Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Don't sh*t yourself Singhy lol lol

lol I actually felt really bad for offending the fella!!!  If I felt anyway that I was in the right, I probably would have argued back, but in this case, poor Bucey got offended!!

I'm no keyboard warrior, I will leave that for other FT'ers!!

Well it is a thread for moaning.

Found it. It was where I thought it might be. Down inside my chair. Turned it upside down and just happened to see a bit of orange in the crack where the seat is. With a bit of wiggling it came out. The chair is a recliner so things like my card easily slip down.

I'd love to see the image some of you have come up with

sorry but i laughed :blush:

• Like 1

Want to use a good parcel company to sell off some 2nd hand things, 4 addresses in different parts of England. No rush to distribute them as yet.

But there's too many parcel companies now, including those that have been ridiculed by some on here, and they'reall similar to one another.

Work

There has to be more to life than this. Has anyone quit their job on a whim and not regretted it?

Yep.

I spent the next twenty years travelling (interspersed with casual work to fund it) and have never regretted it for a moment.

Yep.

I spent the next twenty years travelling (interspersed with casual work to fund it) and have never regretted it for a moment.

That's the way to do it. I did a fair stint of travelling and being very poor but enjoying life a lot in my early 20s. Decided that long term I'd benefit from having a decent career and money making potential so unpacked the backpack and 'settled down', thinking I'd one day get to the stage where I could earn good money for 7-8 months of the year and then enjoy the other 4-5 months out in the world without having to worry about being financially hamstrung in old age. I'm still aiming for that lifestyle but it's a long journey to get there and most of it is pretty ****ing shit. You get sucked into the lunacy of wasting your money on trivial crap like cars and expensive gadgets, even when you know they provide next to no genuine satisfaction. I think there's a strong argument for risking everything in the pursuit of something more worthwhile but am I going to do it? Probably not. On a Monday I'm ready to hand in my notice but never do and by Friday I'm like, this isn't actually so bad, it could be worse. It's the same every week, week after week, month after month, year after year. And then you just ****ing die.

That's the way to do it. I did a fair stint of travelling and being very poor but enjoying life a lot in my early 20s. Decided that long term I'd benefit from having a decent career and money making potential so unpacked the backpack and 'settled down', thinking I'd one day get to the stage where I could earn good money for 7-8 months of the year and then enjoy the other 4-5 months out in the world without having to worry about being financially hamstrung in old age. I'm still aiming for that lifestyle but it's a long journey to get there and most of it is pretty ****ing shit. You get sucked into the lunacy of wasting your money on trivial crap like cars and expensive gadgets, even when you know they provide next to no genuine satisfaction. I think there's a strong argument for risking everything in the pursuit of something more worthwhile but am I going to do it? Probably not. On a Monday I'm ready to hand in my notice but never do and by Friday I'm like, this isn't actually so bad, it could be worse. It's the same every week, week after week, month after month, year after year. And then you just ****ing die.

I hear what you're saying, Moose. I don't have a private pension for my old age, but I'm not planning to be old anyway.

When my daughter is grown and settled I intend to sell up and travel again (with the Mrs, this time), and once ill-health/age makes it impossible, I'm done. I don't see any value in dying slowly of old age - I intend dying with my boots on.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 3

Being a fast-food employee is not all rosey and cheerful as some think it is.

Who the fcuk thinks that working in fast food is rosey and cheerful?

That was literally what I was going to post :unsure::blink:

Edited by DB11

Cookies, Specifically, website cookie agreements. no, i dont like you using cookies to track my internet use and apply targeted ads across the internet.

I should be able to click no, and then you either accept that and let me on the site anyway, or deny my access. not just give one option (ok) , which is no option really, as you started using cookies the second I logged on, and all clicking ok does is remove the banner

Gears being ground today. transcript of a phone call i just recieved

Phone rings

Me - Hello?

Caller- Hello? do you recieve telemarketing calls? 

Me - Like this one?

Caller - This is not a telemarketing call 

Me - OK, go on

Caller - We are going to block all telemarketing calls and you will not recieve any more calls and the best part is you will have lifetime deal

Me - This is a telemarketing call

Caller - Are you thick? Are you thick?

Me - And now you insult me

Dead line

:mad:

• Like 1