Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

O2.

Well, O2 and DHL.

Cocking up the delivery date and sending it to a house during the daytime. It was for the wife's birthday and today is not it - so now the phone sits in pissing Lichfield, 18 miles away. Can I get to it before the weekend? No. Can I cancel the Posh to collect it? No.

So it'll be returned to O2 and they'll cancel the order and refund my money - which will be after her birthday. Twats.

And DHL for operating a pissant service where they don't deliver WHEN PEOPLE ARE BACK FROM WORK AND IN THEIR ****ING HOUSE. Twatface arsehole munchers.

I would like someone to blame directly for this - Thracian, get onto Yahoo News and find me a target. Preferably someone foreign looking who doesn't deserve to be here.

O2.

Well, O2 and DHL.

Cocking up the delivery date and sending it to a house during the daytime. It was for the wife's birthday and today is not it - so now the phone sits in pissing Lichfield, 18 miles away. Can I get to it before the weekend? No. Can I cancel the Posh to collect it? No.

So it'll be returned to O2 and they'll cancel the order and refund my money - which will be after her birthday. Twats.

And DHL for operating a pissant service where they don't deliver WHEN PEOPLE ARE BACK FROM WORK AND IN THEIR ****ING HOUSE. Twatface arsehole munchers.

I would like someone to blame directly for this - Thracian, get onto Yahoo News and find me a target. Preferably someone foreign looking who doesn't deserve to be here.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090324/tuk-h...ls-6323e80.html

You're an imaginative bloke so perhaps you can think of a way of blaming this fella although he sounds about as pissed off as you and with equally good reason.

If he wants to go to the hereafter on an outdoor funeral pyre I really cannot see the problem. Hell it's not long ago they were burning great piles of cattle in the great outdoors and they didn't see anything wrong in that.

In fact I could quite fancy that sort of send off myself when the time comes - out in the fresh air and all that. Cos he's spot on about crematoriums. Clinical processing plants.

The ridiculous number of people in Harborough with southern accents nowadays.

I am seriously in a dilemma over whether or not I should elongate my vowels. Purely for professional reasons, of course.

When people say that fining people is a revenue raiser as if it's wrong. There was some silly woman on Breakfast News this morning moaning because someone had been caught on CCTV dropping a fag butt in the street and had been fined £50. What's unfair about that? It would be unfair if someone dropped a fag butt on the floor and someone else was asked to cough up money - oops, I forgot that's what happens anyway. Our council taxes are used to pay someone to clean it up - great, that's MUCH fairer.

The point of fining people for doing things is to discourage them from doing them, and as people don't generally like having to pay for things that's why it's a cash penalty. Perhaps the disincentives should be reviewed, with the perpetrators of small and twatty misdemeanours given the option of being punched squarely in the face or made to eat a dog chod

When people say that fining people is a revenue raiser as if it's wrong. There was some silly woman on Breakfast News this morning moaning because someone had been caught on CCTV dropping a fag butt in the street and had been fined £50. What's unfair about that? It would be unfair if someone dropped a fag butt on the floor and someone else was asked to cough up money - oops, I forgot that's what happens anyway. Our council taxes are used to pay someone to clean it up - great, that's MUCH fairer.

The point of fining people for doing things is to discourage them from doing them, and as people don't generally like having to pay for things that's why it's a cash penalty. Perhaps the disincentives should be reviewed, with the perpetrators of small and twatty misdemeanours given the option of being punched squarely in the face or made to eat a dog chod

Idiot taxes - that's what I call fines etc.

The point the women was making was about our surveillance society. Councils using anti-terror legislation to check whether parents actually live in the correct catchment area. Where will it end? What kind of police state will we end up with if we tolerate this kind of thing?

The point the women was making was about our surveillance society. Councils using anti-terror legislation to check whether parents actually live in the correct catchment area. Where will it end? What kind of police state will we end up with if we tolerate this kind of thing?

exactly ,, they will end up using cameras to catch us doing 35mph in a 30mph limit next :angry:

:D

One of the women said that, but the other suggested it was being used simply for revenue raising. Yes, it could get out of hand, but couldn't everything? Capitalism, global warming, small children with ice creams could all potentially wreak havoc if left unchecked. I can tolerate people being punished for dropping litter and I can tolerate people being checked to see if they're telling the truth, because I'm not that keen on litter or lying. If there's any suggestion that MI5 may be planning on stopping me from listening to Morrissey or buying a Caramac then I might get interested, but this concern that all this surveillance will inevitably be used against us by some Orwellian regime at some point strikes me as a bit strange, because if we dismantled it all and threw it in the canal, wouldn't they just build it again if they ever did take over? Until this happens it will come in very handy for stopping people doing BAD THINGS