Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Had a right ****er off a shift at work tonight so I thought I'd cheer myself up with a Big Mac. Get home with my McDonald's in hand, happy as Larry. Settle down to feast on it and they've have me somebody else's PLAIN chicken legend. Fuming.

Edited by Samilktray

Brits seem to get particularly wound up by kids, maybe it goes back to the 'seen and not heard' Victorian mentality. I can't say I'm too bothered by a loud child in a public place.

Not specifically that though, we were all young once.

To cite what happened to me yesterday, five of us sat down for dinner in a pub and a group of about 8 adults and 10 kids came in. The adults dumped the kids on the table next to us with a few colouring books between them, then pissed off to another area of the pub entirely to have a few bevs! These kids were fighting, throwing pencils at the tables around them, generally causing chaos, and the parents were nowhere to be seen.

To cite what happened to me yesterday, five of us sat down for dinner in a pub and a group of about 8 adults and 10 kids came in. The adults dumped the kids on the table next to us with a few colouring books between them, then pissed off to another area of the pub entirely to have a few bevs! These kids were fighting, throwing pencils at the tables around them, generally causing chaos, and the parents were nowhere to be seen.

Ok that's annoying.

my job

At the minute, same, but for probably completely different reasons lol Since the Saturday before last I've worked once, then I'm working again tomorrow before off again til the weekend! Two days in two weeks zzzz rather be at work than sat bored at home lol

Brits seem to get particularly wound up by kids, maybe it goes back to the 'seen and not heard' Victorian mentality. I can't say I'm too bothered by a loud child in a public place.

Shouldn't even be seen.  Get in the cupboard.

Purchased some bread from Sainsbury's (which looked rather fine from the outside), only to open it and discover that they were all badly bend and stuck to each other.

Should I/am I able to complain about this (as it doesn't look appealing to consume)?

Purchased some bread from Sainsbury's (which looked rather fine from the outside), only to open it and discover that they were all badly bend and stuck to each other.

Should I/am I able to complain about this (as it doesn't look appealing to consume)?

No, it's life. Get over it. If you have to then take it with you next time you pop in and ask to switch it.

I know how you feel and I have 2 of my own, a few weeks back, we were sat outside our local pub, bloody freezing it was, but the kids wanted to play outside on the play equipment, they are 4 and 6, so we sat there with them keeping an eye on them.

Lad who drinks the pub sees us there, sends his 2 kids out to play with ours, now am I providing some sort of babysitting service? then someone who we haven't spoken too in about 2 years pulls up in car park, says nothing, leaves his 4 year old outside as well and ****s off inside with his wife.

Now that might not seem so bad in some people's worlds, but honestly, this play area is right next to the car park and driveway, with cars coming in and out, ok when I was a kid you could just go and play outside no problem, but we live in different times.

When we decided to head inside, they then had the cheek to ask where their kids were. Where did they think they would be.  :nono:

Stuck to each other? You sure you picked up sliced? lol