Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

You ignore a key factor in this critical issue: as the cashier is in charge of the little barriers and is located beyond the customer in front, the little barrier is almost always placed closer to the customer in front.

Thus, due to your shocking selfishness, the customer behind is compelled to reach around you and across your groceries to obtain the little barrier, or to delay placing their groceries on the check-out conveyor belt, potentially leaving them flustered.

If you are registered blind, then you have an excuse. Otherwise, surely you can look behind you? This will inform you as to whether another customer is waiting and whether it would be a pointless act to put the little barrier in place.  :D

If another customer is waiting behind you, you are under a moral and social duty to put the little barrier in place.

In those circumstances, if you opt not to put the barrier in place, this does indeed constitute anti-social conduct liable to constitute a breach of Carl's human rights.

You need to be in Guantanamo Bay, wearing an orange jump-suit, in my opinion. :whistle:

A riveting read thank you Alf and DB and quite nicely filled the time as I ate my sandwich.

Receiving a letter form my 5 year old son's school advising us that following the recent height & weight measurements he is underweight. He is tall and slim and very active but because he doesn't fit into their 'average weights bracket' this apparently could be an issue and we should give them a call to discuss it (he is half a pound less than the average). They fail to take into account that he was born over two months early so has always been on the lean side.

They also fail to mention that he is 3cm taller than the average.

What purpose does this serve other than to needlessly try and worry parents?

id be worried if my kid was a fat bastard.

A riveting read thank you Alf and DB and quite nicely filled the time as I ate my sandwich.

:D

I hope you weren't eating your sandwich and reading the thread on your mobile while walking down the pavement expecting everyone else to get out of your way?

If you were then you deserve your own entry in this thread - and deportation to Guantanamo! 

When people don't put the little barrier at the end of their shopping I feel like they're violating my human rights.

And when I put my little barrier down a good few inches from my last item; after my orderly neat shopping was placed and organised to help not only me pack but also the cashier when scanning. Heavy items, bottles and tins. Meats for a separate bag (for life). Sundries, toiletries and then soft foods so they don't get squashed in the last bag I pack.

The family of eight turns up behind me and pushes MY BARRIER right into my bread and eggs. Then proceed to throw and stack their shopping as if Norris Mcquirter was measuring the height and speed at which they did it. And when the final top layer falls into my side of MY BARRIER they give a slight winced half smile and finger their way through my hand picked delicatessens to retrieve their family size lard and frozen peas.

From now on I'm taking pile cream, a jar of wart remover a bra and some whipped cream to place last before MY BARRIER.

• Like 2

I put the barrier on at the start of my shopping but it's not for me to put it on at the end, there might not be anyone behind me in which case the barrier is pointless and the cashier has to move it. Whoever is joining the queue can but the barrier there

You make me so angry, if I saw you in public I'd 'accidentally' make shoulder contact leaning across your shopping to grab the little barrier before placing it down at a passive-aggressively proximity to your things, putting my shopping down, and then leaning across your shopping again to grab a second barrier even if there's nobody behind me.

• Like 4

You make me so angry, if I saw you in public I'd 'accidentally' make shoulder contact leaning across your shopping to grab the little barrier before placing it down at a passive-aggressively proximity to your things, putting my shopping down, and then leaning across your shopping again to grab a second barrier even if there's nobody behind me.

You see what you've caused now, DB11?

Shopping rage!

There's going to be blood at the checkouts.

And when I put my little barrier down a good few inches from my last item; after my orderly neat shopping was placed and organised to help not only me pack but also the cashier when scanning. Heavy items, bottles and tins. Meats for a separate bag (for life). Sundries, toiletries and then soft foods so they don't get squashed in the last bag I pack.

The family of eight turns up behind me and pushes MY BARRIER right into my bread and eggs. Then proceed to throw and stack their shopping as if Norris Mcquirter was measuring the height and speed at which they did it. And when the final top layer falls into my side of MY BARRIER they give a slight winced half smile and finger their way through my hand picked delicatessens to retrieve their family size lard and frozen peas.

From now on I'm taking pile cream, a jar of wart remover a bra and some whipped cream to place last before MY BARRIER.

what annoys me is people who buy a handful of things, spread them along the entire length of the conveyor, so i cant really start adding my stuff until they are done paying

what annoys me is people who buy a handful of things, spread them along the entire length of the conveyor, so i cant really start adding my stuff until they are done paying

I do this to give me more time to pack my bags.  :(

on a related note i have to put everything onto the conveyuer belt because my wife cant grasp grouping frozen/heavy/soft items together

pack everything into bags because my wife cant get the carrier bags open

finally pay whilst im still packing items and being stared down by miserable bastards in the que.

Call of Duty rage. I'm nearly 30 FFS and I've had a tantrum that's cost me a £45 joypad. I'm a twat.

Edit: and now the ad banner at the bottom is taking the piss telling me where to buy a replacement.

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 3

I probably wouldn't notice. I'd be too busy staring at my phone and not even realise when it's my shopping going through thus holding up the queue

• Like 1

Call of Duty rage. I'm nearly 30 FFS and I've had a tantrum that's cost me a £45 joypad. I'm a twat.

Edit: and now the ad banner at the bottom is taking the piss telling me where to buy a replacement.

those targeted ads creep me out*, they always know what i want to buy. 

*almost as much as your avatar i just noticed.

• Like 1