Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

After a long wait, today I finally got my new phone, an HTC Touch HD.

Advanced phone with all the bells and whistles, including mobile Windows.

But guess what?

It only allows a limited number of characters for a contact's name, meaning that my imported contacts have all had their surnames chopped off.

Also, those contacts who have more than one number have been split into two or more contacts/entries.

So for instance, a single contact named "Anne Something" with a home and mobile number has been turned into two contacts:

- Anne Someth/H

- Anne Someth/M

thus multiplying the number of contacts I have to wade through. Argh!

How backwards is that? :rolleyes:

My old Sony Ericsson phones used to behave correctly already 4 years ago.

I am not happy with this at all.... :angry:

This annoys me on my Omnia.

This annoys me on my Omnia.

Use outlook to manage your contacts, you can have loads of numbers per name, the first name second name stuff all sorted, more than one address, email etc per contact. Winmo contact management is actually really flexible and about the best I've come across on a phone, much better than the SE's I have had in the past (even symbian Os ones).

Use outlook to manage your contacts, you can have loads of numbers per name, the first name second name stuff all sorted, more than one address, email etc per contact. Winmo contact management is actually really flexible and about the best I've come across on a phone, much better than the SE's I have had in the past (even symbian Os ones).

It's when I enter a name and it tells me it's too long. That irks me.

I don't think I get the most out of my Omnia, to be honest.

It's got a mind of its own. Stupid phone.

Should be better after the firmware upgrade

TPH, try adding something like spb mobile shell or another touch friendly UI, also check your firmware is uptodate (will have to back stuff up to do an upgrade though).

Edited by Sir Fynwy

Mine is very slow to react.

Also my fingers are too fat and clumsy to coax it in to doing what I want.

My fingers are ickle and delicate, but still manage to hit send instead of delete.

Should be better after the firmware upgrade

It's turning on the tinternet all the frigging time. Stupid phone.

My fingers are ickle and delicate, but still manage to hit send instead of delete.

It's turning on the tinternet all the frigging time. Stupid phone.

check you haven't got auto update on things like active sync, outlook and the weather setup, anything that requires an internet connection and might be trying automatically.

also make sure that the browser connection in connections is set to auto detect.

check you haven't got auto update on things like active sync, outlook and the weather setup, anything that requires an internet connection and might be trying automatically.

also make sure that the browser connection in connections is set to auto detect.

I hope that the firmware doesn't have to be updated often; this is a right pain in the frigging arse.

I've reluctantly started using it recently, and from I've seen of it so far it's hard not to agree.

P.S. Does jizz steam?

It would depend on the temperature of the atmosphere I guess, as well as the aforementioned jizz.

I'd also like to add weather presenters that gurn when forecasting shite, wet weather, but make out that it's fantastic for everyone because it'll be "mild."

Fuck off, what good is mild weather if it's pishing down with rain?

It would depend on the temperature of the atmosphere I guess, as well as the aforementioned jizz.

I'd also like to add weather presenters that gurn when forecasting shite, wet weather, but make out that it's fantastic for everyone because it'll be "mild."

Fuck off, what good is mild weather if it's pishing down with rain?

Come back and say that when you're on fire. Ungrateful bastard.

fook off, what good is mild weather if it's pishing down with rain?

Gurning lol

Just the word makes me laugh :unsure::giggle:

Edited by potter3

martin O'Neill . Never thought I'd say it as he is still really a god in my mind but I am getting increasingly fed up with opening the paper and reading his latest asinine comments on the price of fish or whatever and wish he would just shut the f*** up for a minute. After all who does he think he is- Ian Holloway? So MON when you win something let's hear what you have to say, until then shtum please

After a long wait, today I finally got my new phone, an HTC Touch HD.

Advanced phone with all the bells and whistles, including mobile Windows.

But guess what?

It only allows a limited number of characters for a contact's name, meaning that my imported contacts have all had their surnames chopped off.

Also, those contacts who have more than one number have been split into two or more contacts/entries.

So for instance, a single contact named "Anne Something" with a home and mobile number has been turned into two contacts:

- Anne Someth/H

- Anne Someth/M

thus multiplying the number of contacts I have to wade through. Argh!

How backwards is that? :rolleyes:

My old Sony Ericsson phones used to behave correctly already 4 years ago.

I am not happy with this at all.... :angry:

Was your last phone Sony Ericsson? If you transferred them from that to the sim card to put them on your new phone then that's what happens. Sim contacts can only have a certain number of characters and one number per contact. The Sony Ericsson adds the /H or whatever to help you distinguish. It's probably nothing to do with the new phone.

Was your last phone Sony Ericsson? If you transferred them from that to the sim card to put them on your new phone then that's what happens. Sim contacts can only have a certain number of characters and one number per contact. The Sony Ericsson adds the /H or whatever to help you distinguish. It's probably nothing to do with the new phone.

It's the new phone's fault for failing to accept the transfer of the whole contact book from the Sony Ericsson phone though!

(This transfers fine in just a few seconds between k750i and P900, for instance).

Imagine me having to correct the names of the first 200 contacts and then beaming over the remaining 219 contacts one by one :angry:

Edited by cisono