Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

My sisters ex.

He hasn't got his daughter (my niece) anything for christmas becasue she didnt go and see him.  But she had good reason he barely acknowledges her at all.  When she does see him she ends up as a glorified babysitter for his new girlfriends kid. 

He's always been like this.  Me and my family practically brought his daughter up whilst her mother worked , he was never there , never played with her, never took time out of his day do what she wanted to do.  And now he's reaping what he sowed.

He probably thinks we have turned her against him (something he's said in the past) but the opposite is actually true, even after my sister split with him and he treated my sister like muck we still thought it was important for my niece to have a relationship with her dad.

Moreover my nieces grandmother (his mother) hasn't got her anything either.  The whole family are morons, I never liked them from the moment I met them, they are obsessed with material things and rather than playing with their daughter/granddaughter they would buy her stuff she didnt want thinking that was enough when all she wanted was to spend time and have some fun.

How can you not get your daughter/granddaughter anything for christmas?  She is a beautiful talented hard working girl who is a joy to be around.

I was always the first to try and help build bridges with that family but now my feeling is 'screw 'em'.  They don't deserve her.

When my sister's husband pissed off and left her with 2 little boys they ended up moving back in with My Mam and Dad and me. My dad was more of a dad to those lads than their real father,I was more like a big brother to them. He never gave my sister a penny, he's a pathetic waster whose barely worked a day in his life. The lads are in their 30s now, they have a polite relationship with their dad but don't see him a lot. They both have good jobs, their mother has a good career and has remarried now.

If your sister's ex doesn't want to know  ronnie it's his loss and your niece is better off without him.

very sad,but as Webbo said probably better off without him.With both circumstances their loss your definite gain and they will remember that.
  • Like 1

People that chitchat in line at Starbucks, then wait until prompted to approach the cashier to start reading the menu and deciding what they want. Add to that the 20 Questions game they love to play while holding the line up.

Guest Mee-9

People who drink Starbucks coffee.

Pay no taxes and it tastes like cat piss.

Drink proper coffee you shits

I can never understand people who sit in Starbucks for hours with their laptop doing work. 

People who drink Starbucks coffee.

Pay no taxes and it tastes like cat piss.

Drink proper coffee you shits

Hey now, it's cat poop coffee and Starbucks doesn't even serve Kopi Luwak. With that aside, Starbucks is not my favorite but it's the most prominent and I don't have to waste too much time finding one when I need my afternoon swift-kick-in-the-ass.

People who let their children scan the shopping at self services tills.

It's not a toy just scan your stuff, pack it and fvck off. I don't want to be hanging around waiting whilst your little brat of a kid is messing around thinking it's a fun game.

great shout. so annoying. or when the parent scans it and gets the child to pack it. and then the child does fvck all anyway.

I can never understand people who sit in Starbucks for hours with their laptop doing work. 

I don't get that either but maybe it's more of a social thing for the neckbeard-types. I spend enough time in there waiting for the manager of the one beneath my condo to stop talking about her cats to the other employees or waiting behind people who cannot make up their mind about a cup of coffee. Maybe it's better outside of a touristy city but I'll hedge my bets and take the "no, it's not."

Hey now, it's cat poop coffee and Starbucks doesn't even serve Kopi Luwak. With that aside, Starbucks is not my favorite but it's the most prominent and I don't have to waste too much time finding one when I need my afternoon swift-kick-in-the-ass.

Sorry, wasn't aimed directly at you. You just managed to highlight my hatred for that shitheap.

Supposedly grown men who have watched too many episodes of the Sopranos or Godfather films and then think they are Tony Soprano or Michael Corleone.

You little knob, you are a nobody, with no future and an inferiority complex, grow up!

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

Supposedly grown men who have watched too many episodes of the Sopranos or Godfather films and then think they are Tony Soprano or Michael Corleone.

You little knob, your a nobody, with no future and an inferiority complex, grow up!

Or even worse, grown men who have watched Wolf of Wall Street a bit too much.

• Like 1

Or even worse, grown men who have watched Wolf of Wall Street a bit too much.

This. I hate that as a female they approach my friends and I thinking they're Leonardo freaking Dicaprio in that movie. Maybe it's just me, but I don't start relations out with people by making them think I can buy them. Edited by BeerMe