Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Most important weekend for years for euro tunnel with the Somme memorial services, but a total shambles today at Folkstone. It was always going to be ultra busy, but communication and organisation seemed to be non existent.

Whilst we "only" had to wait an extra couple of hours at the terminal it was enough to mean we had no chance of getting to Thiepval Wood for the service. We had "won" tickets in the ballot.

I was pleased for Andy King that Wales won, but disappointed with the vast majority of their fans who just chatted and ignored the two minute silence at 728 am. Many people in he terminal did stand up, but none dressed in red shirts. A shame really. Plus the fact that euro tunnel kept playing TV system, pig ignorant by the management.

Cold-calling companies.

This week: 1 wanted to know whether my boiler has been serviced and recommended me to buy a ''really high recommended one at low cost'', another was about someone telling me I was eligible for PPI and asked some personal information (which I declined) and 1 other saying I've been involved in a car accident recently (last accident was nearly 2 years ago) and informed me to use their company to access ''instant'' funding for costs incurred from the accident.

I logged all 3 calls at time they rang.

2 were 'Unknown' numbers, but got the third which is an 020 number.

Might complain to whatever standards agency for these companies and try to block them from contacting me again.

Even worse point about it is that it's actually someone's job to try and scam householders.

Commentators/Pundits calling Kante 'Konte'.

It's Kante, it's an 'a' not an 'o', The Italian/Chelsea manager is not playing for France.

God help them if Kante does go Chelsea, Conte and 'Konte' at the same club...Which one will we know they're talking about?!

It's Kante, it's an 'a' not an 'o', The Italian/Chelsea manager is not playing for France.

God help them if Kante does go Chelsea, Conte and 'Konte' at the same club...Which one will we know they're talking about?!

Actually this has made me jump and flinch a dozen times plus listening to the radio when Kante is mentioned in regards to Chelsea and then I realise they mean Konte.

But that's how it's supposed to be pronounced...  

• Like 2

This seems to happen a lot:  Going out for a jog and there's a group of people walking the other way filling the pavement, you make eye contact with a couple of them and yet none of them make any effort to shuffle over to make a gap or they leave a gap so small you have to contort your body like a Chinese gymnast just to get through and they act all surprised when there's nearly a collision as you squeeze your way past.   Do these people want you to come to a halt and slowly shuffle past like you're on a train together or do they simply expect you to leap into traffic to get past them?

I used to love Lauren Laverne but having had to listen to 6 music at work for the past month or so want to cave my own head in whenever I hear her voice now, everything is about the ****ing cosmic vibrations of music or ****ing magic or even worse, ****ing VIBES. That Sean Keaveney seems an absolute ringpiece in all

This seems to happen a lot: Going out for a jog and there's a group of people walking the other way filling the pavement, you make eye contact with a couple of them and yet none of them make any effort to shuffle over to make a gap or they leave a gap so small you have to contort your body like a Chinese gymnast just to get through and they act all surprised when there's nearly a collision as you squeeze your way past. Do these people want you to come to a halt and slowly shuffle past like you're on a train together or do they simply expect you to leap into traffic to get past them?

Treat it like a game of chicken and dont even budge, they'll move.

Unnecessary TV shows like 'Dogs/Cats that make you lol' and Man V food where some chubby guy attempts to eat everything on plate within.a set amount of time and feeling like crap afterwards.

Lefties these days. I've always considered myself a leftie, not because I want a cohesive society or because I care about the rights and liberties of others but because I hate injustice and I hate ignorance. Problem is there's more ignorance with lefties these days and stupid philosophy from third wave feminists, vegans and social justice warriors. The new generation has been told it can change the world and now there's a mass of idiots using buzzwords to make themselves seem intelligent and of course you can not defy them because they are la leftie and somehow, according to this bullshit society, inherently correct. I swear I'm being turned into a sociopath and yearning to become far right because of this moronic direction the world is taking. I'm being trampled on by a bunch of knights (and knightesses and trans Knights etc) in shining armour that are sat on high horses (of all colors, not just white) and the horses have consented to be ridden.

• Like 1

Tour De France and Wimbledon dominating 4 channels (Technically 8) while I have to watch the Superbikes on bloody Quest in standard defination because Quest (A channel no-one has ever heard of) doesn't have a HD channel.

Tour De France is on ITV4 and Eurosport 2 (And ITV4 HD/Eurosport 2 HD), Wimbledon is on BBC and Eurosport 1 (And BBC HD/Eurosport 1 HD). Such shit sports, I get biking but not a great fan of it as a sport, and Tennis, well.... :nono:

I get people are interested in them, but to dominate 4 (8) channels, there really is no need.

I can slightly sympathise with those who slag the football off during a tournament when it's on terrestrial, but atleast that doesn't take up so many channels, at the same time!! Only the last game of the group stages and the final but i've noticed a few times throughout Wimbledon it takes up several channels.

Can you imagine the uproar if that was the case regards the football?! I bet people make more of a case about the football doing this tonight that anyone does (barr me) about TdF and Wimbledon.

In all fairness though the Euro final should only be on one channel, BBC, because no-one in their right mind will be watching on ITV.

Edited by Matt

Tour De France and Wimbledon dominating 4 channels (Technically 8) while I have to watch the Superbikes on bloody Quest in standard defination because Quest (A channel no-one has ever heard of) doesn't have a HD channel.

Tour De France is on ITV4 and Eurosport 2 (And ITV4 HD/Eurosport 2 HD), Wimbledon is on BBC and Eurosport 1 (And BBC HD/Eurosport 1 HD). Such shit sports, I get biking but not a great fan of it as a sport, and Tennis, well.... :nono:

I get people are interested in them, but to dominate 4 (8) channels, there really is no need.

I can slightly sympathise with those who slag the football off during a tournament when it's on terrestrial, but atleast that doesn't take up so many channels, at the same time!! Only the last game of the group stages and the final but i've noticed a few times throughout Wimbledon it takes up several channels.

Can you imagine the uproar if that was the case regards the football?! I bet people make more of a case about the football doing this tonight that anyone does (barr me) about TdF and Wimbledon.

In all fairness though the Euro final should only be on one channel, BBC, because no-one in their right mind will be watching on ITV.

Quest is a great channel, where else can you watch salvage hunter?
  • Like 1