Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Found out from my Mum today that on Tuesday her best friend told her that she was going to buy my nephew some Manchester United pyjamas for Christmas/Birthday (he was born Christmas Day), because it's wrong that we're choosing Leicester for him, and he might at later date pick a different team (possible as my sister lives in Huddersfield, so he may choose his local team)

Firstly, all his closet football supporting relatives support Leicester, so if he's going be donning any club merchandise at this early age, it's bound to Leicester.

Secondly, I'm not sure being put in a Leicester baby grow at six weeks is really going to have much influence on his future football following.

And thirdly, surely if by buying him Leicester stuff we're choosing his team even at this age, then isn't she doing the same by getting Manchester United gear? If it's not my sisters decision to make, it's certainly not my mums friends, she not even ****ing related to the kid! I would never in my wildest dreams think of buying someone else's child Leicester stuff unless I was asked to.

Found out from my Mum today that on Tuesday her best friend told her that she was going to buy my nephew some Manchester United pyjamas for Christmas/Birthday (he was born Christmas Day), because it's wrong that we're choosing Leicester for him, and he might at later date pick a different team (possible as my sister lives in Huddersfield, so he may choose his local team)

Firstly, all his closet football supporting relatives support Leicester, so if he's going be donning any club merchandise at this early age, it's bound to Leicester.

Secondly, I'm not sure being put in a Leicester baby grow at six weeks is really going to have much influence on his future football following.

And thirdly, surely if by buying him Leicester stuff we're choosing his team even at this age, then isn't she doing the same by getting Manchester United gear? If it's not my sisters decision to make, it's certainly not my mums friends, she not even ****ing related to the kid! I would never in my wildest dreams think of buying someone else's child Leicester stuff unless I was asked to.

Unless she was just winding you up it's none of her business.

I had a Man U supporting nephew (on the wife's side obviously), although I had a bit of banter with his dad I'd never dream of interfering in something like that.

• Like 2

I had a Man U supporting nephew (on the wife's side obviously), although I had a bit of banter with his dad I'd never dream of interfering in something like that.

She wouldn't be winding us up. Knowing her, she wouldn't have mentioned it had it been this time last year, but because we've dared to challenge and even pass some of the big clubs this season, we're no longer just the little local team she can look down on whilst her precious team of 100 miles away were winning nearly everything in front of them.

If the lad doesn't like football, or chooses Huddersfield, I'll have no issue with that, but I see nothing wrong with relatives trying to nudge towards their own team, but only relatives.

She wouldn't be winding us up. Knowing her, she wouldn't have mentioned it had it been this time last year, but because we've dared to challenge and even pass some of the big clubs this season, we're no longer just the little local team she can look down on whilst her precious team of 100 miles away were winning nearly everything in front of them.

If the lad doesn't like football, or chooses Huddersfield, I'll have no issue with that, but I see nothing wrong with relatives trying to nudge towards their own team, but only relatives.

Stick it in with a bleach white wash at the first opportunity.

When in the Football Forum you spend ages thinking and writing a statement about the topic in hand, and the next poster says exactly the same as you in one line and says I agree with the poster above and this guy gets 2 rep points and I get nothing.

I agree with him !  ...                      (C'mon lads get m'rep points in !).

Bloody hell synchronised posting !!!

• Like 2

Sickening behaviour for a grown adult to indulge in.  You shouldn't be surprised that a glory hunter like her has no idea how to behave appropriately in matters like this though.  Was gonna say drop the shirt off in one of those charity bins but on second thoughts that's just as cruel as your mum's friend's trying to be, this time to a complete stranger's child which is arguably even worse.  

Stix has the right idea though:

Stick it in with a bleach white wash at the first opportunity.

iits something only football fans and fathers really understand

I've noticed recently that spelling on here has got a bit lose, there's less good posters that spell correct now. Them kind of mistakes happen on here all of the time. Foxestalks' grammar errors are just getting worser.

• Like 1

I think it's more serious than perhaps we realize.

Language evolves, so eventually it will become acceptable to replace have with of, in the same way that the apostrophe has largely become redundant in common use.