old fashioned or anything but when did the rules change? If I was ever on a bus with a seat and it started to get busier then my mum or dad were fairly quick to make me give up my seat for an adult.