Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Objectivists.

Life isn't a series of dualities, you fvcking morons, and it's an arrogant, inferior-minded insult to the rich and varied nature of the universe to suggest that it is so.

Could you dumb that down a bit for us inferior minds? I don't know what you're talking about.

Could you dumb that down a bit for us inferior minds? I don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry Webbo, that was written after emerging from a long Internet argument that I probably should have never got involved with in the first place. Apparently their particular view on healthcare is the objective truth, rather than purely subjective opinion. I (and We) are Right, everyone else is Wrong. Duality. No room for any compromise.

But instead of doing the sensible thing of blocking and ignoring the plank, I decided to get involved and then after a long and probably pointless argument bitch and moan about it on here...after all, that's what this thread is for (and based on how LCFC are doing at any one time that can well be the entire site).

Seriously...the Universe is magnificently, gloriously complex. I don't get why people try to reduce it to simple black-or-white areas.

Dude, the "toffee onion" pic. "Genius"? Really???

It has been posted on forums, social media and "funny pics" sites annually at the end of October since just after the internet started.

In fact I think Tim Berners-Lee may have had on his mind a sneaky method of tricking those pesky kids when he started the whole caboodle.

Did you just log your PC on to your AOL dial-up connection to see if anyone has posted any new and amusing pictures since you last logged on during Blair's first term?

It's the only way you could have missed the Toffee Onion pics every year.

Sheesh.

And the worst thing is, despite the annual parade of people posting stuff like "LOL. Must try that", no one in their right mind has ever done the Toffee Onion thing for real.

It's FAR too much trouble to go to.

Any kid you offered it to would look at you in bemusement and wonder where the fun sized Mars bars are.

You would stand a good chance of getting a flat nose from an annoyed neighbour whose kid you just fed onion to, and rumours would spread about you and your weird attitude to kids, resulting in the word "BEAST" being graffiti'd onto your door in five foot high letters.

Eventually, officers from Operation Yewtree would remove all your tech in evidence bags.

So no. I disagree. It's not "genius".

[Gears unground]

lol, cool story. 

Sorry Webbo, that was written after emerging from a long Internet argument that I probably should have never got involved with in the first place. Apparently their particular view on healthcare is the objective truth, rather than purely subjective opinion. I (and We) are Right, everyone else is Wrong. Duality. No room for any compromise.

But instead of doing the sensible thing of blocking and ignoring the plank, I decided to get involved and then after a long and probably pointless argument bitch and moan about it on here...after all, that's what this thread is for (and based on how LCFC are doing at any one time that can well be the entire site).

Seriously...the Universe is magnificently, gloriously complex. I don't get why people try to reduce it to simple black-or-white areas.

Sometimes that's actually the case though - when people disagree the answer isn't necessarily in the middle somewhere. People can be, and regularly are, completely wrong.

I also assumed you'd be moaning about objectivism as in the philosophy espoused by Ayn Rand instead.

Sometimes that's actually the case though - when people disagree the answer isn't necessarily in the middle somewhere. People can be, and regularly are, completely wrong.

I also assumed you'd be moaning about objectivism as in the philosophy espoused by Ayn Rand instead.

I agree, but that tends to be more of a thing within the "hard" sciences that can be empirically verified. Outside of that truth is often pretty subjective.

And yes, Objectivism as a whole annoys me because one of its tenets is that idea of absolute, objective black and white truth in a variety of circumstances when it's actually it bit more complicated than that. Amongst other things. Rand was a very dangerous woman.

Shit day so thought i'd get a curry from just eat and paid without realising i got the delivery address completely wrong. Been trying to get through to the curry house for about 30 mins and it keeps saying user busy **** OFF. Just hope they got my message which i put on just eat.

Shit day so thought i'd get a curry from just eat and paid without realising i got the delivery address completely wrong. Been trying to get through to the curry house for about 30 mins and it keeps saying user busy **** OFF. Just hope they got my message which i put on just eat.

How do you get your address wrong? lol

That girl power Virgin Media advert where a mum shows her daughter a Youtube propaganda playlist of famous ladies singing and playing football. Completely neglects showing her any videos of men doing the same things but better, which is a shame.

Yeah, that is awful.

Not us awful as the "This Girl Can" posters in the bogs at the King Power. What do they mean? Why are they placed above the urinals?