Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

That Roisin Conaty who's on 8oo10c countdown a fair bit. Not funny at all. she's either genuinely annoyingly thick or like one of those people who acts properly stupid because they think it's funny.

She must be putting it on, she plays the stupid card every episode for laughs

I feel sorry for kids going school on a Saturday.

It was the norm here up until a few years ago.

But I'm not talking about Saturday in particular - it happens every weekday.

As soon as the first hint of ice or snow is on the cards, parents can't count on a little bit of self-responisbility anymore these days.

It's rather shocking how much young kids miss by being that forcefully protected and observed each day.

It was the norm here up until a few years ago.

But I'm not talking about Saturday in particular - it happens every weekday.

As soon as the first hint of ice or snow is on the cards, parents can't count on a little bit of self-responisbility anymore these days.

It's rather shocking how much young kids miss by being that forcefully protected and observed each day.

what do they miss?

Mild social anxiety.

Was at my girlfriend's mate's 30th last night in a busy enough bar, was about 40 odd people out for her birthday. I only knew the birthday girl and her other half and everyone else seemed to know each other so as usual I subconsciously drunk really fast to get over any nerves.

Chatted to a few people there and happy enough to do so although had a lot of small talk conversations that I couldnt be bothered having. Then towards the end of the night for no reason I just got a real sense of paranoia and a desperation to leave. Its not the first time its happened either.

Bit annoying and frustrating particularly as I'm generally a pretty laid back guy and all the paranoia is gone this morning. More annoying is that I dont want the other half to have to worry about how I am when we are both in that social situations like that.

Mild social anxiety.

Was at my girlfriend's mate's 30th last night in a busy enough bar, was about 40 odd people out for her birthday. I only knew the birthday girl and her other half and everyone else seemed to know each other so as usual I subconsciously drunk really fast to get over any nerves.

Chatted to a few people there and happy enough to do so although had a lot of small talk conversations that I couldnt be bothered having. Then towards the end of the night for no reason I just got a real sense of paranoia and a desperation to leave. Its not the first time its happened either.

Bit annoying and frustrating particularly as I'm generally a pretty laid back guy and all the paranoia is gone this morning. More annoying is that I dont want the other half to have to worry about how I am when we are both in that social situations like that.

We all get a bit like that sometimes.

Mild social anxiety.

Pretty normal really. I used to attend a lot of events with a previous job and I felt exactly as you have described on quite a few occasions. I've not had it for some time though.

Supposed to be meeting a girl this afternoon / evening and woke up with a seriously dicky tummy.

I had the very same issue once or twice. Best thing to do is make sure you get it out of the way before the date. Just not on the couch. Never on the couch.

Edited by sphericalfox

The next available doctor's appointment I can have is in 3 weeks' time, due to lack of staff.

Quite ridiculous, can't my local GP surgery get temporary staff in?

I'm sure if they had the funding then they would.

But this is the age of belt-tightening for everyone, apparently.