Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Italian wallpaper is always rolled from the bottom up. I don't know why but it's fecking annoying as it makes it awkward to cut up lengths.

If you think that is a pain in the arse you should try Italian financial regulations, VAT reclaims and audit rules.

Edited by Jon the Hat

If you think that is a pain in the arse you should try Italian financial regulations, VAT reclaims and audit rules.

Oh bugger off Jon TH ......    next you'll be telling us Italian VAT forms are always rolled from the bottom ....     zzzzzzz     :yawn:    

• Like 1

An American woman that i know is climbing Kilimanjaro for peace.

F off. She is climbing it for the experience and to promote herself in the newspapers. If she wanted to raise money for peace, she would waste thousands of dollars to climb kili.

I'm glad someone else agrees.

I worked with a woman who was trekking in Transylvania for 'charity'. The cost of the 'charity' walk was £1500, which she had to raise and then she raised another £500 on top. Don't get me wrong, raining that kind of money is impressive, but being the miserable twat I am I refused to giver her any money for her holiday.

I suggested that if she were really raining the money for a certain charity, she should have just given them the whole lot.

• Like 2

I'm glad someone else agrees.

I worked with a woman who was trekking in Transylvania for 'charity'. The cost of the 'charity' walk was £1500, which she had to raise and then she raised another £500 on top. Don't get me wrong, raining that kind of money is impressive, but being the miserable twat I am I refused to giver her any money for her holiday.

I suggested that if she were really raining the money for a certain charity, she should have just given them the whole lot.

Wtf.  That's actually disgraceful.  How does it even cost that much?  A return plane ticket to Cluj costs as little as £150 through wizz air and Romania isn't exactly an expensive place to stay if you're stopping at hotels and restaurants on the way (though if this is a charity trek you'd hope they're at least going to the effort of camping).  Should definitely be coming out of her own pocket.  How long was this trek anyway? 

Wtf. That's actually disgraceful. How does it even cost that much? A return plane ticket to Cluj costs as little as £150 through wizz air and Romania isn't exactly an expensive place to stay if you're stopping at hotels and restaurants on the way (though if this is a charity trek you'd hope they're at least going to the effort of camping). Should definitely be coming out of her own pocket. How long was this trek anyway?

Theres loads of business and people doing this sort of thing, eg bungy jumping, sky diving, raise above say £500, to cover the cost and the rest is the charities. Worse still is raising money for eye treatment camps, etc, raise £1500 plus, you get flight etc in a exotic location for 2 weeks, 1 week you spend at the camp, the rest is party party

I have enormous respect for people raising money for charity, but i have come to the conclusion that (like work for the dole) governments have just been exploiting people to avoid and reduce funding those "charities".

If the only way to make any headway against, cancer, heart disease, brain injury etc etc... is through me giving $5 to some kid jumping rope for 6 hours, then the government needs to revise its taxation strategy and sort it out.

Wtf.  That's actually disgraceful.  How does it even cost that much?  A return plane ticket to Cluj costs as little as £150 through wizz air and Romania isn't exactly an expensive place to stay if you're stopping at hotels and restaurants on the way (though if this is a charity trek you'd hope they're at least going to the effort of camping).  Should definitely be coming out of her own pocket.  How long was this trek anyway? 

Cluj has to be the dirtiest sounding place name in Europe. *

Like, I get a return ticket to Cluj every night. Free of charge.

* apart from Wankdorf.

The BBC website has an advert for the USA before it's videos. A lovely looking lady says, 'There is something special about looking with your eyes'. She is trying to say, seeing something in person is better than seeing a photo or video. But the way they have phrased it really irritates me! There would be something even more special if you could look with your feet.

I must have been having some kind of spag attack to keep typing raining instead of raising!

That's the thing, the trek was about 4 days! I can't fault her for the fund raising though, she worked really hard for it, even if 3/4 of it was wasted

I must have been having some kind of spag attack to keep typing raining instead of raising!

That's the thing, the trek was about 4 days! I can't fault her for the fund raising though, she worked really hard for it, even if 3/4 of it was wasted

4 days?! Sickening.  Even if she's using the money to pay for all her hiking gear (which I really hope isn't the case) there's still absolutely no logical reason for it to cost that much to spend 4 days in the Romanian mountains.  Dodgy little fvcker.

4 days?! Sickening.  Even if she's using the money to pay for all her hiking gear (which I really hope isn't the case) there's still absolutely no logical reason for it to cost that much to spend 4 days in the Romanian mountains.  Dodgy little fvcker.

She paid for all the equipment herself, it was the company that organised it that took the £1500. Travel, accommodation and food was all included in that.

She paid for all the equipment herself, it was the company that organised it that took the £1500. Travel, accommodation and food was all included in that.

Hmmm dodgy little company then.  Allowing £150 for plane tickets and £200 for four days of food (really should have most of that left over though at Romanian prices) that leaves £1150 to pay for accommodation and staff, let's be generous and say £30 a night for the sort of hostel hikers would stay at so £90 for 3 nights/ £120 for 4 (surely they wouldn't be staying at plush hotels). Still got over £1000 per traveller to pay staff with.  Something is very wrong here.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

I'm going to Ecuador for four weeks with Camps International and the premise of the trip was to help "some of the most deserving communities in the world" by helping to build a community centre (?) but we're "helping" to build that for two weeks of the four. The rest of the time is spent in the mountains, Quito and the Galápagos Islands, honestly, I don't really care about that because I know it's a load of bollocks - the mountain communities are only marginally better of with the help of 30+ middle class teenagers. I'm going for all the other stuff not for the moral pat on the back I can give myself.

And staggeringly the cost of the trip is £4500, most of which is probably spent on flights and paying camps international staff based in the UK

Edited by Wookie

Hmmm dodgy little company then.  Allowing £150 for plane tickets and £200 for four days of food (really should have most of that left over though at Romanian prices) that leaves £1150 to pay for accommodation and staff, let's be generous and say £30 a night for the sort of hostel hikers would stay at so £90 for 3 nights/ £120 for 4 (surely they wouldn't be staying at plush hotels). Still got over £1000 per traveller to pay staff with.  Something is very wrong here.

Someone is definitely making some serious money

The Bint that presents the Bundesliga highlights does my nut in. Blatantly doesn't have a clue about what she's talking about and just reads everything she says from the auto cue, and even does that terribly!

Oversleeping quite often recently.

Had a good 8 hour sleep, but when I wake up I just want to sleep more. For example went to bed at 22:30 until 09:00, but still feel like crap getting up feeling tired and irritable.

Oversleeping quite often recently.

Had a good 8 hour sleep, but when I wake up I just want to sleep more. For example went to bed at 22:30 until 09:00, but still feel like crap getting up feeling tired and irritable.

Same happens to me even when I sleep for about 14 hours I still wake up feeling horrible.

I do that after a few late nights. Sometimes I don't go bed until 3am. Last night it was 11pm slept till 10am.. I needed it. I often don't get up until 10. Not sure if its because I used to do nights but that was 3 or 4 years ago. I feel tired early evening then about 11 I am OK.

Edited by Rincewind

I do that after a few late nights. Sometimes I don't go bed until 3am. Last night it was 11pm slept till 10pm. I needed it. I often don't get up until 10. Not sure if its because I used to do nights but that was 3 or 4 years ago. I feel tired early evening then about 11 I am OK.

You slept for 23 hours? Who do you think you are....Rip van Rincewinkle?!

At least you got up in time for last orders....  :thumbup: