Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Get coediene! Works a treat for me

I had toothache a couple of years ago and I was round my Grandad's. He said "put this on it, i'll numb the pain". It was bit of cotton wool doused in whiskey so I put it on the tooth and I ended up bouncing off the walls in pain. I was in tears, screaming like. 

My Gran then walked in and gave me one of these and within about 20 minutes I was fast asleep and when I woke up I was absolutely fine.

dunno if anyone on here has ever had issues with wisdom teeth before but **** me im in agony

Try and clean the area thoroughly, use mouthwash and a dental stick. If still in a lot of pain in a few days go to the dentist might need them out.

I had toothache a couple of years ago and I was round my Grandad's. He said "put this on it, i'll numb the pain". It was bit of cotton wool doused in whiskey so I put it on the tooth and I ended up bouncing off the walls in pain. I was in tears, screaming like. 

My Gran then walked in and gave me one of these and within about 20 minutes I was fast asleep and when I woke up I was absolutely fine.

Come on I can't cope with the tension... what was it your gran gave you?!

cotton wool doused in whiskey or taking a sip of brandy worked for me!

Guess it depends what kind of toothache you have. I had nerve problems which I guess is different to wisdom tooth coming through so it may not also work for some.

I have wisdom tooth pain quite a lot. Holding some hot salt water in your mouth around the affected area and doing this regularly helps a bit. Strong alcohol can numb the area but you don't want to be touching it. Try not to move your mouth at all. Don't eat anything that requires alot of jaw movement. And take either ibuprofen/paracetamol on 2hr rotation or codeine. These steps can make it bearable but it's still a bit of a nightmare. Best to have them taken out I guess but I've never got around to it.

Edited by Dodgy Bob

Politics and politicians There is no safe hiding place away from it.

Unfortunately it's only going to get worse.

Without wanting to turn another thread into a politics thread, the notion that you vote for the side that you distrust the least is never more true than now.

Guest seanfox778

The extra officials behind the goals at the Euro's. I literally have no idea why they're there, not involved in any decisions, failing to spot blatant penalties and simple decisions such as is it a corner or a goal kick and they're getting it wrong. I want that job!

The extra officials behind the goals at the Euro's. I literally have no idea why they're there, not involved in any decisions, failing to spot blatant penalties and simple decisions such as is it a corner or a goal kick and they're getting it wrong. I want that job!

What really winds me up about them is that they're surely on the wrong side?

They're stood right next to the linesman. Move them to the other side of the goal and another area of the pitch is covered easier by an official.

Not that they'd give any decisions.

dunno if anyone on here has ever had issues with wisdom teeth before but **** me im in agony

I have 2 that never fully emerged. Every year or so they flare up and I'm in excruciating pain for about 48 hours, then it stops. Next time I might play Whack-a-mole with them, with a toffee hammer

Work colleagues who do over the top loud sighs. 

Yes I can hear you sighing and yes I am ignoring you on purpose. 

If you want help just ****ing ask!!!!!

Or work colleague who desperately want you to ask about what they're looking at on Facebook.

"Ohmygod... noooooooooo.... whaaaat?... oh you didn't...."

People who have contempt for this country.  

People who confuse contempt for the UK and contempt for a minority of My Country Right or Wrong dyed in the wool nationalists within it currently engaging in a mixture of drill sergeant calls to "get over it" and documented intimidation of anyone who doesn't look 'British'.

Actually, what grinds my gears right now is black and white, Us and Them morality everywhere, which seems to be in large supply these days, with the accompanying lack of nuance.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

People who confuse contempt for the UK and contempt for a minority of My Country Right or Wrong dyed in the wool nationalists within it currently engaging in a mixture of drill sergeant calls to "get over it" and documented intimidation of anyone who doesn't look 'British'.

Actually, what grinds my gears right now is black and white, Us and Them morality everywhere, which seems to be in large supply these days, with the accompanying lack of nuance.

Yeah, when I hear stuff like "we're going to tell them to stuff it", it kind of reminds me that civilization has a little way to go yet.

• Like 1