Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

My 7 year old lad started collecting the Euro 16 Panini sticker book last week. I bought him a shed load of stickers to start him off and he's got a few swaps now. I told him to take his book and swaps to school so he could swap with his mates, but he said it wasn't allowed. So I rang the school assuming he was mistaken but was told "sorry, it's school policy that we don't allow the children to bring sticker books in". When I tried to get an explanation from them they got arsey and basically said tough shit. When I was a kid I loved swapping stickers with my mates at school and it was all part of my education. Can't believe my boy can't do the same. Pathetic...

sticker books or just stickers?

sticker books or just stickers?

Both apparently. It's BS really and I can't see how kids can do any harm taking these into school. But rules is rules I guess. Luckily we have e-bay so you can pretty much do your swapping 'virtually' these days. But it ain't the same as got, got, NEED! in the playground...

Whilst banning football stickers is OTT... arent we a bit naive thinking the things we did in school should still be done in todays schools?

times change and right now schools are trying to stop bullying before it starts because once its started theres not much schools will do to sort it.

i think it was the sun in which i read an article about a father who was arrested for telling a child to stop bullying his kids because the school obviously cant sort it themselves.

When you accidentally click mark this forum as read and you will never know what fantastic contribution you're fellow FT's have made

I've done that  but its also saved me from reading the rubbish contributions you're fellow FT's have made.

My 7 year old lad started collecting the Euro 16 Panini sticker book last week. I bought him a shed load of stickers to start him off and he's got a few swaps now. I told him to take his book and swaps to school so he could swap with his mates, but he said it wasn't allowed. So I rang the school assuming he was mistaken but was told "sorry, it's school policy that we don't allow the children to bring sticker books in". When I tried to get an explanation from them they got arsey and basically said tough shit. When I was a kid I loved swapping stickers with my mates at school and it was all part of my education. Can't believe my boy can't do the same. Pathetic...

The PC brigade again, no doubt.

It's shit that kids of today can't do things we did growing up.

I doubt it's political correctness. Probably just to stop arguments.

I had the same problem with my lad. In the end he just lost interest and stopped buying them.

I think it's really sad that my lad is missing out on this at school. Whether it's PC gone mad or to stop arguments, it never did us any harm back in the day. I even went up in the loft and brought down my old completed Panini books from the early 80's to show him and he thought they were cool as fvck. Swapping stickers with your mates in the playground is what it's all about and we had hours of fun during breaks and dinner times. I hope he 'sticks' with it but we'll have to arrange to meet other kids and their parents outside of school hours to do swaps. Which is inconvenient and quite frankly bonkers.

Believe me, the teachers won't have just banned them for their own amusement or sadistic pleasure, so don't be getting arsey with them.

I swapped football stickers at school too and it was fine. But things are different these days, kids are f ucking mental.

If the teachers have banned them, it will be because some little f uckers were taking the absolute piss and ruined it for the rest of them. Trust the teachers' judgement. Looking after one or two kids is hard work isn't? Imagine looking after 200 of the little friggers. The school will have made a judgement call on this and with good reasoning. 

• Like 1

Believe me, the teachers won't have just banned them for their own amusement or sadistic pleasure, so don't be getting arsey with them.

I swapped football stickers at school too and it was fine. But things are different these days, kids are f ucking mental.

If the teachers have banned them, it will be because some little f uckers were taking the absolute piss and ruined it for the rest of them. Trust the teachers' judgement. Looking after one or two kids is hard work isn't? Imagine looking after 200 of the little friggers. The school will have made a judgement call on this and with good reasoning.

So the teachers have banned them so they can have an easy life then? There's dozens of dinner ladies, administrators and teaching assistants at the school so yes, they should be able to look after 200 of the little friggers. It's their job and what they're paid to do.

Following on from this topic...

Schools ARE different these days because kids are different because parenting is different. 

Parents have less time for their kids, partly because more mothers work these days. Discipline is far less prominent these days too.

Many parents also have a weird sense of entitlement that makes them think the state should be fully responsible for the development of their children.

For example, I hear stories about kids who start school at five still wearing nappies. Quite frankly, if you can't be arsed to potty train your kid by age 5, you should be f ucking shot. 

And, funnily, it tends to be the scrotes who don't work who "don't have time" to do reading with their kids or whatever.

We need to stop these f ucking scumbags procreating as a matter of urgency. 

• Like 1

For example, I hear stories about kids who start school at five still wearing nappies. Quite frankly, if you can't be arsed to potty train your kid by age 5, you should be f ucking shot.

My boy was 2 in December and doesn't wear nappies anymore! What are parents doing?!

Here's the ipad son...

Fair few things got banned at my primary school (whilst I was there and when my brothers went, after), because of gambling. Crazy bones, pokemon/football cards (playing 'flicksys' or whatever the hell it was called) etc. 

Although, they never did clock on to the blackjack-style dice gambling ring I set up, hustling people out of 'smellies' (gel pens) or whatever the craze was back in year 5... lol.

Following on from this topic...

Schools ARE different these days because kids are different because parenting is different. 

Parents have less time for their kids, partly because more mothers work these days. Discipline is far less prominent these days too.

Many parents also have a weird sense of entitlement that makes them think the state should be fully responsible for the development of their children.

And, funnily, it tends to be the scrotes who don't work who "don't have time" to do reading with their kids or whatever.

We need to stop these f ucking scumbags procreating as a matter of urgency. 

Have to agree with this on so many levels. Kids in our street left to roam until 9 - 10 at night because the parents can not be arsed with them and again it is the ones that do not work 9/10. 

I helped in a school for a year and the amount children that still wore nappies was stupid just lazy parenting x 

Trouble is there is a minority that only have a child to be housed for free and not have to work those girls do not care as much about the child x 

Edited by lianne81
  • Like 1

Did my garden over the weekend and put some new pots down the path that leads to my door. They are in the middle (but on my land) of the path which links both my house and the neighbours. I have placed my pots in places of no inconvenience to them, came home today to find they had moved them onto my freshly cut lawn.

Why? I find that so ignorent.