Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

16 hours ago, Hollism said:

I ran over a pidgeon on Hospital Lane the other day. Feathers everywhere.

Plus it made me late for work because it was so much fun I turned around and ran other the bastard five more times.

What is the point of pigeons anyway?

Even their "birdsong" is dull and boring. And the feckers are awake at 5 am.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

What is the point of pigeons anyway?

Even their "birdsong" is dull and boring. And the feckers are awake at 5 am.

"What's so going on in the Animal Kingdom that birds have to talk about it at four o'clock in the fecking morning!?"

-Ardal O'Hanlon

:D

1 minute ago, Illusion35 said:

Smoke alarms that randomly go off for no reason in the middle of the night. 4.12am this morning. 2.35am yesterday. No other time of day. Mains powered and can see no way to open the b*****d thing! 

Vacuum it, it will be dust in the optics.

6 minutes ago, Illusion35 said:

Smoke alarms that randomly go off for no reason in the middle of the night. 4.12am this morning. 2.35am yesterday. No other time of day. Mains powered and can see no way to open the b*****d thing! 

Ring the fire department, get them to check it out / replace it. better safe than sorry. how long has it been up there?

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

Ring the fire department, get them to check it out / replace it. better safe than sorry. how long has it been up there?

Thanks - it was there when I moved in 2 years ago. I'm going on holiday today but if it's still randomly going off when I get back I'll get it checked out! So annoying! 

3 words: Shell on prawns.

I LOVE prawns, but i cant stand it when you go to a restaurant and order a prawn dish, particularly a prawn curry, and the prawns come out whole. I dont see any benefits whatsoever to leaving the shell on. you end up spending more time shelling the bloody things than you do eating them!

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

3 words: Shell on prawns.

I LOVE prawns, but i cant stand it when you go to a restaurant and order a prawn dish, particularly a prawn curry, and the prawns come out whole. I dont see any benefits whatsoever to leaving the shell on. you end up spending more time shelling the bloody things than you do eating them!

It's for presentation, plus they often taste nicer after you de-shell them rather than having them taken off in advance.

Can someone explain why what I said is racist? Considering all of the Muslims and Christians and other  religions put together, almost encompasses every race on the planet and I think anyone who lives their lives by the teachings of said religions is stupid and frankly rediculous, then am I bigoted towards my own race, my friends, my family? How does that work? 

The problem I have is we are not allowed to speak out on the stupidity of religion, because as soon as anyone does a bunch of left wing liberals appear saying "that's racist!" "You're a bigot" "you're so ignorant" yet these left wingers never actually, and I mean physically, stand up for their principals instead they share buzzfeed articles on Facebook.

nowadays there is a terrorist attack or some other atrocity, a national mourning day, a catchy hashtag, change your profile picture, repeat.

but who cares about solving that, let's just make sure we educate people that religion is good and peaceful and you're a racist biggot if you don't like it. 

Edited by Benguin

Religious belief is a tool, just like any other ideology. If you use it to help and heal, then it's good. If you use it to control, oppress and harm, then it's bad. 

Perhaps that's overly simplistic, but all such ideologies depend on the people practising them.