Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

B2FpdMd.jpg

Someone on Facebook selling shit homemade gift hampers for £19. **** right off.

Soundest, most ethical enterprise since my teenage brother and his mate decided to make a buck by taking recyclable bottles stored in a shed behind the pub in the front door of that pub to get the money back.

They were caught and bollocked, naturally.

Why would this grind your gears, though? It made me smile. Unless they're advertising the hampers as containing foie gras and Bollinger, you'd have to be a nutter to order something like this, knowing or not knowing the contents.

I'd have a good laugh at my own stupidity if I did. Might even order one of these for someone as a joke.....or maybe not!

Edited by Alf Bentley

My missus had her double discount week last week as she works at Asda. 20% off most things, including up to £200 of booze. I wonder if the bloke doing these hampers has had something similar?

Quite entrepreneurial really. Good luck to him.

I can see Adidas bodycare items (all of them stink I find) two glass bottles of coke, Matlesers and KP Nuts in a wrapping paper covered show box.

£19

Are you joking

£19?

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Anyone who parts with £19 for that heap may as well set the rest of their money on fire.

EDIT:

Having to give money for a birthday whip around for the MD of the company who's probably on 10 times what I am. 

Absolutely this

Edited by Footballwipe

It is shit but it may inspire others to do the same themselves for Xmas presents if they are short of cash. Better than going out wasting money on presents on relatives they may only see once a year and even miss paying the rent or a bill to do it.

The gift packs in shops are not much better. The packaging costs more than the contents.

Yeah I'd much rather be given a can of Lynx, some peanuts and a multipack can of Coke in a shoebox than a nice wallet

Surely if you're going that shit at Christmas, just buy socks? Socks are the staple bad gift but at least you'll use them. Lynx? Salted peanuts? Who the f*** is that aimed at?

The whole idea of a gift hamper is that it's stuff you wouldn't normally buy for yourself or might be considered a treat - expensive chocolate, chutney, face cream, that sort of stuff. Not whatever's knocking about in your cupboard (Super Noodle, chewing gum, Frisps)

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 2

The nuts for Christ's sake  lol  lol  lol

tbf you'd have you'd be a fvcking monkey to buy that for a Christmas gift hamper

Nothing says 'get fvcked' more than unwrapping a pack of KP ready salted on Christmas Day  lol

• Like 4

i bet the seller thought they had struck upon a fantastic idea that would one day make them a millionaire - next stop, dragons den!

i hope the seller doesnt turn out to be a disabled 13 year old because we're all gonna feel like dicks for taking the píss.

I don't blame the seller for trying to cash in on the Christmas £££, just the nutters who'd invest.

Had TalkSport on this morning (I know I know) and they had Peter Taylor on to talk about us. Peter f*****g Taylor of all people.

23 years ago, I had a boss named Peter Taylor. He was a snide little shit, friendly to your face but knife in your back.

After I moved on promotion to a different institution within the same organisation, he secretly wrote to my new boss alleging that I'd damaged some property at the old place (I hadn't; I'd just not told tales on someone who had).

He was (a) wrongly jealous thinking that I was shagging his glamorous assistant, whom he fancied (I wasn't, despite strenuous efforts - she was playing me for a patsy); and (b) furious that his other, non-glamorous but very nice assistant had written me a glowing (and deserved) reference for promotion while he was on holiday - I planned that as I knew Peter Backstab-Taylor himself wouldn't have done likewise.

Just thought I'd share that as it's probably a more interesting story than any you heard on TalkSport from the other Peter Taylor.  :D

• Like 4

23 years ago, I had a boss named Peter Taylor. He was a snide little shit, friendly to your face but knife in your back.

After I moved on promotion to a different institution within the same organisation, he secretly wrote to my new boss alleging that I'd damaged some property at the old place (I hadn't; I'd just not told tales on someone who had).

He was (a) wrongly jealous thinking that I was shagging his glamorous assistant, whom he fancied (I wasn't, despite strenuous efforts - she was playing me for a patsy); and (b) furious that his other, non-glamorous but very nice assistant had written me a glowing (and deserved) reference for promotion while he was on holiday - I planned that as I knew Peter Backstab-Taylor himself wouldn't have done likewise.

Just thought I'd share that as it's probably a more interesting story than any you heard on TalkSport from the other Peter Taylor.  :D

It may be a different Peter Taylor but I imagine most Peter Taylors to be pretty much the same and I think this sums them up perfectly

• Like 1

Heather selling, tarmac-ing type people who keep camping up where they shouldn't.  Especially roundabouts.  They pole up, get moved on, leave a stinking mess, pole up, get moved on, leave a stinking mess ...   etc etc etc !     And we ...   put a bit of earth in a ridge to try and stop them ?!?!?     This won't work and they are having a right laugh at our expense.    The answer to me is simple ....   what wouldn't they like ? ....   a horrible stinking mess when they are there rather than when its time to leave.      When they are all tucked up at night in their big white vans on day one, we should all sneak up and crap absolutely everywhere ....     especially just outside the van doors.    We could turn it into some sort of social event and take pics of the sh1t ...   then vote on whose turd looks best ...     we could have a burger van nearby and a stall selling drinks ....   lonely hearts could meet there ...   "I'll see you tonight at the big sh1t-off !" ....    we could even have a candle lit parade in fancy dress on the way to it ....   and even a special family night on a Friday !        

Just a thought.

Nice story Alf. I'm guessing that 23 years ago a) you weren't with Mrs B or b) if you were you're pretty confident that she would never look on here to see what you post or c) you want to be single lol

• Like 1