Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The epidemic of road humps and chicanes. For a woman whose just had heart surgery it's a nightmare. Don't the arseholes in their ivory towers realise that even the act of braking constantly is discomforting for many who are disabled or recovering from hospital procedures?    

Some are not even clearly indicated but actually blend into the tarmac at night. 

Not to mention the discomfort to a trauma patient in the back of our ambulance. Even driving smoothly at a steady speed to avoid unnecessary braking, the humps are so high on some roads that a jolt is unavoidable.

Highfields is dreadful for these.

Edited by Parafox

Guest MattP

The anthropomorphic nonsense about shooting the Gorilla and the thousands of desk based Facebook experts who now know better than an experienced response team at a Zoo.

By all means throw he book at the parents but spare us the drivel about how "you would have handled it" and how everything would have obviously turned out perfect when you did.

The anthropomorphic nonsense about shooting the Gorilla and the thousands of desk based Facebook experts who now know better than an experienced response team at a Zoo.

By all means throw he book at the parents but spare us the drivel about how "you would have handled it" and how everything would have obviously turned out perfect when you did.

Just came onto the thread to post this lol. What were they supposed to do wait to see if anything happens to the child? Have a word.

Completely agree.

The zoo have questions to answer about how a small child got into a dangerous enclosure (can't assume that no careless/distracted parents will ever visit).

But not about the shooting - they sadly had no option, surely?

DHL have confirmed theyve lost my parcel and then referred me to a 0844(50p connexion fee + 80p a min) 'claims line'.

Anyone know the best and fastest process I have to go through with Ebay and all that, its a reputable seller but theyve not responded to me since Saturday when it started to go tits up but I actually still want what they have

DHL have confirmed theyve lost my parcel and then referred me to a 0844(50p connexion fee + 80p a min) 'claims line'.

Anyone know the best and fastest process I have to go through with Ebay and all that, its a reputable seller but theyve not responded to me since Saturday when it started to go tits up but I actually still want what they have

Something like purchases > item not recieved > open dispute

I did similar got scammed out of £50 for a jumper that was never sent, except i paid using pay pal guest. Rang them up and they escalated the case for me and i got my money back in 10 days they contact the seller asking for proof of postage and if they don't hear anything they'll refund you.

A few days back, my wife was driving around that roundabout outside St. George's Retail Park. She was going past the Retail Park exit, intending to head up towards the station.

Some woman then drove into her driver's door. It only caused a tiny dent, which she wasn't bothered about as it's an old car.

But she was quite convinced that she wasn't at fault: she was 100% confident that she was in the right lane, didn't have her indicator on and the other woman drove into her.

Now, I've taken a call today from some firm called Accident Exchange - clearly this other woman must be blaming my Missus and looking for some cash.

The thing is, I know what my wife is like. She's quite prone to anxiety and self-doubt. I just know that she'll start wondering whether she did have her indicator on, whether this woman has witnesses, whether it's going to cost a bomb etc.

She could be worrying about this for weeks now....all because some horrible, grasping woman wants to con a few quid (she wasn't injured and any damage to her car would have been minor, too).

Same thing happened a few years back. It dragged on for weeks, with the woman claiming for lost income due to whiplash etc. The insurance people eventually threw her case out as the angle of the collision clearly showed my wife wasn't responsible. But that was only after weeks of stress for my wife and weeks of me having to play Mr. Reassuring. I can play that role, as I'm not an anxious person - but I am a very impatient person with a strong sense of justice, so it drives me mad!  :@

A few days back, my wife was driving around that roundabout outside St. George's Retail Park. She was going past the Retail Park exit, intending to head up towards the station.

Some woman then drove into her driver's door. It only caused a tiny dent, which she wasn't bothered about as it's an old car.

But she was quite convinced that she wasn't at fault: she was 100% confident that she was in the right lane, didn't have her indicator on and the other woman drove into her.

Now, I've taken a call today from some firm called Accident Exchange - clearly this other woman must be blaming my Missus and looking for some cash.

The thing is, I know what my wife is like. She's quite prone to anxiety and self-doubt. I just know that she'll start wondering whether she did have her indicator on, whether this woman has witnesses, whether it's going to cost a bomb etc.

She could be worrying about this for weeks now....all because some horrible, grasping woman wants to con a few quid (she wasn't injured and any damage to her car would have been minor, too).

Same thing happened a few years back. It dragged on for weeks, with the woman claiming for lost income due to whiplash etc. The insurance people eventually threw her case out as the angle of the collision clearly showed my wife wasn't responsible. But that was only after weeks of stress for my wife and weeks of me having to play Mr. Reassuring. I can play that role, as I'm not an anxious person - but I am a very impatient person with a strong sense of justice, so it drives me mad! :@

I hope your wife is ok, unfortunately this is the world we live in. I'm just glad justice has been done with regards to the case. I believe in karma, the person at fault will get there dues

I hope your wife is ok, unfortunately this is the world we live in. I'm just glad justice has been done with regards to the case. I believe in karma, the person at fault will get there dues

Cheers, Doc. Nobody was hurt in either incident. The one a couple of years ago was sorted after a few weeks of angst. The latest one is only just beginning.

Hope you're right about the karma. Maybe the other woman will eat a dodgy curry, die of food poisoning and be reborn as a slug - like a korma karma chameleon.

Sorry, just trying to lighten my mood before I have to tell the missus about the phone call. 

Download a premium rate charge avoiding app. I use one called WeQ4U. They basically redirect you to a free number within the company and you can be transferred to the right place from there. I've not paid for an 08 call in years.

• Like 1

Same thing happened a few years back. It dragged on for weeks, with the woman claiming for lost income due to whiplash etc. The insurance people eventually threw her case out as the angle of the collision clearly showed my wife wasn't responsible. But that was only after weeks of stress for my wife and weeks of me having to play Mr. Reassuring. I can play that role, as I'm not an anxious person - but I am a very impatient person with a strong sense of justice, so it drives me mad!  :@

Are you sure it was about that specific incident? I used to get random phonecalls asking me about my accident (I've never had one). When I asked for specific details of the accident they were on about they'd say they couldn't mention it because of data protection. I'd waste their time until they got fed up. It's quite possible that it's just claim farmers.

Are you sure it was about that specific incident? I used to get random phonecalls asking me about my accident (I've never had one). When I asked for specific details of the accident they were on about they'd say they couldn't mention it because of data protection. I'd waste their time until they got fed up. It's quite possible that it's just claim farmers.

I know the calls you mean, but this one was different - they specifically mentioned the minor collision that my wife had the other day. They've also texted her mobile, it turns out.

They've not said what they want - but presumably it's an attempt to extract some cash on some spurious grounds or other.

Fortunately, she seems to be intent on treating them with calm disdain and is not angsting about it so far.

I know the calls you mean, but this one was different - they specifically mentioned the minor collision that my wife had the other day. They've also texted her mobile, it turns out.

They've not said what they want - but presumably it's an attempt to extract some cash on some spurious grounds or other.

Fortunately, she seems to be intent on treating them with calm disdain and is not angsting about it so far.

Just refuse to engage with them - you are under no obligation to. Simply tell them to contact your insurance company as it is them who will act on your behalf to sort things out.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure whether she had the indicator on or not it does not make it her liability, maybe someone else can confirm?

People trying to rip you off and then just shrugging it off when you catch them out.

I took a taxi to the airport, I asked him how much, so he got his charge sheet out.

It had two columns, one from my area to another area, then one from my area to the airport. He added the columns together. I called him out on it and he just laughed. I would usually tip but what a willy puller.

• Like 1