Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

My top tip only applies to the bag detached for one's own produce, not bags left for other customers. That would indeed be a trifle unhygienic.

I'm a filthy pig, but not quite that bad!

Huh, I've always covered the entire spool in phlegm before removing my bag but I can see how this would work too.

• Like 1

My top tip only applies to the bag detached for one's own produce, not bags left for other customers. That would indeed be a trifle unhygienic.

I'm a filthy pig, but not quite that bad!

lol

Firmly tongue-in-cheek, Alf.

The same place where spit belongs..

Your dismissal suddenly makes more sense, Carl.

Ha, you think they'd invest in anything as extravagant as a bag spool when you can just shove a handful of the carrier bags from the til into one of the empty veg displays?  Next you'll be saying the cheese counter should keep its contents refrigerated or that staff should be given days off on public holidays or else a day in lieu.  You clearly know nothing about running a business. :D

Ha, you think they'd invest in anything as extravagant as a bag spool when you can just shove a handful of the carrier bags from the til into one of the empty veg displays? Next you'll be saying the cheese counter should keep its contents refrigerated or that staff should be given days off on public holidays or else a day in lieu. You clearly know nothing about running a business. :D

lol

Oh, I'll not deny it was incompetent, Matt. But I doubt that there is a nationally agreed pay scale for Dr's receptionists, so she's probably not earning much more than minimum wage.

The phrase, pay peanuts, get monkeys, springs to mind.

are you saying anyone who isnt qualified enough for a well paid job is a monkey :P

When people don't put the little barrier at the end of their shopping I feel like they're violating my human rights.

Also that smug apple advert thinking they've reinvented photographs because now they move.  Some Scottish dude figured that shit out in the 1920's, come on Apple.

When people don't put the little barrier at the end of their shopping I feel like they're violating my human rights.

Also that smug apple advert thinking they've reinvented photographs because now they move.  Some Scottish dude figured that shit out in the 1920's, come on Apple.

Yeah I was thinking that. "Live photos". It's a ****ing video you arsewipes.

• Like 2

Also that smug apple advert thinking they've reinvented photographs because now they move. Some Scottish dude figured that shit out in the 1920's, come on Apple.

Shit.

I thought it was gonna be like on Harry Potter.

So disappointed. :(

someone has collected a load of dog shít in a carrier bag and threw it at my car.

its dry and looks quite old (the shít, not the car)

the bag has bounced off and is just sitting there in the road behind where the car was parked.

no one has moved it, i suppose they're hoping the bin men do it this morning (yeah right)

if it was cat shit i might understand as my cat hasnt used his tray for weeks god knows where he is laying his demons.

I put the barrier on at the start of my shopping but it's not for me to put it on at the end, there might not be anyone behind me in which case the barrier is pointless and the cashier has to move it. Whoever is joining the queue can but the barrier there

I put the barrier on at the start of my shopping but it's not for me to put it on at the end, there might not be anyone behind me in which case the barrier is pointless and the cashier has to move it. Whoever is joining the queue can but the barrier there

You ignore a key factor in this critical issue: as the cashier is in charge of the little barriers and is located beyond the customer in front, the little barrier is almost always placed closer to the customer in front.

Thus, due to your shocking selfishness, the customer behind is compelled to reach around you and across your groceries to obtain the little barrier, or to delay placing their groceries on the check-out conveyor belt, potentially leaving them flustered.

If you are registered blind, then you have an excuse. Otherwise, surely you can look behind you? This will inform you as to whether another customer is waiting and whether it would be a pointless act to put the little barrier in place.  :D

If another customer is waiting behind you, you are under a moral and social duty to put the little barrier in place.

In those circumstances, if you opt not to put the barrier in place, this does indeed constitute anti-social conduct liable to constitute a breach of Carl's human rights.

You need to be in Guantanamo Bay, wearing an orange jump-suit, in my opinion. :whistle:  

• Like 3

You ignore a key factor in this critical issue: as the cashier is in charge of the little barriers and is located beyond the customer in front, the little barrier is almost always placed closer to the customer in front.

Thus, due to your shocking selfishness, the customer behind is compelled to reach around you and across your groceries to obtain the little barrier, or to delay placing their groceries on the check-out conveyor belt, potentially leaving them flustered.

If you are registered blind, then you have an excuse. Otherwise, surely you can look behind you? This will inform you as to whether another customer is waiting and whether it would be a pointless act to put the little barrier in place. :D

If another customer is waiting behind you, you are under a moral and social duty to put the little barrier in place.

In those circumstances, if you opt not to put the barrier in place, this does indeed constitute anti-social conduct liable to constitute a breach of Carl's human rights.

You need to be in Guantanamo Bay, wearing an orange jump-suit, in my opinion. :whistle:

I see no mention of attaching electrodes to his testicles, Alf.

I never had you down as a wet liberal.

• Like 1

Receiving a letter form my 5 year old son's school advising us that following the recent height & weight measurements he is underweight. He is tall and slim and very active but because he doesn't fit into their 'average weights bracket' this apparently could be an issue and we should give them a call to discuss it (he is half a pound less than the average). They fail to take into account that he was born over two months early so has always been on the lean side.

They also fail to mention that he is 3cm taller than the average.

What purpose does this serve other than to needlessly try and worry parents?

• Like 2

Receiving a letter form my 5 year old son's school advising us that following the recent height & weight measurements he is underweight. He is tall and slim and very active but because he doesn't fit into their 'average weights bracket' this apparently could be an issue and we should give them a call to discuss it (he is half a pound less than the average). They fail to take into account that he was born over two months early so has always been on the lean side.

This is such BS. If a five year old is short and and slim obviously he is malnourished. Swear to god people have no common sense.

• Like 1

someone has collected a load of dog shít in a carrier bag and threw it at my car.

its dry and looks quite old (the shít, not the car)

the bag has bounced off and is just sitting there in the road behind where the car was parked.

no one has moved it, i suppose they're hoping the bin men do it this morning (yeah right)

if it was cat shit i might understand as my cat hasnt used his tray for weeks god knows where he is laying his demons.

I'm sorry Royston but I found this really funny.

Child abuse in my opinion .... People like you should receive a custodial sentence.

• Like 1