Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

youre not meant to have it cos youre a fan of it you have it cos it's christmas and its traditional (not like cauliflower) 

Blasphemy - Cauliflower cheese is beautiful. 

Things like Turducken should be done away with though - stuffing animals with other animals should be reserved for cautionary tales about old ladies swallowing flies.

Blasphemy - Cauliflower cheese is beautiful.

Things like Turducken should be done away with though - stuffing animals with other animals should be reserved for cautionary tales about old ladies swallowing flies.

I noticed that 3 bird roasts are now outdone by 5 bird roasts.

It's the same kind of inflation which did for the Gillette Mach III.

I dont like turkey its too dry ☺. nah just prefer chicken over it.

Seeing as im mixed race a lot of the time we end up cooking curry chicken/lamb/goat with roti and rice instead.

But love me some roast chicken, potatoes, carrots, yorkshire pudding and other veges and gravy :)

I dont mind switching xmas chicken/turkey meal for lamb chops and mint sauce though.

Does anyone actually like turkey?

I'd much rather have 2 chickens. Turkey is all stringy and shit, and tastes like diluted chicken and it's pricier by weight. Get 2 chickens and pigs in blankets, that's meat covered.

I'm intrigued by Finnaldo's suggestion of lamb. The missus wants Christmas dinner at ours this year (usually it's with mine or hers family), and I'd be in charge of cooking. Lamb might make a surprise appearance, I love it.

I dont like turkey its too dry ☺. nah just prefer chicken over it.

Seeing as im mixed race a lot of the time we end up cooking curry chicken/lamb/goat with roti and rice instead.

But love me some roast chicken, potatoes, carrots, yorkshire pudding and other veges and gravy :)

I dont mind switching xmas chicken/turkey meal for lamb chops and mint sauce though.

The more I read your posts, the more the pieces fall together. You are Drake.

Turkey and Beef are the boss on Xmas Day along with all the trimmings.

Honestly don't know why putting fruit on your meat ever caught on, do the masses have no self respect? That's why it's two separate courses in your meal. If we were supposed to lash apples and cranberries over our meats bisto would've invented it in instant form by now.

Nowt wrong with dry turkey either, slap copious amounts of gravy on it and you wouldn't know the difference.

Worst part of Xmas day is having nothing to do cause the TV content is shocking and people you spend it with don't have the same tastes as you!

Edited by Footballwipe

Cranberry sauce is one of the best bits.

Does everyone have sausage meat with the turkey? A bit of sausage meat plus a bit of Turkey plus a bit of Cranberry all lightly dipped in gravy is probably the best thing about Christmas.

i have sausages in bacon they're nice

Edited by DB11

Cranberry sauce is one of the best bits.

Does everyone have sausage meat with the turkey? A bit of sausage meat plus a bit of Turkey plus a bit of Cranberry all lightly dipped in gravy is probably the best thing about Christmas.

I'll have the sausage meat, as well as pigs in blankets. I swear my mum wants to finish me off the amount of food she serves for lunch.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34555821

So, how do we like the UK becoming a scientific backwater regarding this most crucial development of energy tech? Future evidently isn't worth investing in.

And this probably isn't the only STEM area where the UK is falling behind.

We aren't really falling behind though, we have continually been at the forefront of renewables and encouraging the use of low carbon technology. What has happened, unfortunately, is that with schemes such as the RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive), the government has offered far too much financial incentive which has caused a huge overspend in the area of renewables. Other schemes over the last few years have been poorly structured and clashed, such as Part L regulations and the Code for Sustainable Homes (which has been rightly scrapped now) which has also led to overspend in the areas. I'm confident we will be back on track again soon, we just need to take a step back, re-evaluate a couple of things and formulate a new plan to move forward again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34555821

So, how do we like the UK becoming a scientific backwater regarding this most crucial development of energy tech? Future evidently isn't worth investing in.

And this probably isn't the only STEM area where the UK is falling behind.

You could argue that cutting subsidies, also known as money for nothing, will force companies operating in those areas to think more about efficiency and quality of their products. It may well speed up the development process.

We aren't really falling behind though, we have continually been at the forefront of renewables and encouraging the use of low carbon technology. What has happened, unfortunately, is that with schemes such as the RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive), the government has offered far too much financial incentive which has caused a huge overspend in the area of renewables. Other schemes over the last few years have been poorly structured and clashed, such as Part L regulations and the Code for Sustainable Homes (which has been rightly scrapped now) which has also led to overspend in the areas. I'm confident we will be back on track again soon, we just need to take a step back, re-evaluate a couple of things and formulate a new plan to move forward again.

Fair enough - if there's areas where there's waste then that needs to be dealt with, but this smacks too much of kicking the can down the road because it's easier and cheaper to rely on nonrenewables for now (hence the tax breaks for North Sea oil and gas that aren't being given up). I hope that you're right and I'm wrong about that, though.

You could argue that cutting subsidies, also known as money for nothing, will force companies operating in those areas to think more about efficiency and quality of their products. It may well speed up the development process.

These companies need investment and other areas need incentives to get them to choose renewable energy sources, looking at a long term solution. If it were down to pure market forces, fossil fuels would continue to dominate the market pretty much for the foreseeable future (in the UK at least) and in the long term that's not a good thing.

Fair enough - if there's areas where there's waste then that needs to be dealt with, but this smacks too much of kicking the can down the road because it's easier and cheaper to rely on nonrenewables for now (hence the tax breaks for North Sea oil and gas that aren't being given up). I hope that you're right and I'm wrong about that, though.

These companies need investment and other areas need incentives to get them to choose renewable energy sources, looking at a long term solution. If it were down to pure market forces, fossil fuels would continue to dominate the market pretty much for the foreseeable future (in the UK at least) and in the long term that's not a good thing.

I don't agree. Development is quick enough so that subsidies shouldn't be required. Look at Germany, who wasted shed loads of money on tin pot renewable that are already falling apart when they should have waited for the technology to be able to meet the demand by itself. Development isn't just going to stop because subsidies have been withdrawn, these are multi-billion pound markets just waiting to be tapped into.

I don't agree. Development is quick enough so that subsidies shouldn't be required. Look at Germany, who wasted shed loads of money on tin pot renewable that are already falling apart when they should have waited for the technology to be able to meet the demand by itself. Development isn't just going to stop because subsidies have been withdrawn, these are multi-billion pound markets just waiting to be tapped into.

I hope that you're right. I fear that the oil and gas lobby are too strong, though, and that the status quo will persist without those incentives. In this current climate, the focus seems to be more on doing things as cheaply as possible rather than looking for further solutions in the longer term. Why risk money on a multi-billion market in the future when one exists to tap into much more easily (with a good dollop of help from various governments) today?

I can see why you would think that, but I'm confident that there will be restructuring within the governments renewables sector and there will be another push forward in a year. Things just need to settle and be re-evaluated for now. I hope so anyway or my work load will dry up! lol

• Like 1