Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

worse sob stories on some tramps than the x factor these days 

"me ma didn't love me i had one of them homeless people dogs but it ran off ive not eaten for 3 days and theres a hole in my left sock can i lend a tenner?" 

nah mate 

19 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Can't remember exactly what I said, but last year someone asked for money said something derogatory about me and my mates after none of us gave him any money and it got right on my tits.

I had that, moved up to Teesside last year as I am going uni up there and you can't walk for more then 5 minutes without someone asking you for money, its like a proffession up there. Told someone politely that I dont have any money and he called me a ****ing dickhead. Yeh mate cheers I now have had a change of heart and will go to the nearest ATM and get you a tenner.

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

Printing off an online document and printing an extra page with 1 line on it. You couldn't fit it onto 1 page?

Your right! they must spend hours manipulating this. I do all the settings and borders an template prints and even after this I print an empty page. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

7 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That pissing Lidl advert where some bellend supposedly tweeted Lidl saying "fvck Lidl seafood they dredge it out of a ditch, Linda in accounts told me"

So they send him to Scotland and he is amazed that Lidl mussels are actually caught in a body of water, "oh my word this is breathtaking, I'm never going into any other supermarket ever again because this is not a ditch"

"I didn't know Lidl mussels were caught like THIS!" 

*pans to lake/river on a sunny-ish day*

image.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/09/2016 at 17:04, Trav Le Bleu said:

"Goals"

Now I'm not talking about putting a ball between two sticks or achieving an ambition. I'm talking about the new teen-slang, "goals".

So I'm not a teen, but I still get it, as teenagers we all had new words that we liked to use because it was different from older people and they "didn't get it" - except when you get older and you realise that older people (or at least those with half a brain) do get it, they just don't care. But we all did it, just accept it. But some of them are just so vacuous it's nauseating. This one is worse than awesome.... which wasn't so much the changing a use of the word, just a cheapening of it. eg... "What did you do today?" "We went town and then saw a film." "Oh, that's awesome!" No. It. Is. Not. In fact, mundane is more the word they should be using... it was, mmmm, fun or interesting... maybe nice?

But I digress.

Goals.

You take a picture of yourself with a friend... you know, your BFF (sigh) and then you put "Goals!" under it. Often with hearts and kisses emotes.

Because you have a friend, :appl: Not only that... a BEST friend :appl::appl: well done, no I mean it, congratulations, I'm so pleased for you.

These pictures are usually put by people who will have different BFFs in a week or two, but then I guess you have to set yourself new goals.

Seriously, it is just so shallow.

I don't understand the 'goals' thing but I definitely hate it.

Actually I don't understand anything that 12-20 year-olds say. God I'm getting old.

Top headline of the Daily Mail today bemoaning that British ex servicemen aren't getting enough protection from claims from human rights lawyers. As of the citizens of the countries invaded on the name of the nebulous concept of the war on terror should not be pressing the claims at all, should just lie down and accept war in their home in the name of a supposedly better future.

You know what would REALLY help Brit servicemen from such claims in the future? Not sending them on dubious foreign interventions in the first place. 

But for now, it's been done, and you live with the consequences of that, whatever they may be. Not bitch and moan.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Top headline of the Daily Mail today bemoaning that British ex servicemen aren't getting enough protection from claims from human rights lawyers. As of the citizens of the countries invaded on the name of the nebulous concept of the war on terror should not be pressing the claims at all, should just lie down and accept war in their home in the name of a supposedly better future.

You know what would REALLY help Brit servicemen from such claims in the future? Not sending them on dubious foreign interventions in the first place. 

But for now, it's been done, and you live with the consequences of that, whatever they may be. Not bitch and moan.

There was a good segment on the Daily Politics about this yesterday. One of the former officers who was in Iraq even suggested that the rank and file of the army should unionise such is the disconnect between them and the top brass after the rules were changed in military policing that those accused are charged on the grounds of a civilian rather than dealing with them as a soldier at war. Another good point that was made was we were essentially sending trained warriors and killers out to police the local population. Can the army primarily made up of the very young act as a peacekeeping force in a foreign country? I'm dubious.

Bastard Openreach coming to my house when I'm not there, and therefore 'unable to gain access'.  Wouldn't mind but they're supposed to ring/text when they're on their way and I was less than 10 minutes away.  If I get charged for this I'm going to Virgin just to spite them

On 20/09/2016 at 15:41, Wymeswold fox said:

Mass people in India not doing anything to prevent sick crime.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-37415843

I just surprised no-one was raped while this happens.  India is a sick place, in the 10 seconds I wrote this, 5 women have been raped in India, maybe more.  

There's is a million child prostitutes in one state alone.

42 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I just surprised no-one was raped while this happens.  India is a sick place, in the 10 seconds I wrote this, 5 women have been raped in India, maybe more.  

There's is a million child prostitutes in one state alone.

Depends where you go, Kerala in the south is picturesque. 

Get yourself to Peddlers bar in Amritsar, you'd love it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Depends where you go, Kerala in the south is picturesque. 

Get yourself to Peddlers bar in Amritsar, you'd love it.

Been to loads of bars in the Punjab the best are on GT road, the dabas are amazing.

Kerala is no different interms of injustice to the poor.

BBC News - all I want is a summary of the days news not the ignorant, banal side-chats from the presenters. The odd clever quip I can cope with, but the way they go off on long, meaningless, self-indulgent tangents just gets me reaching for the "off" button.          

11 minutes ago, Thracian said:

BBC News - all I want is a summary of the days news not the ignorant, banal side-chats from the presenters. The odd clever quip I can cope with, but the way they go off on long, meaningless, self-indulgent tangents just gets me reaching for the "off" button.          

Time of the month, Thrac???

• Like 1