Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Still not working properly. Some I was directed to paid proxys.

Read one post where they said that there are so many and easy to bypass that it makes parental control security useless.

I have kodi but have been struggling with that. Some wont start until after a few tries. I stopped using putlocker because the site went down a couple of times and found what i wanted on kodi. There is a putlocker addon but it is not showing.Thinking of seeing if Civil War is available.

I wouldn't worry. Wherever you might work in Leicester Soulsby wouldn't be long turning it into a building site and changing the road system. 

I wouldn't worry. Wherever you might work in Leicester Soulsby wouldn't be long turning it into a building site and changing the road system. 

?????

Why the change of subject?

Edited by Rincewind

Shopping.

Can't believe some people enjoy it as a hobby, miserable sales assistants and people taking ages just to make a purchase decision.

The difference in going with a girl and going with a mate actually defines it for me. As males we usually know what we want - straight into the shop, purchase and then leave... Go shopping with a girl and it becomes a long-drawn "experience" and I've spent too many times sat on one of those benches outside a shop in a shopping centre (you know, the ones were it's just all males sat and we're all there for the same reason).

• Like 1

The difference in going with a girl and going with a mate actually defines it for me. As males we usually know what we want - straight into the shop, purchase and then leave... Go shopping with a girl and it becomes a long-drawn "experience" and I've spent too many times sat on one of those benches outside a shop in a shopping centre (you know, the ones were it's just all males sat and we're all there for the same reason).

everytime I have gone shopping with a mate this has been the case:

arrive at leicester, get out of car, walk to highcross, notice the amount of people there.

"I dunno about you mate but I could do with a pint to take the edge off"

"yeah man"

stay in pub till time to go home.

Millions are spent on the science of shopping, here's a few of the gems.

We all know the supermarkets move bread, milk, eggs, alcohol to the different corners of the store to get you to go around, but did you know they use artificial aromas too? That freshly baked bread smell is an oven trick from pre frozen bread. The toiletries isle smells clean and fresh but all the bottles are sealed.

Ever wonder what you do when you first enter a clothes shop, close your eyes.....you actually look left to right and you will always find the sale on the right.

Ever wonder why mens clothes isles are bigger? Not because men are bigger but if we pick up an item we want to buy and someone touches you or brushes past you; you will NOT buy that item. (that ones called the bum touch).

I know a hundred more as I work in packaging. The social science is actually quite amazing.

• Like 3

In a store the women section is always ground floor or nearest the tills meaning they have less time to change their minds. Booze is also in the aisle nearest the checkout. Every so often things are changed around Probably to give the impression of improvement.

I go shopping about twice a year and it's always horrible. Always see loads of blokes walking around the shops with their other halves. I can't decide whether they actually enjoy it or whether they've just failed to establish acceptable ground rules in their relationship. That shopping is not a leisure activity to be enjoyed as a couple was right up there with 'no pegging' in the rules I established from the get go. You've got to stand your ground.

Edited by Dodgy Bob

Online shopping is becoming too pricey now.

Apparently because loads of customers are returning stuff in-store after buying it online.

would not say that to be honest if you look in sale items you can get a lot more for your money. As much as i hate shopping I had no choice but to get some new bits ordered after losing 2 and a half stone recently and got quite a few items for £100. Reason woman prefer to shop in person is because they want to make sure that the things fit without hanging and trouble with woman clothes is what size might fit you in one shop is smaller in another. xx 

Millions are spent on the science of shopping, here's a few of the gems.

We all know the supermarkets move bread, milk, eggs, alcohol to the different corners of the store to get you to go around, but did you know they use artificial aromas too? That freshly baked bread smell is an oven trick from pre frozen bread. The toiletries isle smells clean and fresh but all the bottles are sealed.

Ever wonder what you do when you first enter a clothes shop, close your eyes.....you actually look left to right and you will always find the sale on the right.

Ever wonder why mens clothes isles are bigger? Not because men are bigger but if we pick up an item we want to buy and someone touches you or brushes past you; you will NOT buy that item. (that ones called the bum touch).

I know a hundred more as I work in packaging. The social science is actually quite amazing.

Interesting, cheers,  love to hear more

Normally comes anytime before 7 for me.

DPD though they tell you the name of their driver, have a live GPS feed of the van and even give you phone alerts and a time slot early on the day of when they'll arrive.

These lot have messed up by tapping my door on Saturday when they gave no indication they'd be here and the trackers completely stopped from then. Sat by the door on my laptop since 7am ffs

DPD though they tell you the name of their driver, have a live GPS feed of the van and even give you phone alerts and a time slot early on the day of when they'll arrive.

These lot have messed up by tapping my door on Saturday when they gave no indication they'd be here and the trackers completely stopped from then. Sat by the door on my laptop since 7am ffs

If you get a text from then you can give them a signature release and tell them a place to leave it, did it for some shoes when I was out, they left it between the bins where i asked.

Interesting, cheers,  love to hear more

Returns were mentioned: If you return white goods/ clothing they take an age and customer services are not near the entrance, they want that money back on something you perhaps saw while returning the goods. Ever noticed that the toilets in department stores are on the third floor and difficult to find and you will have probably passed every department to get to them? In supermarkets however customer services and toilets are right at the door and/or superfast by comparison as they want you to get a trolley. Notice the diverse range of trollies available. Trollies mean spend. Single shoppers are frugal and know what they need but ironically couples are great. Two working people with cash to spare and don't want to spend their time shopping tend to spend the most per head by impulse buys. (lets just get the nice stuff and f*<k off outta here) Families are a gold mine as they need a big shop but are on limited budgets and here is where own brand comes in. Eg: 

Dear Mr Heines, you sell quite a lot of beans in my shop and I'd like you to do mine. The sauce is different but they are the same beans processed and made by the same company in the same factory, but sold for a fraction of the price. The only difference is some supermarkets specify they get the best beans (Mr Heines doesn't want to lose a supermarket contract) so you are actually paying for the sauce not the quality of the beans.

Additional: "this is obviously totally made up and in no way reflects any company including a Mr Heines which I made up at random or supermarket in regards to the products that are on sale either past present or future".

Additional, additional: I've got loads more but don't want to bore.

• Like 2

Fashion victims.

Right now, girls who've fallen for the "jeans with open knee gap" trap.

It wasn't fashionable in the 90ies and it isn't fashionable now. Sheep.

I'm pretty sure you're not a leading fashion authority 

Right it seems they dont know where my parcel is and are searching their warehouse, was last seen on Saturday with their courier after a failed(unannounced) delivery attempt.

I know its the sellers responsibility for it to get to me so I'm not 100% concerned but what do I do if the parcel has been tampered with or damaged en route? Is it a case of not signing the delivery or calling the police or what