Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

First visit to London, came out of St Pancreas was a little lost and saw a traffic cop. Asked him for directions to the reply "Do I look Like fooking tourist Information".

Welcome to London.

Should have asked Mary Poppins or one those delightful Beefeater chaps that usually stand on every street corner.

To market trader on Oxford St., selling shite T-shirts: "Excuse me, do you know where Berwick Street is?"

"Yes - now **** off!"

:giggle:

Definitely something in the water. Saying that I did have a positive encounter with a London cabby. He was sound. He was a ex yid or icf firm member, can't remember which one but he was telling me stories of his visits to Leicester in the 70/80's. Said our firm was pretty good at the time not that I endorse that, he had obviously grown up now but made the ride thoroughly entertaining.

Getting a new shaver delivered to the office, realise it's partially charged, then stupidly shave half of face before said charge runs out.

I've no-one but myself to blame

Unfortunately, me too. Especially when you are about to go out and you have nothing else to use but an old razor which hasn't been used for a while.

Unfortunately, me too. Especially when you are about to go out and you have nothing else to use but an old razor which hasn't been used for a while.

Why anyone would even try to use a razor I've no idea. I need to buy a new blade for them about every 3 days.

I'm going to have to wrap my scarf round my face on the way home - either that or stand side on to everyone that walks past

The fact that everytime you drop a scrabble piece, 99.999999999 % of the time, it manages to bounce its tiny little square-ass in the direction of the gap underneath the settee.

Even though you know it's made it there, you still wave your hand on the floor thinking it will be around somewhere. But eventually, you have to lie on the floor and squeeze your hand through the tiny little gap to prise it back into the light.

I wrote way too much to explain this...

Mockneys- like yourself and Alex?

I think he meant the proper ones :thumbup:

Plastic Cockneys! Peterborough is full of them :angry:

the only poeples i've found ruder that londoners, are the folk of district NK

:giggle: Goodness me, had a flash back to Saturday then and abusing Alex with 'In your North Kesteven slums...' oops sorry Alex but I was rather drunk as you may have noticed...

Parent teachers meetings. What's the point of making appointments ? We were supposed to be seen at 7 and didn't get in till half past. <_<

Could be something to do with the fact that most parents seem to think they can roll up whenever they feel like it - thus completely stuffing up any appointments system in place. I'm sure you're the exception to the rule. Most teachers find the situation equally frustrating. :glare:

Could be something to do with the fact that most parents seem to think they can roll up whenever they feel like it - thus completely stuffing up any appointments system in place. I'm sure you're the exception to the rule. Most teachers find the situation equally frustrating. :glare:

Are you a teacher :)?