Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

"Day of the Dead' sounds terrific.

I know I'm being a boring old fart but I really don't get the idea of dressing up like zombies etc and hitting the town, it just looks plain weird.

At the age of most people on here, I think it is weird. Can understand the attractions of zombie outfits and bags full of sweets for kids, though.

Oh definitely, it's the excitement some adults get for it that baffles me.

One person on my feed said they had spent ten hours preparing, that's not my idea of a good Saturday.

"Day of the Dead' sounds terrific.

I know I'm being a boring old fart but I really don't get the idea of dressing up like zombies etc and hitting the town, it just looks plain weird.

I am same i hate Halloween. I see kids running round knocking on doors round here with no parental supervision.

My kids understand why they are not allowed and they don't miss out on sweets as we make sure they have loads to choose from and normally buy a film or something for them.x

I am same i hate Halloween. I see kids running round knocking on doors round here with no parental supervision.

My kids understand why they are not allowed and they don't miss out on sweets as we make sure they have loads to choose from and normally buy a film or something for them.x

Why are your kids not allowed to trick or treat?

Just out of interest like.

Why are your kids not allowed to trick or treat?

Just out of interest like.

I hate it , i see it as begging and annoying to people. 

Plus also the safety issues etc i don't trust people and will do my best to protect my kids til the day i die.x

I hate it , i see it as begging and annoying to people. 

Plus also the safety issues etc i don't trust people and will do my best to protect my kids til the day i die.x

Well that's quite sad, that you don't trust people and you think you're protecting your kids by stopping them interacting with new people. I'm not sure how old they are but they're going to live a very sheltered life if you never let them live it. There's probably as many dodgy people around now as there was in the 60's you just hear about it more now with 24 hour news and social media. Child murder and paedophilia didn't just start in the late 90's.

Anyway most people I know who have little kids walk round with them and stand back from the door whilst the children knock.

Well that's quite sad, that you don't trust people and you think you're protecting your kids by stopping them interacting with new people. I'm not sure how old they are but they're going to live a very sheltered life if you never let them live it. There's probably as many dodgy people around now as there was in the 60's you just hear about it more now with 24 hour news and social media. Child murder and paedophilia didn't just start in the late 90's.

Anyway most people I know who have little kids walk round with them and stand back from the door whilst the children knock.

Not sad and they don't live a sheltered life they do loads , and go to loads off friends houses etc. but at least i am not one these parents that let their kids roam the street getting into trouble or not knowing where they are half the day.

I was never allowed to do it either and i have lived a good life so far , even had my own pub and all my kids are good at interacting with everyone.

Yes maybe sad i don't trust people but i have reasons not to at end day though.

Anyone ever said "trick" by the way?

I did once. The kids just looked bemused and walked off stunned that I hadn't given them anything. I went to bed feeling quite proud of myself only to wake the next morning to four flat car tyres. B@stards

• Like 1

Those on benefits abusing the system by having loads of kids.

About to watch Benefits: 26 Kids and Counting, I bet some of them have got iPhones, gamestations etc.

add me on gamestation wymesy, I'm wookie97 on there

Repeatedly seeing how Sonny Bill Williams gave his Rugby World Cup medal to some kid.

1 - Nice gesture by Sonny Bill.

2 - The security guard was a bit OTT but he was only doing his job. I've seen the security guard branded 'scum' whilst Boris Johnson gets called a legend for doing the same thing in an event in Japan...

3 - Kid was pitch invader, just like the kid who got a selfie with Federer at the French Open earlier this year I believe. I just hope in this age of social media and 'one-upping' others that it wont become the norm...

4 - The story gets boring after the first 100 times of seeing it...