Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Companies that hide behind their one-sided terms and conditions.

For instance, CPP renewed my policy without my consent (while I was on holiday). I never received the notification of renewal and I cannot get the money back, I can only cancel the 3-year-policy now, but I would not get any of the money back. Seems bloody fair.

Also, when the policy started 3 years ago, they had charged me £70 instead of the expected £55. I had meant not to renew with them because of that, but I guess I had no choice!!! :angry:

This company that sold me several fitness videos that, they insist, all work perfectly because they passed their quality testing. Well, one of them is defective, it does not play in the actual sense of the word. It kind of occasionally makes some noise, jumps, hardly has any video output and what you can see is not helpful. However, it has passed their quality testing, therefore I am wrong :angry: . I can send it back, at my own expense, and they will replace it if they feel like it. Nice!

Companies that give you 24 hours to inspect all the merchandise, even if it is 24 DVDs. If you report any problems later, tough! :angry:

Edited by cisono

Companies that give you 24 hours to inspect all the merchandise, even if it is 24 DVDs. If you report any problems later, tough! :angry:

Who on Earth needs 24 exercise DVDs?

Personally, having spent a stack of time dealing with dim people putting DVDs & CDs on or near radiators, I have a lot of sympathy with companies not willingly exchanging disks. People are generally idiots and I don't see why anyone else should constantly clean up their mess. I'm sure you are a very clever disk owner and have not done any of the aforementioned, just making a point about the frequent level of disk abuse.

Companies that hide behind their one-sided terms and conditions.

For instance, CPP renewed my policy without my consent (while I was on holiday). I never received the notification of renewal and I cannot get the money back, I can only cancel the 3-year-policy now, but I would not get any of the money back. Seems bloody fair.

Also, when the policy started 3 years ago, they had charged me £70 instead of the expected £55. I had meant not to renew with them because of that, but I guess I had no choice!!! :angry:

Had you instructed them to lapse the cover?

If you are dealing with a company like that direct and simply do not offer instructions, unless stated otherwise, standard practice is to renew the policy to protect your interests.

I personally prefer to lapse if no instructions received, where I'm dealing with brokers, but when dealing direct, you'd be surprised how often people 'forget' to renew, but don't want a gap in cover.

You have a right to 28 days from policy renewal to NTU the case and get your money back - it your cooling off period.

Had you instructed them to lapse the cover?

If you are dealing with a company like that direct and simply do not offer instructions, unless stated otherwise, standard practice is to renew the policy to protect your interests.

I personally prefer to lapse if no instructions received, where I'm dealing with brokers, but when dealing direct, you'd be surprised how often people 'forget' to renew, but don't want a gap in cover.

You have a right to 28 days from policy renewal to NTU the case and get your money back - it your cooling off period.

I contacted them within 28 days of the policy renewal (though they took the money two weeks before the renewal date, basically the day after I went on holiday - again, not that fair!) and they just said they would not be able to give me the money back. :angry:

I am about to write a complaint, if you could help with the wording, that would be great. :unsure:

People who park where they are not supposed to, or for that fact, even allowed to park. They are lazy, ignorant, selfish tossers who should have heart attacks.

For the record, if my driveway was partially obstructed by such an inconsiderate wankstain, who is parked where it isn't allowed, and due to the conditions I hit them, they are in fact liable, not me. I really do wish I didn't love my car so much, otherwise I would have had so much fun. :devil: