Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It's been like that for the last 10-15 years. Spending on the NHS has increased.

Then you wonder what's going on. Has our population really increased so much that the resultant increase in patient numbers and bureaucracy has outstripped spending? Or is there another reason?

Then you wonder what's going on. Has our population really increased so much that the resultant increase in patient numbers and bureaucracy has outstripped spending? Or is there another reason?

Without wanting to be too partisan, a lot of it is down to the last Labour govt. First the GP contract they negotiated meant GPs had a massive pay increase for less work and also they forced surgeries to have a certain amount of appointments available on the day, which although we'll meaning means you have to be on the phone the second they open , good luck not getting an engaged tone, and you can't book an appointment in advanced.

Without wanting to look dumb, what do you mean?

I believe it means "end sarcasm", in a type of programming language.

I was being very sarcastic to a guy today, and he just didn't get it. Even though it was really obvious. And then his sister joined in thinking I was being serious. I think they are quite slow though.

I rarely have a problem getting a GP's appointment, and there is an on-call doctor for when I can't. Also, my surgery has an on-line booking service, where one can choose which dr to see, and when.

Postcode lottery?

I believe it means "end sarcasm", in a type of programming language.

I was being very sarcastic to a guy today, and he just didn't get it. Even though it was really obvious. And then his sister joined in thinking I was being serious. I think they are quite slow though.

Google Kruger-Dunning effect, MC.

I've had a day off and waited in all day so a charity sho could pick up some furniture from my mother's house. I got fed up with waiting so I've just rang them up. They just went to the house and there was nobody in. I asked them why they didn't ring me and they said they don't do that so I asked why they asked for my phone number and they said just in case the van broke down. They reckon I should have been there and waited from 9-2, nobody told me that. Is it beyond them to ring me up? Thick cvnts.

Edited by Webbo

I've had a day off and waited in all day so a charity sho could pick up some furniture from my mother's house. I got fed up with waiting so I've just rang them up. They just went to the house and there was nobody in. I asked them why they didn't ring me and they said they don't do that so I asked why they asked for my phone number and they said just in case the van broke down. They reckon I should have been there and waited from 9-2, nobody told me that. Is it beyond them to ring me up? Thick cvnts.

Is that 'Mind'?

I've found them useless in the past.

Smash it up. Teach them a lesson!

Long day at work today, mostly because my productivity is fùcking zilch at the minute, due to shitty sleeping issues. This year is absolute bollox.

What's the issue with sleep mate? Are sleeping pills an option?

Long day at work today, mostly because my productivity is fùcking zilch at the minute, due to shitty sleeping issues. This year is absolute bollox.

Tell Mrs Strokes to calm it down a bit - you're not twenty any more.. :D

What's the issue with sleep mate? Are sleeping pills an option?

No mate, it's just stress and anxiety down to some family stuff. I really should just have a few days off and sort things out properly but I can't seem to do it. I took Friday off but was on call Thursday night and was basically working from 5.30 am Thursday until 5.30 am Friday, then dealing with my family issues all weekend and I haven't caught up.

I'm not even sure why I put it in this thread, I thought I was in the how was your day thread.

No mate, it's just stress and anxiety down to some family stuff. I really should just have a few days off and sort things out properly but I can't seem to do it. I took Friday off but was on call Thursday night and was basically working from 5.30 am Thursday until 5.30 am Friday, then dealing with my family issues all weekend and I haven't caught up.

I'm not even sure why I put it in this thread, I thought I was in the how was your day thread.

No worries mate - this stuff is also 'grinding your gears' so it fits here perfectly.

You must be knackered by the sound of it? What with the work and family issues, it sounds like you need a bit of 'me time' - easier said than done I know. But like you say, you know what you need to do. Hope you get things sorted fella...

• Like 1