Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 31/07/2018 at 19:50, Suzie the Fox said:

She used to have a bell but last year I bought a new cat flap (to stop other cats coming into the house) which operates on magnets and where my cat wares a magnet on her collar to open the flap. However the bell is metal so it would just stick to the magnet and not ring. I have looked for a plastic bell, which wouldnt be affected by the magnet but so far not be able to find one.  :( 

Must look harder and thanks for the advice.. 

Hi Suzie - we now use a cat flap that works on your cat's chip.  Less cumbersome for the cats and keeps other cats out.  Simple to set up.  Might help if your cat is chipped. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vince Vega said:

Hi Suzie - we now use a cat flap that works on your cat's chip.  Less cumbersome for the cats and keeps other cats out.  Simple to set up.  Might help if your cat is chipped. 

Oh thank you Vince, i had never heard of that before. Will give the bells a try 1st as they only cost a £5 for x12, not sure how happy she will be about it though. Lets see how the next few weeks go though.

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Oh thank you Vince, i had never heard of that before. Will give the bells a try 1st as they only cost a £5 for x12, not sure how happy she will be about it though. Lets see how the next few weeks go though.

Good luck.  We have two cats and one is very much a hunter too, so I know what it's like. :)

• Haha 1

On 01/08/2018 at 09:06, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Who eats this ?? Egg nuggets ?yummy

09371FB2-5407-42BD-A980-DE08FBB3090E.png

I don't know if it's the same company but you used to get All Day Breakfast and a "Mixed Grill" one, neither are good cuisine but they're pretty handy if you are camping and have no means of keeping actual meat cool for long periods of time

52 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He's been a moron for over 25 years. Can't believe people still employ him really.

Possibly because people still say 'moron' about him. And because I'm saying this. No such thing as bad publicity?

Shock jock stuff is tedious and puerile. It's very easy to offend. Takes no skill at all.

• Like 1

Folk on the forum that (and I'm doing it now) refer to other folk on the forum as a unit; very 'us and them'. There is no single entity that is FT, it is comprised of a multitude of single opinions - some shared, some not. Saying that there is 'FT meltdown' or "comedy gold" is nonsense and suggests only that the poster is big upping themselves (as I am doing now) and wants to be seen as an individual distinct from, and perhaps superior to, opinions that they in simple essence disagree with. There's no need to do that, chill.

Most of us (myself included) know sod all in reality but we like to share that. No big thing. It's very normal human behavior, don't be offended by it nor feel the need to distance yourself from it. You're not judged by other people's opinions even if we are all, notionally anyway, Leicester City fans.

...but I do draw the line at "sweet Prince"... Jeez, getta grip ;)

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

them ****ing co op adverts

there was that crap one when the world cup was on and now theres another where a woman puts cheese on a sausage and its ****ing horrid

what? but she puts cheese on her cornflakes!!!!1111

• Like 1

Every time I use a website, and the company tells me that they want to harvest my data so I can have "better ad experiences".

**** you. Stop trying to convince me that these "optimal AD experiences" are for my benefit. YOU want to give me targeted Ads because then you think I might actually click on the damn things (NB: I won't). I understand that websites need to advertise for revenue purposes, but don't have the audacity to pretend it's because you're doing me a favour out of the goodness of your heart.

/Rant

• Like 2

Unsure if I’ve mentioned this before, May well have done. 

It bugs me when you’re driving on the motorway, mainly at night, and lorry drivers flash you once you go past as if to acknowldge it’s good to move back in to th lane. I don’t need your help thanks mr Eddie Stobart I can make an overtaking manoeuvre sagely all by myself. I don’t even know why this irks me and I’m sure they think they are being helpful but it really gets at me.

quue a reply what an odd thing to get wound up about 

15 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

It bugs me when you’re driving on the motorway, mainly at night, and lorry drivers flash you once you go past as if to acknowldge it’s good to move back in to th lane. I don’t need your help thanks mr Eddie Stobart I can make an overtaking manoeuvre sagely all by myself. I don’t even know why this irks me and I’m sure they think they are being helpful but it really gets at me.

This is a useless reply to state that what you mentioned above is not odd.  You are normal! Just looking for a rep point tonight to know i helped a fellow fox out.

On 04/08/2018 at 12:16, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

them ****ing co op adverts

there was that crap one when the world cup was on and now theres another where a woman puts cheese on a sausage and its ****ing horrid

It's shit, but nowhere near as bad as the fvcking Corn Flake ones

"I like to eat them in the evening"

"I like to eat them with milk that's on the turn"

"I like peanut butter on mine, epic"

And that woman drumming like dogshit one has made an unwelcome return. I don't get the advert. She drums ok with just the snare, hi hat and kick drum. Then the camera pans out and she suddenly has a full kit, and attempts to showboat but it becomes clear she just isn't very good at it. I don't even know what the advert is for, and I think the idea is "unlock your potential" but it's completely nullified if what you are given is actually a hindrance. I think they must have ran out of time for filming, she completely fudges the last couple of bars and they left it in the advert

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

2 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Maybe they're flashing because they dont want you in front of them in the gap they leave for the braking zone

41 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's shit, but nowhere near as bad as the fvcking Corn Flake ones

"I like to eat them in the evening"

"I like to eat them with milk that's on the turn"

"I like peanut butter on mine, epic"

And that woman drumming like dogshit one has made an unwelcome return. I don't get the advert. She drums ok with just the snare, hi hat and kick drum. Then the camera pans out and she suddenly has a full kit, and attempts to showboat but it becomes clear she just isn't very good at it. I don't even know what the advert is for, and I think the idea is "unlock your potential" but it's completely nullified if what you are given is actually a hindrance. I think they must have ran out of time for filming, she completely fudges the last couple of bars and they left it in the advert

Obviously we dont see the same ads here as you do, but while watching a stream of SSN i saw this advert and the first thing i said to the lovely Mrs Oz was..

"the drumming was better when she only had a couple of drums"

I think the advert is for something saying having more is better.. but the drumming is completely contrary to this and then the whole advert is a massive failure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SystonFox said:

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

Maybe they're flashing because they dont want you in front of them in the gap they leave for the braking zone

As an ex-trucker, I can answer this.

Professional truckers have a number of esoteric messages conveyed to one another by lights and indicators; in this particular instance, the trucker being passed will flash the passing trucker to let them know that their trailer is past and it's safe to pull in - something that is difficult to tell in the mirror, particularly when it's dark. Of course, there is absolutely no need to extend the same courtesy to a car driver and I can only assume its over-enthusiasm on the part of an inexperienced driver.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Buce said:

Professional truckers have a number of esoteric messages conveyed to one another by lights and indicators; in this particular instance, the trucker being passed will flash the passing trucker to let them know that their trailer is past and it's safe to pull in - something that is difficult to tell in the mirror, particularly when it's dark. Of course, there is absolutely no need to extend the same courtesy to a car driver and I can only assume its over-enthusiasm on the part of an inexperienced driver.

Rookies tsk.

7 hours ago, Buce said:

or just force of habit