Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

No wonder your kids are struggling if you're giving them work 4 years too early! :D

Year 6, 10-11 year olds. Not 6 years old.

You even wrote the original post!

I think you've misunderstood (though probably because I wasn't very clear). It was two separate points. The first was an example of the Year 6 grammar tests. I then moved on to talk about the ridiculous expectations for grammar for 6-7 year olds, as there is also a Year 2 Grammar test. 

When I said...

1.  I have no idea why I have to teach 6-7 year olds what a command or statement is, or what an adverb or an expanded noun phrase is.

..... I was indeed talking about 6-7 year olds (Year 2), not Year 6's. I presumed this was what Carl was replying too, but apparently not, my bad.

Point still stands. The expectations for grammar are not age appropriate. Grammar is all very good, but it shouldn't be the focus when they are not secure in the basics at that age.

Edited by Charl91

I watched 10 seconds of the Big Bang theory, 10 seconds too many

Awful show. I think whoever wrote it watched Friends and assumed if you threw 3 men and 3 women into an apartment setting, you've got a comedy. Forgetting to make it funny was a schoolboy error.

Doesn't really 'grind my gears' as such, but sitting on the Bakerloo line at 6am this morning I felt that maybe, being one of the richest countries in the world, we could have spruced up the seats at least once in 40 years...

12744561_10156523463930092_1678138059890

Cringeworthy. I would never sit on that shite

Cringeworthy. I would never sit on that shite

Yeah.

Actually, UK public transportation as a whole, when compared to some other nations. It's like we don't have to sort out the infrastructure wholesale, and so because of that we simply don't bother and people just put up with it.

Take me out - proper on its arse

Also people with wheely bags at stations and people who sit in the aisle seats to try and put people off sitting next to them. worse than watkins

take me out an first dates ain't had anything above a 5 for like 3 series such a shame we have the undatables if you want to watch abnormal people be socially awkward, this stuff should be to watch sexy people being sexy

Doesn't really 'grind my gears' as such, but sitting on the Bakerloo line at 6am this morning I felt that maybe, being one of the richest countries in the world, we could have spruced up the seats at least once in 40 years...

Never seen the seats ever like that before.

To think sime dirty barstards sit on that then go home and sit on their sofas or bed without changing. Nastyyyyy

Oh come on. You realise you can't see bacteria? Some worn out seats could have far less disgusting organisms on than something that looks brand new.

They may look like crap but they are surprisingly comfy compared to other newer trains. Someone broke into the Bakerloo line depot a few years back and threw acid / paint stripper and whatever else they could find around the inside of a load of trains, so much so that the whole line had to be suspended for a day. Those seats have looked crap for years.

That is annoying. I can understand the odd person doing it at critical moments in a match. Birmingham's escape in 13/14 is amazing to watch on YT, but at 0-0 in the 24th minute? Watch the bloody game, you've paid enough stop thinking about your YouTube view count?

Only thing worse than that is people standing by the Thames on NYE watching the fireworks and filming the whole thing. I mean, the BBC have over a dozen cameras providing footage, HD audio and direction. No-one wants to watch your uploaded one-dimensional version with the odd person going ooooh, ahhh. Just stand there and enjoy it, when are you ever going to watch that again!?

Alot of people are so reliant on technology nowadays its unreal, its like all of a sudden we're incapable of actually remembering our memories. I can understand if its a big moment in your life with loved ones etc, but a corner at a football match? Ffs man.

• Like 1

I'm saying it again. 

The 50mph average speed check. **** off.

Just been to Barnsley (which is a 25/30 minute drive) and all the way up the M1 it's this stupid speed check. Achieves nothing. Everybody just ends up piling up at each Junction.

I'm saying it again.

The 50mph average speed check. **** off.

Just been to Barnsley (which is a 25/30 minute drive) and all the way up the M1 it's this stupid speed check. Achieves nothing. Everybody just ends up piling up at each Junction.

I drive two ways on motorways out of Leeds, to Liverpool and to Leicester. Both have at least half an hours worth of these stupid shithouse things.

when we drove to Leeds festival last year at like 1 am the m62 was empty so we just ignored them and nobody said anything, no fines or points or anything. Do they even matter?

I drive two ways on motorways out of Leeds, to Liverpool and to Leicester. Both have at least half an hours worth of these stupid shithouse things.

when we drove to Leeds festival last year at like 1 am the m62 was empty so we just ignored them and nobody said anything, no fines or points or anything. Do they even matter?

They're just taking the piss now. For every home game I have to set off an hour earlier than I used to. I swear they do it for laughs.