Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

horses are intelligent enough to know if they've won. they get treated like royalty. I'd much rather be a racehorse than a cart horse or a police horse and nobody complains about "cruelty" to them.

you get punched as police horses, as well.

the fact horses refuse to run every day ruins most arguments about them not knowing any different or being forced to do it. you can't force a fu cking horse to do anything, it's fu cking huge. if it doesn't want to move it ain't gonna move.

Selling/Buying a house... UNFKNBELIEVABLE..... Broker makes errors, bank makes errors, settlement agent makes errors... other bank makes errors, other settlement agent makes errors.

Ive been living in a caravan out of a suitcase for the past 10 days.... the biggest issue now is, we wont be in for sundays game and not sure if ill be able to stream it.

bastards all of em.

That Dominos pizza radio ad. So fvckin annoying, the mouth boggles.

Yeah, is that's. err I mean that is, so flopping arguing; I mean annoying.

But..... we both remember!  So if you think about it:  marketing genius or I've right off pizza ?

Personally, I gone right off pizza, but I remember Dominos.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/17/britains-scientists-must-not-be-gagged

Yes, I know it's the Grauniad...but what part of 'science is supposed to be apolitical' do governments not understand? Terrible lack of trust.

Oh, and Jonathan Moss. Fat willy puller.

If it's apolitical they won't want to campaign against the govt anyway.

If it's apolitical they won't want to campaign against the govt anyway.

If it's apolitical they'll challenge government decisions - of any government of any stripe - when the findings from data say they should and they should be able to do so without gagging or fear of reprisal.

Edited by leicsmac

Dumb people.

Someone just posted in a facebook group photos of two people, along with copies of their national identification cards, claiming they had a break in by these guys.

Now, I tried to explain that Google doesn't allow people to post other people's private information , like ID numbers etc. (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms see 5.8) and that if these guys are found innocent, the poster could be done for libel, if they found out about it.

But she and others are like, this is Africa, we need to stop them, as though posting on an expat facebook group is going to bring them to justice. It's just wrong to post someone's private details, and claim they committed a crime. How can people not see that?

Having my heart set on getting my first fish and chips since returning to the UK for dinner but the bar staff at the pub I work at failing to send a food order to the kitchen and only realising once we've finished winding it down meaning I have to stay an extra half hour to get it rushed through by which point it's impossible to get to any of the local chippies before they close.

"Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time".

Hate to see this horrible cliche (from the Foreign Office about a bloke found dead in Peru, in this instance, but used almost daily).

The loss of an individual human life matters a lot subjectively and in the short-term (maybe not so much objectively or in the long-term).

So, if an institution or representative is going to comment on the loss of a life, they should respectfully take a couple of minutes to compose a meaningful phrase, not just spout an off-the-peg cliche. If they're unable to do that, they should keep their egos/PR out of the mix and just stay silent.