Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People do tend to be quite disappointing. They're so plain. Myself included. I've literally never got anything interesting to say, and rarely meet anyone who has.

The majority are stupid, I don't know how they manage to get out of bed in the morning. No concept of thought or attitude.

Who else feels like it then dragging this countries economy back on its feet while other just moan!

I realise I am morning here lol

People do tend to be quite disappointing. They're so plain. Myself included. I've literally never got anything interesting to say, and rarely meet anyone who has.

I'm kinda liking the new, improved, softer version of Moose.

Have you got a new woman in your life?

The majority are stupid, I don't know how they manage to get out of bed in the morning. No concept of thought or attitude.

Who else feels like it then dragging this countries economy back on its feet while other just moan!

I realise I am morning here lol

Irony overload.

I'm kinda liking the new, improved, softer version of Moose.

Have you got a new woman in your life?

Can't be too severe on here these days otherwise you know what happens.

However I was trying to say that everyone is a boring motherfvker, but I'd had a few beers which compelled me to write the crap about including myself in that. That was just jovial false modesty brought on by the alcohol. I'm actually much more interesting than most people, except perhaps sphericalfox. All I want for Christmas is sphericalfox to write some new blog content. Superb stuff, really.

However I was trying to say that everyone is a boring motherfvker, but I'd had a few beers which compelled me to write the crap about including myself in that. That was just jovial false modesty brought on by the alcohol. I'm actually much more interesting than most people, except perhaps sphericalfox. All I want for Christmas is sphericalfox to write some new blog content. Superb stuff, really.

Ah, normality returns.

I guess there isn't a woman, after all.

• Like 2

Aww, we got a peek behind the curtain? Let us in Moose, let us in. There's got to be more to Moose than the facade on here. There's got to be! 

Great 45mins to wrap my wife's Christmas present before she gets back. NOT long enough!

I know the cellotape is in the top drawer full of useful things. Not now! Since I sorted it 6 months ago it's full of receipts and old lottery tickets and birthday cards from months ago and a whole pile of sh*t that is not useful.

OK found it in the second drawer for some reason.

Now hold it to the light and rotate slowly fourteen times till you can see what maybe the end of the roll. Now gently at first then furiously scrape your nail in the roll to try and lift an edge.

If got a corner! pull the corner sharply so the tape splits into two halves.

Correction, repeat the above and slowly pull the tape in the hope that it comes away in one piece.

Cut tape with your teeth and wrap it round your finger till it's useless.

Repeat all the above and keep cutting with scissors until you have several strips stuck to the edge of a table.

Use the scissors to prise the stuck pieces away from the table and... SOD THIS! where is my staple gun?

Oh yeah, I put it in the top drawer of useful things.......

• Like 2

The cushions the wife keeps in storage for years and then gets pissed off at you when you let the small dog sleep on one.

Also, the fact that all the Mrs's keep many useless cushions in storage, but when they can't put something in the wardrobe cause your guitar's in there it's "you need to sell all your belongings, we don't have room for them." No we fvcking don't cause every bit of storage is rammed full of shit cushions and clothes that you've got no chance of fitting into anymore!

• Like 2

Also, the fact that all the Mrs's keep many useless cushions in storage, but when they can't put something in the wardrobe cause your guitar's in there it's "you need to sell all your belongings, we don't have room for them." No we fvcking don't cause every bit of storage is rammed full of shit cushions and clothes that you've got no chance of fitting into anymore!

Very much this.

When we moved house, I was ruthless about throwing old stuff away; the missus filled half the removal truck with stuff that even the charity shops would refuse.

The way we seem to never learn from history and it keeps repeating itself in the same old cycles.

Economic downturn...rise of nationalism based on perception that everything else has failed...remind me, what comes next in this sequence?

It's as if we're hard wired to do the same shit throughout history over and over. The idea of "those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" is rubbish - if anything, the opposite is true, those who remember it want to repeat it because it gives them a reason to hate.